Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 221 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181204_092219 (resized).jpg
    20181204_092219 (resized).jpg
    9AEB914F-2459-4515-924C-DC5AEFD93EBA (resized).jpeg
    stnc_catacomb2 (resized).jpg
    20180929_172151 (resized).jpg
    terryminibike2 (resized).jpg
    terryminibike (resized).jpg
    20180929_203945 (resized).jpg
    20180929_202253 (resized).jpg
    20180929_202628 (resized).jpg
    cops (resized).jpg
    i am so excited pic (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    002_ac551358-d444-4970-b672-5fd5a17f2caa_large (resized).jpg
    one (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 5 years ago

Is that Muni He on the right?

#52 5 years ago

Ok so you guys were right. I put up the reservation page and 25% of the tickets are already spoken for, in a 24 hour period! Holly crap i did not expect that. Since there is a max number, if you want to go to the fall 2018 Ann Arbor pinball mini-show, get a ticket reservation (sooner than later.) http://www.vfwpinball.com

#53 5 years ago

Never underestimate how much we love your collection and facilities.it's like Field of Dreams for pinballers.

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Never underestimate how much we love your collection and facilities.it's like Field of Dreams for pinballers.

Plus the weather should be better than it is in the Spring!

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Plus the weather should be better than it is in the Spring!

Michigan Weather all bets are off !!!!

#56 5 years ago

Hey all,

trying to get a read if there is any demand for T-shirts at this mini-event. Design would be a re-print of the same maroon color, blueprint of "Firefly" that we had at the spring show...

Any interest?

Thanks,
    Eric V., your friendly doorman

VFW Club Shirts 2018 Rear (resized).jpgVFW Club Shirts 2018 Rear (resized).jpg
    #57 5 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Hey all,
    trying to get a read if there is any demand for T-shirts at this mini-event. Design would be a re-print of the same maroon color, blueprint of "Firefly" that we had at the spring show...
    Any interest?
    Thanks,

I already bought one....

You hosed a hoser....

#58 5 years ago

One day event = poster

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

One day event = poster

Was there a poster for the spring event, or am I missing the context...?

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Hey all,
    Any interest?
    Thanks,

Maybe a different color? I like the design, but not not so much the maroon (I bought one of the green style instead in the spring). But I'd still get the maroon if that's all you had.

BTW, remember me and the better half? I had the C6 tee on and you mentioned you had a C5.

#61 5 years ago

There has been a poster for every years' spring show. But we don't make that many of them, and they are gone quickly.

The best poster was for the first spring show. It was really awesome and we had probably 100 of them, available at the door for free. they were gone pretty much instantly. They had a montage of pinball backglasses, like 30 of them. I only have one of those posters myself!

#62 5 years ago

no update on how many days?

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

BTW, remember me and the better half? I had the C6 tee on and you mentioned you had a C5.

Hell yeah....
    20170916_113059 (resized).jpg20170916_113059 (resized).jpg

<wave>

Later,
    EV

#64 5 years ago

I still love that green EV.

#65 5 years ago

the number of days left before the mini show in september (and a shoutout to our neighbors in the great white north
    hwy79 (resized).jpghwy79 (resized).jpg

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Hell yeah....

&lt;wave&gt;
    Later,
    EV

Ahh...green, that's right! Couldn't remember the color. The C5 has some great curves, much better than my C6. I even took a picture of my Torch Red C5 from the roof just to catch the curves! What track is that? Bowling Green by chance?

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread.

Mark

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

the number of days left before the mini show in september (and a shoutout to our neighbors in the great white north

More like the great white south if your crossing from Detroit

#68 5 years ago

Days to go.....

Screenshot_20180713-103548 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180713-103548 (resized).png
    #69 5 years ago

Don't think that is big enough to see, must enlarge. Ah better.

#70 5 years ago

Days to go for the show.....

I-75 (resized).PNGI-75 (resized).PNG
    2 weeks later
    #71 5 years ago

for those of you attending the sep 29th show
    if you would like clay to have a fireside chat and regale you with tales of interesting service calls and repairs (and the tomfoolery that goes on behind the scenes at the VFW), please email him at: [email protected]

rumor has it that he's willing to do this, but only if he gets enough people that are interested

ingredients for s'mores will be provided and possibly hotdogs to roast over the open fire

#72 5 years ago

Small Engine repair classes may be offered. Featuring the transition from Electro-mechanical to Solid State.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

for those of you attending the sep 29th show
    if you would like clay to have a fireside chat and regale you with tales of interesting service calls and repairs (and the tomfoolery that goes on behind the scenes at the VFW), please email him at: [email protected]
    rumor has it that he's willing to do this, but only if he gets enough people that are interested
    ingredients for s'mores will be provided and possibly hotdogs to roast over the open fire

Would you be his host/moderator and lead this discussion?

If you have seen Gary Flowers at Expo, it helps to have a moderator.

#74 5 years ago

JM clearly mis spoke. First off, it’s his “fire chat side”, as he prefers to call it. He is the moderator, the speaker, the hotdog roaster, the marshmallow roaster. This is his gig. I'll be there too, hopefully with some other far more important people.

there’s a couple important points....

1. There will be an actual fire. That is, this is held outside. And it’s after the show closes at 8 o’clock on Saturday night. Not one of these fake fire chats you see at other shows, where there’s no actual fire. How bogus is that? You must have a fire to have any sort of chat by the fire. I can’t believe the guys at all these other shows where they claim to have some sort of fire chat, but there’s no actual fire. At the VFW we give you the real deal with a real fire!

2. You will be able to roast marshmallows and hot dogs by the real fire. That’s because there’s a be an actual fire pit to roast things and to chat next to. We will have a limited number of hotdogs and marshmallows. There is an unlimited number of sticks to put them on because there’s woods right next-door. Make sure you pick out a nice dick, Err I mean stick, before coming if you want to roast

3. Everyone is invited to speak. Will go around and tell stories, kind of like we all used to do at Boy Scouts. But it doesn’t have to be a ghost story. It could be a regular story. It’s up to you. The moderator will ask people to raise their hand and he’ll pick someone.

4. The cost of this fine event is nothing. You just need to have bought a Saturday ticket

5. If things start to get boring we’ll throw JM on the fire and watch him do his fire dance

6. Last but not least, and very important, bring your own chair. We will not have enough chairs for everybody so it’s best if you bring your own camping chair so you can sit comfortably by the fire

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

There is an unlimited number of sticks to put them on because there’s woods right next-door.

But watch out for poison ivy during your stick-selection process!!

#76 5 years ago

So no Clay fireside chat? I was hoping to hear about the tomfoolery of the club. but there will be a fire? I'm still in!! nothing like chilling around a fire drinking some beers!!

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Small Engine repair classes may be offered. Featuring the transition from Electro-mechanical to Solid State.

Magneto to CDI .... Is that what you mean???

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

So no Clay fireside chat? I was hoping to hear about the tomfoolery of the club. but there will be a fire? I'm still in!! nothing like chilling around a fire drinking some beers!!

Who's bringing the beans?

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Who's bringing the beans?[quoted image]

Trust me they don't need any help

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

JM clearly mis spoke. First off, it’s his “fire chat side”, as he prefers to call it. He is the moderator, the speaker, the hotdog roaster, the marshmallow roaster. This is his gig. I'll be there too, hopefully with some other far more important people.
    1. There will be an actual fire. That is, this is held outside. And it’s after the show closes at 8 o’clock on Saturday night. Not one of these fake fire chats you see at other shows, where there’s no actual fire. How bogus is that? You must have a fire to have any sort of chat by the fire. I can’t believe the guys at all these other shows where they claim to have some sort of fire chat, but there’s no actual fire. At the VFW we give you the real deal with a real fire!
    2. You will be able to roast marshmallows and hot dogs by the real fire. That’s because there’s a be an actual fire pit to roast things and to chat next to. We will have a limited number of hotdogs and marshmallows. There is an unlimited number of sticks to put them on because there’s woods right next-door. Make sure you pick out a nice dick, Err I mean stick, before coming if you want to roast
    3. Everyone is invited to speak. Will go around and tell stories, kind of like we all used to do at Boy Scouts. But it doesn’t have to be a ghost story. It could be a regular story. It’s up to you. The moderator will ask people to raise their hand and he’ll pick someone.
    4. The cost of this fine event is nothing. You just need to have bought a Saturday ticket
    5. If things start to get boring we’ll throw JM on the fire and watch him do his fire dance
    6. Last but not least, and very important, bring your own chair. We will not have enough chairs for everybody so it’s best if you bring your own camping chair so you can sit comfortably by the fire

fire pit (resized).jpgfire pit (resized).jpg
    #81 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

That's really cool!

#82 5 years ago

I love fire

#83 5 years ago

we could have beans but has to be at the end of the night. we don't need the crop dusting

2 weeks later
    #84 5 years ago

Days to go until the show...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#85 5 years ago

Number of days:

20180715_154852 (resized).png20180715_154852 (resized).png
    #86 5 years ago

It seems you have every 90's Data East except Batman. That game has eluded me to play it.

#87 5 years ago

Trying to figure out if I can make this show.

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

It seems you have every 90's Data East except Batman. That game has eluded me to play it.

Ha, never played it either. That's a tricky one alright.

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha, never played it either. That's a tricky one alright.

Do yourself a favor and never play it. Its as bad or worse than DE StarTrek.

#90 5 years ago

my personal opinion is that there's no worse DE game than StarTrek 25.
    i would own a batman. just i think they all melted or self destructed. they are really hard to find. when when you do find them, they are wasted. like dragged behind a car, wasted.

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

my personal opinion is that there's no worse DE game than StarTrek 25.
    i would own a batman. just i think they all melted or self destructed. they are really hard to find. when when you do find them, they are wasted. like dragged behind a car, wasted.

I've seen a few for sale over the years that were in excellent condition.

#92 5 years ago

There is a pretty good looking Visual Pinball version of Batman available if you know of anyone with VP you could give it a go.

#93 5 years ago

Been to VFW twice and really enjoyed it. Not sure if I can make this one. I asked Clay one time if he would ever consider a pinball repair class for non VFW members. Was surprised that there was not a lot of interest in that . I know he's a busy guy. I would make the drive from PA. I learned a lot from his videos , pinball ninja website and the repair guides.

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from MJW:

I asked Clay one time if he would ever consider a pinball repair class for non VFW members. Was surprised that there was not a lot of interest in that ....

There's been some talk so it might be a possibility

#95 5 years ago

It takes a lot of time and energy to do a repair class. we've done it before, for vfw members, and a handful of non-members. i think we did 2 or 3 classes. but my experience is that if people don't use the info immediately, it's all forgotten. So for the vfw members, this was an issue, they just don't use the info enough. that's why we haven't don't more classes. Because the whole idea was to get the VFW members better at pinball repair. But to that end, the classes just didn't seem to help.

Instead we came up with a different idea known as "sunday sunday sunday", where we do game restores/repairs. this seemed to help a lot more, and was far less preparation and structure work.

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

I put up the reservation page and 25% of the tickets are already spoken for, in a 24 hour period!

How does attendance look from preregistration now?

#97 5 years ago

Sign me up for a sun,sun,sun and help me finish bulletproofing my Williams sys 7 cpu.

You can sell me a whole seat, but I'll only need the edge...

#98 5 years ago

I would be up for a class or a Sunday,Sunday,Sunday if it's ever opened to the public.

#99 5 years ago

Sunday Sunday Sunday's are pretty fun. Been to a couple of them, need to go to more.

#100 5 years ago

the sunday sunday sunday thing is more EM related. It's really hard to teach solidstate repair in that format. but EM repair works really well in that environment. we don't do them during the summer though as michigan summers are just too short.

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-2018-fall-ann-arbor-mini-pinball-show-sept-29/page/2?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.