Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 221 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181204_092219 (resized).jpg
    20181204_092219 (resized).jpg
    9AEB914F-2459-4515-924C-DC5AEFD93EBA (resized).jpeg
    stnc_catacomb2 (resized).jpg
    20180929_172151 (resized).jpg
    terryminibike2 (resized).jpg
    terryminibike (resized).jpg
    20180929_203945 (resized).jpg
    20180929_202253 (resized).jpg
    20180929_202628 (resized).jpg
    cops (resized).jpg
    i am so excited pic (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    002_ac551358-d444-4970-b672-5fd5a17f2caa_large (resized).jpg
    one (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 5 years ago

If you're looking for a great $$$ maker offer board repair during events (pre reg).
    I wouldn't be opposed too bringing them broke if I know they are coming home fixed.

#102 5 years ago

we have been doing the board repair thing for years. it's not advertised but people bring stuff, and if there's time, we fix it right then. Nothing real elaborate mind you. coin battery installs and simple things mostly.

#103 5 years ago

I will be sure to contact you before the spring show (in detail to the problem) if I am still in need.
    Damn, could have used that this year already. Having a tech with 2 high school teen daughters and a new job means no side board work.

#104 5 years ago

We have cut 8 foot wide nature trails into the VFW property too. So if you want to take a break from pinballs, there's a 1/2 mile trail through the woods. It's really nice. Probably a good place for smokers or those that just need a break from the action.

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Probably a good place for smokers

89dfghnfgfgd54vc5fg8954jh849hgf (resized).jpg89dfghnfgfgd54vc5fg8954jh849hgf (resized).jpg
    #106 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

we have been doing the board repair thing for years. it's not advertised but people bring stuff, and if there's time, we fix it right then. Nothing real elaborate mind you. coin battery installs and simple things mostly.

Clay teaches board repair....

solder (resized).jpgsolder (resized).jpg
    #107 5 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

Wow...Clay, you've changed!

#108 5 years ago

If you guys are planning to come to the mini-show on saturday Sept 29th at the VFW, my suggestion is you get your ticket reservation soon. For as little advertising as we've done on this, ticket reservations are starting to thin down. See http://vfwpinball.com/?p=128 for details. Thanks!

#109 5 years ago

Days to go, vrooooooooom vrooooooooooooom

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #110 5 years ago

Well, i have a plane ticket back to Michigan for that weekend now, so i guess i'll be there!
    Not bringing the chain mail this time, though...sorry!

#111 5 years ago

Months until the show....

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
    #112 5 years ago

Is there any form of parking lot sale or event that goes along with this date? Anyone planning to bring games for sale?

#113 5 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #114 5 years ago

The parking lot is certainly big enough if anyone wanted to sell games there. but i think the days of old are gone where guys show up with a trailer, filled with 10 games (as is) for sale...

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

The parking lot is certainly big enough if anyone wanted to sell games there. but i think the days of old are gone where guys show up with a trailer, filled with 10 games (as is) for sale...

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

but i think the days of old are gone where guys show up with a trailer, filled with 10 games (as is) for sale...

Well now that Coil has moved and has no more swamp games to sell.

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

[quoted image]

*Crop dusting

#118 5 years ago

I miss coil and his stanky, cheap, project games....

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

lol. I hope he didn't teach her how to hold a soldering iron

#120 5 years ago

To All:

The show will have food concessions at the “SNACK SHACK” just as in the past:

Hot Dogs
    Stadium kielbasa
    Cheese burgers
    Pulled pork sandwiches
    Cole slaw
    Bake beans
    Assorted chips, candy bars, soda and water.

Also, we are trying something new: Sausage/egg/cheese/muffin sandwiches, hash brown, doughnuts, OJ & coffee starting at 9:00 AM for the early arrivals. Fresh, cooked to order (or close to it).

BTW: We do not sell beer/wine however the parking lot is open for tailgating

Doug D.
    VFW Member

#121 5 years ago

woooohooo. that pulled pork is the bomb!!! goes great with the tasty beers I'll be drinking!!!

#122 5 years ago

Sweet I'll skip the McPoison breakfast

#123 5 years ago

Mike wants some chocolate

#124 5 years ago

I want more of collins beer

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Mike wants some chocolate

We can make super smores

#126 5 years ago

Awesome, I asked for a breakfast sandwich the morning of the showcase. Great idea.

#127 5 years ago

If any of you guys want to come to the Saturday Sept 29th Ann Arbor VFW mini-pinball show, please get your ticket reservations ASAP. The number of remaining tickets is getting pretty thin. We are nearly sold out for the show.
    http://vfwpinball.com/?p=128

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

woooohooo. that pulled pork is the bomb!!! goes great with the tasty beers I'll be drinking!!!

don't forget danny's chocolates. I hear that the pig is hankering for some of those again this year!

mini pig w- ice cream (resized).jpgmini pig w- ice cream (resized).jpg
    maybe we should turn this into an ice social!

#129 5 years ago

You guys can't handle my chocolates I'd have you pased out in the Marv so I'll just bring the wife's chocolates like last time.

Screenshot_2018-09-10-08-48-59-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-09-10-08-48-59-1 (resized).png
    #130 5 years ago

I have 2 extra paid “reservation” tickets available since my family schedule changed. PM me if interested. You would pay me $ 10 for each “reservation” and I would have Clay transfer it to your name. You would then pay the $30 balance for each ticket at the door.

#131 5 years ago

There are like three ticket reservations left, last I checked. Otherwise we are basically sold out for the show.

#132 5 years ago
    20180911_091741_001 (resized).jpg20180911_091741_001 (resized).jpg
    #133 5 years ago

deadpool's gonna be there?

#134 5 years ago

Looks like there is one ticket available via the website

#135 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypin:

I have 2 extra paid “reservation” tickets available since my family schedule changed. PM me if interested. You would pay me $ 10 for each “reservation” and I would have Clay transfer it to your name. You would then pay the $30 balance for each ticket at the door.

Tickets taken.

#136 5 years ago

Still have a bunch of ball bowler back glasses. If anyones interested i can bring them to the show. See ad for pics. 25 each if i dont have to deal with shipping. Or shoot me an offer, want them out of my basement!

#137 5 years ago

HEY ALL!... This is Christopher Franchi. I am attending Clay's show and have been looking to buy a good Capt. Fantastic game. Anyone attending that is looking to sell one, or know someone?? Please let me know. Also, if you own a Batman '66 or Guardians, bring your translight and hit me up. I'd be happy to sign them for you. See you there, pinheads!

Capt Fan (resized).jpgCapt Fan (resized).jpg
    #138 5 years ago

Christopher Franchi will be hosting the after party "fire chat side" outside, around the fire pit.
    Actually, i don't know if he will be doing that... i just made that up... sounds good though!

#139 5 years ago

The show is completely sold out!
    thank you everyone for getting your ticket reservations.

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

The show is completely sold out!
    thank you everyone for getting your ticket reservations.

Same as the spring show with number of admissions matching number of games?

#141 5 years ago

Gauged admissions ensure that extra touch of Quality and Originality.

#142 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Christopher Franchi will be hosting the after party "fire chat side" outside, around the fire pit.
    Actually, i don't know if he will be doing that... i just made that up... sounds good though!

Can I do it like the beginning of those 80's horror films, where I tell a story about a cool idea I had that Stern made me take out of the art, and then Clay jumps out with a spooky rubber mask on? If so, I'll do it!

#143 5 years ago

Oh no ... the last I looked there were no tickets needed. Now there are tickets .. and ... I missed them. Let me know if anyone needs to get rid of two tickets.

Thanks.

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from Metaluna5:

Can I do it like the beginning of those 80's horror films, where I tell a story about a cool idea I had that Stern made me take out of the art, and then Clay jumps out with a spooky rubber mask on? If so, I'll do it!

DUDE i got you covered!
    Ghost stories are appreciated too!!

#145 5 years ago
    Quoted from blueman01:

Oh no ... the last I looked there were no tickets needed. Now there are tickets .. and ... I missed them. Let me know if anyone needs to get rid of two tickets.
    Thanks.

When we first announced, yes, no tickets. But people complained and wanted a controlled crowd and controlled numbers. So we did a compromised and did "ticket reservations." I didn't think it would sell out, guess i was wrong! it was a good thing we did it this way.

That said, if you need a ticket reservation or two, send me an email [email protected] and i'll see what i can do. People cancel and change plans, so i expect it won't be a problem.

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

When we first announced, yes, no tickets. But people complained and wanted a controlled crowd and controlled numbers. So we did a compromised and did "ticket reservations." I didn't think it would sell out, guess i was wrong! it was a good thing we did it this way.
    That said, if you need a ticket reservation or two, send me an email [email protected] and i'll see what i can do. People cancel and change plans, so i expect it won't be a problem.

You asked for ideas in the first post, and suggested a pre-Reg. People shared their thoughts, myself included. Not sure that constitutes complaints. I wouldn’t have said anything if I thought it was complaining... just really happy to get to visit your place twice in a year!

#147 5 years ago

Ok fair enough...

#148 5 years ago

Is the Backglass Restoration guy going to be there?

#149 5 years ago
    Quoted from KevinD:

Is the Backglass Restoration guy going to be there?

BGResto....I'd imagine so yes

#150 5 years ago

I was tempted by the AP backglass but for the same price I can get the PP version with the mirrored areas.
    I will just have it shipped to the hotel for the Vegas trip.

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-2018-fall-ann-arbor-mini-pinball-show-sept-29/page/3?hl=metaluna5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.