Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by EM-PINMAN
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Leesmall.JPG
    TPF_2007 044a.jpg
    Terminator-Ill-be-back-quote.jpg
    image-268.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snailman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 10 years ago

Great news! Show was a great time for my family and me, as it has for the past three TPF's. Venue was definitely the best of the three we've taken part in. And the free breakfasts and happy hours were a VERY nice benefit.

For anyone who's never been, you should add this to your calendar and start planning/saving now to be there!

Ed, If there's any possibility -- now that the hotel has seen how many hotel guests that TPF brought to their door -- to negotiate in free WiFi for the ballroom for attendee use, and also for tourney use, that would be fantastic!
    -- Although I'm guessing Marcus has already asked you for this.

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

would burn ROMs with the new ruleset

New ruleset for Centaur??!?
    What are the changes?

2 weeks later
    #69 10 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

dip18 = on , erase bonus after one ball total

Fascinating. So this new dip setting completely erases all bonus from ball to ball, including the "super bonus" levels at each increment of 20K?

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

So what's the point of that...just to make sure someone doesn't eventually roll the game? I dunno about you guys, but even when I've had MONSTER games on centaur/centaur 2, I've never even gotten remotely close to rolling it. I guess the theory is that for it to be considered a good competitive game, the merits of each ball should be taken into account, and having the bonus roll over from ball to ball means if you have a ridiculous ball one and mediocre 2/3, then the other guy has good scores across the board but no monster ball to start with, he could still lose?

Bingo. Super bonus, while fun in solo / casual play, skew the value of ball 1. Granted, there are plenty of EM's that skew the value of ball 5 with auto-double-bonus, but at least with that, there are 4 other balls to offset a house ball on ball 5.

#74 9 years ago

(Sorry for hijacking this thread to something unrelated to 2105 TPF)

You're right. I don't like the Bats/Rats carryover bonus either, especially because the value you end up getting is largely dependent on how lucky you get in the pops on the initial auto-plunge at beginning of Bats mode.
    So even if player 1 and 2 both skillfully shoot enough ramp loops to start Bats on Ball 1, 1 could have nearly 50M (x3) while 2 could get just 5M (x3).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snailman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-2015-tpf-dates-location?tu=snailman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.