New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 86180)

Announce: 2015 TPF dates & location.

By Ed_in_Texas

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by EM-PINMAN
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Leesmall.JPG
    TPF_2007 044a.jpg
    Terminator-Ill-be-back-quote.jpg
    image-268.jpg

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

The 2015 Texas Pinball Festival will be March 27-29 at the Embassy Suites & Frisco Convention Center, Frisco, Texas.
    -Ed

image-268.jpg
    #2 6 years ago

Oh, OK. I guess I'll go.

#4 6 years ago

Great choice hotel and location was fantastic.

#5 6 years ago

I'm There!

It will be my 1st show and I will bring at least 1 EM.

Booking Hotel Now!

Ken

#6 6 years ago

Woot!

#7 6 years ago

Awesome. Loved that hotel. Good job keeping it there.

#8 6 years ago

I'm in! I like to plan far in advance. Thanks for posting.

#9 6 years ago

I'll be back

#10 6 years ago

Nicest pinball venue I've ever been to
    Fantastic show!

#11 6 years ago

Awesome news! You guys did such a great job this year. Ready to pre-register now!!

#12 6 years ago

Yeah, I'm in. It is a long way away, but it sound like it was a great show this year, so it sounds like it is worth the trip.

#13 6 years ago

Terminator-Ill-be-back-quote.jpg
    #14 6 years ago

I shall be there. Even though I live fairly close, I think I'll get a room next year to get some rest during the day... Looking forward to next March - Barry

#15 6 years ago

Thanks & congrats on getting the same venue! Let the countdown begin...

#16 6 years ago

In...

#17 6 years ago

So glad it is there again. Awesome venue. I'm in. I knew I should have joined the wild pitch reward program!

#18 6 years ago

Don't forget to create a pinside entry on the events page for next years event so people here can see who all is going.

#19 6 years ago

I'm hooked. I'll probably bring my Quicksilver again (with a reliable power switch this time) and try to bring a 2nd pin from that era.

#20 6 years ago

Aw man, American Airlines won't let me book that far out yet.

#21 6 years ago

Sign me up.

#22 6 years ago

I regretted missing this show this year, so I guess I'll be there next year.

#23 6 years ago

I'll be there. Made the last 6 years in a row, need to hit lucky 7. Great location Ed.

#24 6 years ago

I'm there with family in tow next year. My three sons and wife will dig it (and the shopping for her in Allen).

What was the room rate for that place that y'all got this year?

Edit* Will have to bring two vehicles though, just in case .

#25 6 years ago

$129 and there was no $10/night parking fee.

#26 6 years ago

Well, Decisions again....Do we need another classic stern row?. I guess we have about 360 days to figure that out.

Or...Bally Alley......Like....

Mystic, Viking, Frontier, EK, Paragon, Centaur, Fathom, Medusa, Embryon, Skateball, Mata Hari, Rolling Stones, EBD, Space Invaders, Nitro Groundshaker....

Maybe something like THAT!!!!

#27 6 years ago

My vote is switch them off each year. Bally Alley 2015, Stern Classic Row 2016...etc...

#28 6 years ago

I can confirm these dates will not conflict with Pinburgh. Best of luck to TPF. You have my support, and I hope to attend.

#29 6 years ago

And now I'm booked.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Well, Decisions again....Do we need another classic stern row?. I guess we have about 360 days to figure that out.
    Or...Bally Alley......Like....
    Mystic, Viking, Frontier, EK, Paragon, Centaur, Fathom, Medusa, Embryon, Skateball, Mata Hari, Rolling Stones, EBD, Space Invaders, Nitro Groundshaker....
    Maybe something like THAT!!!!

Classic Stern row is kinda the staple at this show. You can't NOT do it. Doesn't mean we can't do Stern row and Bally alley.

#31 6 years ago

TPF_2007 044a.jpg

#32 6 years ago

Leesmall.JPG

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Classic Stern row is kinda the staple at this show. You can't NOT do it. Doesn't mean we can't do Stern row and Bally alley.

I agree but from a practical standpoint it is the same guys bringing both sets of games and much harder to bring more games. I think they have to pick one or the other for that reason or mix both together which lessons the branding appeal.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree but from a practical standpoint it is the same guys bringing both sets of games and much harder to bring more games. I think they have to pick one or the other for that reason or mix both together which lessons the branding appeal.

Excellent point.

So I have decided that I will simply win a Mega-Millions (200+ million) lottery and then use my new found wealth to hire and train professional pinball movers & truck drivers to personally wrap, pack, ship & set up both Classic Stern Row and Bally Alley.

In addition, I will pay for an 11 day extension of the exhibition hall so that we can have an extended TPF Party.

7 Days & 7 Nights of Pinball!

I will then have my staff wrap, pack & ship the games back to the owners.

And while I am spending my imaginary wealth, I will also buy myself every Classic Bally, Stern & Williams in existence. Even Lazerlord.

Marcus

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

The 2015 Texas Pinball Festival will be March 27-29 at the Embassy Suites & Frisco Convention Center, Frisco, Texas.

Excellent decision and fast action.
    Already saved the date in my phone calendar.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

I'll probably bring my Quicksilver again (with a reliable power switch this time) and try to bring a 2nd pin from that era.

Thanks for bringing Quicksilver. I checked out the artwork on it, and played a couple games.
    What are the other pins you are considering which to bring as a 2nd pin for next year?

#37 6 years ago

My family and I loved the location this year and the show (3rd TPF in a row for me). We'll definitely be there in 2015.

Also acquired my first EM at the show this year.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

I can confirm these dates will not conflict with Pinburgh. Best of luck to TPF. You have my support, and I hope to attend.

Would love to see some Texas on the Roadshow

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Since next year will be my first time: I'd like to see a row of classic Stern games. Haven't played most titles, but the ones I did play I liked.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from gtown:

$129 and there was no $10/night parking fee.

we got charged for parking.

#42 6 years ago

Was it $10/day if u parked in the garage, and no charge for the outside perimeter parking spots?
    I parked outside, had no problems, and was not charged.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

we got charged for parking.

Parking in the parking garage was free for hotel guests and $5/day for non-hotel guests. Parking in the uncovered areas around the hotel were free for everyone. There was also an abundance of free parking at the mall across the street. If you were staying at the hotel and were charged to park in the parking garage, that was a mistake and you should have talked to the front desk.

#44 6 years ago

On my calendar!

#45 6 years ago

If there is a Bally Alley, I hope to have my completely restored Paragon ready to go by then I also hope to have a restored Big Brave.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Nicest pinball venue I've ever been to
    Fantastic show!

You obviously never attended Pinball Expo when it was held in the late '90's/ early '00's at the Ramada O'Hare. Especially if you had a "promenade" suite.

#47 6 years ago

Great news! Show was a great time for my family and me, as it has for the past three TPF's. Venue was definitely the best of the three we've taken part in. And the free breakfasts and happy hours were a VERY nice benefit.

For anyone who's never been, you should add this to your calendar and start planning/saving now to be there!

Ed, If there's any possibility -- now that the hotel has seen how many hotel guests that TPF brought to their door -- to negotiate in free WiFi for the ballroom for attendee use, and also for tourney use, that would be fantastic!
    -- Although I'm guessing Marcus has already asked you for this.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Parking in the parking garage was free for hotel guests and $5/day for non-hotel guests. Parking in the uncovered areas around the hotel were free for everyone. There was also an abundance of free parking at the mall across the street. If you were staying at the hotel and were charged to park in the parking garage, that was a mistake and you should have talked to the front desk.

I didn't park in the uncovered areas around the hotel because of all the scary signage that gave me the impression
    non hotel guests were not permitted to park there

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

-Ed

Good job Ed!

image-268.jpg 37 KB

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

that was a mistake and you should have talked to the front desk.

They told me to drop off the key in the slot when we left, I'll give them a call to get it figured out. I'm sure we will work it out. Thanks for letting me know Ed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Protection
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Electronics
    TheDudeMods
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Mods
    $ 85.00
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 72.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside