Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by EM-PINMAN
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Leesmall.JPG
    TPF_2007 044a.jpg
    Terminator-Ill-be-back-quote.jpg
    image-268.jpg
    There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

No more excuses from me - I've GOT to make it this time.

#52 10 years ago

A friend and I had a great time... Lots of great pins. And vendors.... Pinball friendly people all over the place.. Looking forward to trying to get a Couples group involved for next year.

Excellent job everyone involved.

THX> NT<

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Thanks for bringing Quicksilver. I checked out the artwork on it, and played a couple games.
    What are the other pins you are considering which to bring as a 2nd pin for next year?

I'm glad you enjoyed Quicksilver...hoping to make it better for next year. Could bring Seawitch, but only if John gets playfields done in time. Could bring Centaur, have some ideas for mods and would burn ROMs with the new ruleset. Just picked up a Freefall, could get that one ready. Or Space Shuttle, or Evel, or....

My friend has about thirty 80's games too...maybe one of those. He talked about bringing his Transporter.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

You obviously never attended Pinball Expo when it was held in the late '90's/ early '00's at the Ramada O'Hare. Especially if you had a "promenade" suite.

Or Pinball Fantasies at the Riviera in Las Vegas.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

I'm glad you enjoyed Quicksilver...hoping to make it better for next year.

Quicksilver won my heart! Loved playing that thing. The sub was cool too.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Just picked up a Freefall, could get that one ready.

Yes, please. Never played that machine. Do that one dothedoo.

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

The problem was you couldn't hear it over the din. Turning up the sub just made it boomy and didn't help the normal game sounds so I left it pretty low. Probably the Dayton speaker I put in it was less efficient than the mouse riddled original. I'll put a line-level amp inside the machine to give the speaker a better push. Then you'll get the full effect of the sound system.

#58 10 years ago

Well, it was nice effect either way. Just enough to 'feel' it

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Well, it was nice effect either way. Just enough to 'feel' it

Thanks for the compliments. If you're ever in Lincoln (a stretch, I know) stop by and play it where you can hear it in all its glory.

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

would burn ROMs with the new ruleset

New ruleset for Centaur??!?
    What are the changes?

#62 10 years ago

In for year #4! All over that Bally Alley. I'll bring The Six Million Dollar Man and Black Pyramid back as well as Eight Ball Deluxe and Space Invaders. Oh, and the Acrylic Pinball Project. Gonna need an open space for that. Wouldn't look right in a row...

#63 10 years ago

Guys.. I had so much fun (and do at every TPF), that at the end of the event I always get this sinking feeling like "Oh crap, I gotta go home and be daddy, and go to work, and pay bills, and be a grown up"

#64 10 years ago

Ed, somehow you guys always manage to outdo the previous year. What an impressive event! Thanks for all of the time and effort put forth by yourself, Kim, Paul, Ken and volunteers. I had a great time. See you next year.
    Wally

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Yes, loved the sub. Especially when the ball went into the kick out.

1 week later
    #66 10 years ago

In addition to Classic Stern Row and 70s Bally row, we need the Home Pin row for next year. Brunswick Alive , Wico Big Top, Bally Fireball Home model, Brunswick Aspen , Bally EK Home Model, Bally Captain Fantastic and the dirt Brown Cowboy.

You know the kids would like those 3/4 size pins all in their own row

Quoted from Jared:

100% in for 2015.

Thanks for the warning. I guess we'll come anyway.

1 week later
    #67 10 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

New ruleset for Centaur??!?
    What are the changes?

Sorry, just saw this. Here are the rules for the custom Centaur roms:

if dip switch 25 = on and dip switch 26 = on freeplay is enable: decrease credits not lower then 01
    coin 3 works now same as coin 2, dip 17 - 20 has new meaning
    dip17 = off, flashing 50k and getting 50k for hitting orbs in sequence
    dip18 = on , erase bonus after one ball total
    dip19 = off, don't give power orb during multiball
    if orb targets are out of sequence laugh (but only if O was the first target you drop)
    Dual target hits for ORBS target enabled (we wait two flashes until we detect an out of sequence error...)... change speech:
    When (no multiball is running) or (multiball is running an dip 19 = on) and all ORBS dropped in sequence we say:
    "Sequence completed activate Power Orb"
    otherwise if all orbs are not dropped in sequence we say "energize power orb"
    If multiball is running and all ORBS are dropped in sequence (with dip19 = off) we say "Sequence completed activate Power Orb"
    if Multiball is running and all orbs are dropped not in sequence (withdip19 = off) we say "completed"

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Yes, loved the sub. Especially when the ball went into the kick out.

Oh man if you could only hear that in a home setting. Next year I hope to have that fixed so you can experience it at TPF even with all the other noise.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

dip18 = on , erase bonus after one ball total

Fascinating. So this new dip setting completely erases all bonus from ball to ball, including the "super bonus" levels at each increment of 20K?

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

Fascinating. So this new dip setting completely erases all bonus from ball to ball, including the "super bonus" levels at each increment of 20K?

I hope so. I haven't tried it yet.

#71 10 years ago

So what's the point of that...just to make sure someone doesn't eventually roll the game? I dunno about you guys, but even when I've had MONSTER games on centaur/centaur 2, I've never even gotten remotely close to rolling it. I guess the theory is that for it to be considered a good competitive game, the merits of each ball should be taken into account, and having the bonus roll over from ball to ball means if you have a ridiculous ball one and mediocre 2/3, then the other guy has good scores across the board but no monster ball to start with, he could still lose?

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

So what's the point of that...just to make sure someone doesn't eventually roll the game? I dunno about you guys, but even when I've had MONSTER games on centaur/centaur 2, I've never even gotten remotely close to rolling it. I guess the theory is that for it to be considered a good competitive game, the merits of each ball should be taken into account, and having the bonus roll over from ball to ball means if you have a ridiculous ball one and mediocre 2/3, then the other guy has good scores across the board but no monster ball to start with, he could still lose?

Bingo. Super bonus, while fun in solo / casual play, skew the value of ball 1. Granted, there are plenty of EM's that skew the value of ball 5 with auto-double-bonus, but at least with that, there are 4 other balls to offset a house ball on ball 5.

#73 10 years ago

Makes sense I guess. Still, there's something to be said for just having an awesome ball 1 and completely burying your opponent. Bats bonus on BSD is the same way, right? Carries over from ball to ball, IIRC.

#74 10 years ago

(Sorry for hijacking this thread to something unrelated to 2105 TPF)

You're right. I don't like the Bats/Rats carryover bonus either, especially because the value you end up getting is largely dependent on how lucky you get in the pops on the initial auto-plunge at beginning of Bats mode.
    So even if player 1 and 2 both skillfully shoot enough ramp loops to start Bats on Ball 1, 1 could have nearly 50M (x3) while 2 could get just 5M (x3).

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

I can confirm these dates will not conflict with Pinburgh. Best of luck to TPF. You have my support, and I hope to attend.

The best news possible. I'm looking forward to making TPF next year!

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

I can confirm these dates will not conflict with Pinburgh. Best of luck to TPF. You have my support, and I hope to attend.

#77 10 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

#78 10 years ago

Wow, sorry about the multiple posts - my browser sucks.

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ruger:

Quoted from Ruger:

Wow, sorry about the multiple posts - my browser sucks.

I thought you were just super excited.

Ken

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-2015-tpf-dates-location/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.