Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 221 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181204_092219 (resized).jpg
    20181204_092219 (resized).jpg
    9AEB914F-2459-4515-924C-DC5AEFD93EBA (resized).jpeg
    stnc_catacomb2 (resized).jpg
    20180929_172151 (resized).jpg
    terryminibike2 (resized).jpg
    terryminibike (resized).jpg
    20180929_203945 (resized).jpg
    20180929_202253 (resized).jpg
    20180929_202628 (resized).jpg
    cops (resized).jpg
    i am so excited pic (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    002_ac551358-d444-4970-b672-5fd5a17f2caa_large (resized).jpg
    one (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 5 years ago

Also used the trail. It was great to explore and take a break from the games.

#202 5 years ago
    Quoted from paddlepaw:

Also used the trail. It was great to explore and take a break from the games.

If we are talking about the wide trail through the woods, then yes: My daughter and I took a nature hike to clear our heads. She played for almost 8 hours yesterday, and wanted to play Space Shuttle at home shortly after waking up today

#203 5 years ago

I just wanted to say thanks for such an amazing time! I'm really into classic sterns right now and got to play until my heart was content. I got to see so many amazing machines I never knew existed. What an incredible experience!

#204 5 years ago

We've been refining a lot of games to better lighting (warm white frosted LEDs for GI.) The classic sterns are one of those that we really need to upgrade. We just finished Catacomb, but we need to go down the row and do them all. We did the GI and the CPU controlled lights on that game. It's a time consuming process (resistors added to every CPU controlled light socket), but worth it in the end.

stnc_catacomb2 (resized).jpgstnc_catacomb2 (resized).jpg

#205 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Totally agree about the lineup change.... far less crowding with the exception of the small back room with all of the really A+ games. However, even there the Alien pin seemed to take up most of the attention.

Yes, agree the crowd was dispersed better. Besides the back room, the Stern row was filled up pretty much all day, but we got to play what we wanted. Sometimes just waited behind someone that was playing multiple games to get a turn, but no problems or issues. Once again a well run show. The support staff did fantastic at trying to fix and keep pins running on the fly. Thanks Clay for a great show once again.

#206 5 years ago

I had a wicked awesome game on Paragon. So good that I think I flipped the score board. I wish someone could review the tapes and let me know.

9AEB914F-2459-4515-924C-DC5AEFD93EBA (resized).jpeg9AEB914F-2459-4515-924C-DC5AEFD93EBA (resized).jpeg
    #207 5 years ago

Had a great time. Spent all my time playing the woodrails, the EM's, and a few of the "WTF IS THIS?" games in the back secret room. A Michigan treasure for sure! Thanks Clay and the whole VFW team!

#208 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Did anybody find the new VFW happy trail? If so was it utilized??
    And I agree Doug’s VFW breakfast sandwich was the best I’ve ever had anywhere

I found the trail and definitely took a few breaks during the day to ride my OneWheel through the track. So much fun.

#209 5 years ago
    Quoted from cletus:

I wish someone could review the tapes and let me know.

Sorry we only use the cameras to watch the fights between us.

#210 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Had a great time. Spent all my time playing the woodrails, the EM's, and a few of the "WTF IS THIS?" games in the back secret room. A Michigan treasure for sure! Thanks Clay and the whole VFW team!

DON'T let "Hilton" know aboot one of the machines you saw there.....

#211 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

DON'T let "Hilton" know aboot one of the machines you saw there.....

Mums the word.

#212 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Only about 350 to go...
    It is a bit overwhelming, isn't it?

Since I've been keeping track we have played 125 of the games in the last 3 visits. It is going to take a while to get through them all, but I'm young, so I have a chance

#213 5 years ago

Loved the technoplay space team. Oddball design that was pretty fun

#214 5 years ago

I would make the drive to just play in the newest building to the east. The Data East wall was a lot of fun to explore. My first Baywatch experience!

The new arrangement of games was great. Must have been a lot of time and energy but it appeals to my OCD.

Thanks to Clay and all involved.

2 months later
    #215 5 years ago

Always happy to spread the word.
    Even on vacation.

20181204_092219 (resized).jpg20181204_092219 (resized).jpg
    #216 5 years ago

When’s the next event? Been there several times and it is worth the drive.

#217 5 years ago
    Quoted from MJW:

When’s the next event? Been there several times and it is worth the drive.

The next event is the annual 3 day May event. Dates to be announced.

#218 5 years ago

Already posted on the website. May 3-5, 2019.

#219 5 years ago

Looking forward to it.
    Especially with rec cannabis legal.

Sent from Jamaica while drunk as fuck.

20181204_092219 (resized).jpg20181204_092219 (resized).jpg
    #220 5 years ago

The tech staff has been told by the Master of Ceremonies that we will be fired if we flunk a random drug test.

#221 5 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Looking forward to it.
    Especially with rec cannabis legal.
    Sent from Jamaica while drunk as fuck.

Look for me on the happy trail outback

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-2018-fall-ann-arbor-mini-pinball-show-sept-29/page/5?hl=michigandad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.