Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 221 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181204_092219 (resized).jpg
    20181204_092219 (resized).jpg
    9AEB914F-2459-4515-924C-DC5AEFD93EBA (resized).jpeg
    stnc_catacomb2 (resized).jpg
    20180929_172151 (resized).jpg
    terryminibike2 (resized).jpg
    terryminibike (resized).jpg
    20180929_203945 (resized).jpg
    20180929_202253 (resized).jpg
    20180929_202628 (resized).jpg
    cops (resized).jpg
    i am so excited pic (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    002_ac551358-d444-4970-b672-5fd5a17f2caa_large (resized).jpg
    one (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 5 years ago

Still have the bring a game you dont have and get in free for the mini show?

1 week later
    #152 5 years ago

With one week to go until showtime, the US 23 Flex Route lanes were being utilized as a shakedown for show traffic.

20180921_192401 (resized).jpg20180921_192401 (resized).jpg20180921_192452 (resized).jpg20180921_192452 (resized).jpg
    #153 5 years ago

Final preparations and repairs continue on both pins and mini-bikes for the mini-showcase.

20180914_195343 (resized).jpg20180914_195343 (resized).jpg20180914_224814 (resized).jpg20180914_224814 (resized).jpg20180921_222256 (resized).jpg20180921_222256 (resized).jpg
    #154 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

With one week to go until showtime, the US 23 Flex Route lanes were being utilized as a shakedown for show traffic.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Ha not that is fucking funny. I've seen that lane open once the entries time it's been there. More like it 3ill be closed and the speed limit will be reduced to 60 for No apparent reason

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

More like it 3ill be closed and the speed limit will be reduced to 60 for No apparent reason

You do know that 60mph is a minimum speed limit. Stop getting your limits crossed.

7 days till the Mini-show.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #156 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha not that is fucking funny. I've seen that lane open once the entries time it's been there. More like it 3ill be closed and the speed limit will be reduced to 60 for No apparent reason

You must not get out much. I use them aboot half the time I travel on US-23

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

You do know that 60mph is a minimum speed limit. Stop getting your limits crossed.

Sadly it is not. Since the new system has gone in they can change the speed limit to whatever they want...they just punch a new number out on the readout which becomes the posted speed limit; It's pretty lame. Sometimes it's 60 for no real reasonwhen the traffic is moving just fine. I've been in heavy traffic, slow traffic, planned road construction etc all with the flex lane closed. Literally they roll out the cones and signs to merge down to 1 lane...and the flexlane was open and X'd out.

Now, I don;t know what happens up in Gravitars neck of the woods, nor do i care, just what happens between 14 and the VFW.

#158 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I used it last week 23 north about 4:30 lane open speed 60 everyone doing 70 - 80. me thinkls they just wanted to get the freak away from AnnArbor.

#159 5 years ago

I have an RFM just posted in the marketplace place that’s not far from the show and would be available for pickup on the 29th. Getting excited about the show. See you there. Howie

#160 5 years ago

might be looking for an extra ticket. please let me know if one is available.

#161 5 years ago

Anyone coming from Pittsburgh that could bring a pin? Need a ticket? I might have an extra. Let me know.

#162 5 years ago

look above

#163 5 years ago

Need 3 tickets

Added over 6 years ago:

Got 3. Don't need anymore. Thanks!

#164 5 years ago

I don’t think I will be able to attend this weekend and I would like to sell my ticket if anyone is interested. I have only one.

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from metahugh:

I don’t think I will be able to attend this weekend and I would like to sell my ticket if anyone is interested. I have only one.

PM sent

#166 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

The show is completely sold out!...

That might have surprised you, but not the loyal enthusiasts here. Heck, I've only been to VFW once and I figured it would be sold out!

Thanks again for a mini event - much appreciated.

#167 5 years ago

Thanks. My ticket reservation is now gone.

#168 5 years ago

Hey... If anyone coming to the show on Saturday can bring and sell me a 6116 nvram chip, PM me. I'm one short. Thanks in advance.
    -Todd

#169 5 years ago

the number of days left until the september mini show (and a 'hi' to our friends residing in illinois attending tomorrow
    one (resized).jpgone (resized).jpg

#170 5 years ago

Here is the Rated "G" version of number of days left. See you all there tomorrow...

002_ac551358-d444-4970-b672-5fd5a17f2caa_large (resized).jpg002_ac551358-d444-4970-b672-5fd5a17f2caa_large (resized).jpg
    #171 5 years ago

I have one reservation for the show for sale. 10 bucks paypal to me and I will contact Clay to put you're name on it.

PM me please and I will answer the first one.

#172 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Hey... If anyone coming to the show on Saturday can bring and sell me a 6116 nvram chip, PM me. I'm one short. Thanks in advance.
    -Todd

I have one for you

#173 5 years ago

if anyone wants to tailgate, I will be in a black outback chilling drinking beer. stop by and say hi. bring a chair and drink up with us.

#174 5 years ago

I'm looking for 2 ticket reservations for the show if anyone cannot make it. Thank you.

Edit: Got 'em thanks!

#175 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

if anyone wants to tailgate, I will be in a black outback chilling drinking beer. stop by and say hi. bring a chair and drink up with us.

I heard that you got banned for helping to break a pig at the last event. did they clear that up?

#176 5 years ago

Yes they did. As a matter a fact, I think you were the biggest culprit

#177 5 years ago

culprit? never. enabler? possibly

#178 5 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #179 5 years ago
    i am so excited pic (resized).jpgi am so excited pic (resized).jpg
    #180 5 years ago

All the best for the fall show.
    See you in the spring!

#181 5 years ago

The friendly Michigan State Police are on northbound US-23 at this time to provide assistance and speeding tickets to those heading to the VFW show.

#182 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

The friendly Michigan State Police are on northbound US-23 at this time to provide assistance and speeding tickets to those heading to the VFW show.

Did you get a driving lesson? For doing 87 MPH

cops (resized).jpgcops (resized).jpg
    #183 5 years ago

And it's a wrap for the 6th public VFW/Ann Arbor Pinball Museum showcase.

Thanks to all the volunteers and guests who made this possible.

We even had a nice Fireside Chat after the show ended.

And thanks to Clay, no matter how nice or obnoxious he can be to the staff.

20180929_202253 (resized).jpg20180929_202253 (resized).jpg20180929_202628 (resized).jpg20180929_202628 (resized).jpg20180929_203945 (resized).jpg20180929_203945 (resized).jpg

#184 5 years ago

Congrats to the staff and Clay. Can't say enough for a 'thank you' to all that made it possible. Will be back in the spring!

#185 5 years ago

my favorite picture from the show....

terryminibike (resized).jpgterryminibike (resized).jpg

And the guy holding his beer is in the background...

terryminibike2 (resized).jpgterryminibike2 (resized).jpg

#186 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

my favorite picture from the show....
    [quoted image]
    And the guy holding his beer is in the background...
    [quoted image]

Thanks Terry, that's why the blue dragster ran out of gas for me when the show ended. It was a Long walk back pushing that 10+HP beast.....

#187 5 years ago

Tentative spring show date?
    I want to see about bringing a few extra people.
    $$$ draw for a SS + machine and I am in.
    I want to be able to reserve a poster with my tees.

#188 5 years ago

Thanks again for a great show, played 47 different games this time around, new high for us.

#189 5 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

Thanks again for a great show, played 47 different games this time around, new high for us.

Only about 350 to go...

It is a bit overwhelming, isn't it?

#190 5 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Tentative spring show date?
    I want to see about bringing a few extra people.
    $$$ draw for a SS + machine and I am in.
    I want to be able to reserve a poster with my tees.

Tentative days are: May 3-5, 2019

#191 5 years ago

It wouldn't be a VFW show without this machine frying a coil or three......

20180929_172151 (resized).jpg20180929_172151 (resized).jpg
    #192 5 years ago

Why is Aaron the only one that smiles when something breaks?every time something broke he would get that same look in his eyes as my dog does when I feed her bacon.

#193 5 years ago

Clay, watch out, I'm picking up a strong Wicker Man vibe from those fireside chat photos.

#194 5 years ago

Great show. The latest mix up of the games really helped to keep the crowd more evenly distributed in the different buildings throughout the day.

#195 5 years ago
    Quoted from cletus:

Great show. The latest mix up of the games really helped to keep the crowd more evenly distributed in the different buildings throughout the day.

That was the intention, an experiment that went horribly right

#196 5 years ago

Totally agree about the lineup change.... far less crowding with the exception of the small back room with all of the really A+ games. However, even there the Alien pin seemed to take up most of the attention.

You could tell there were far more casual players and kids, as I saw ALOT of games abandoned mid-game and far more folks playing multiple games. However, with the size of the crowd and the new lineup, it was easy to just go find another game. And a big A++ for the breakfast sandwiches.... it kept me from running through the McDonalds drive thru before the event.

Hopefully, VFW will have the day after Thanksgiving event this year. If not, the Spring event is only 7 months away!

#197 5 years ago

Did anybody find the new VFW happy trail? If so was it utilized??

And I agree Doug’s VFW breakfast sandwich was the best I’ve ever had anywhere

#198 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Did anybody find the new VFW happy trail? If so was it utilized??

Are 4WD's allowed on it? My daughter could have taken her Jeep out there. Trail Rated......

#199 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

I was eyeing those, but was still full from the hotel breakfast. That mistake won't happen again...

#200 5 years ago

I utilized the happy trail

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-2018-fall-ann-arbor-mini-pinball-show-sept-29/page/4?hl=michigandad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.