(Topic ID: 221896)

ANNC: ColorDMD Game 79 is SlugFest! - VIDEO PREVIEW ADDED!

By Dmod

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MadMaxDad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180805_091727 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180804_142505 (resized).jpg
SLUGFST_Title (resized).PNG
SLUGFST_Title (resized).PNG

#1 5 years ago

ColorDMD is excited to announce support for our 79th game! SlugFest, has been colorized by Jeff Collins, who previously contributed colorizations for Rocky and Bullwinkle and Pirates of the Caribbean!

SlugFest is targeted for release on Friday, August 3!

Link to Full Game Announcement and Preview: https://mailchi.mp/5585a8c72258/colordmd-game-79-is-slugfest-2676201
SLUGFST_Title (resized).PNGSLUGFST_Title (resized).PNG

#2 5 years ago

I had no idea Slugfest was a 1 shade game... very nicely done in lieu of that!

#3 5 years ago

Sweet. I was not expecting this one this soon. Time to get my game repaired and ready for color.

#4 5 years ago

SLUGFEST VIDEO PREVIEW!

SlugFest, colored by Jeff Collins is the 79th title to receive support from the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform! SlugFest uses the ColorDMD LED display which contains 128x32 discrete RGB LEDs and is similar in size to the original factory display. Displays are shipping now from our store site and through our distributors. The color ROM for SlugFest is targeted for release on Friday, August 3!

#5 5 years ago

Nicely done....I have my colordmd sitting next to my slugfest waiting for the firmware

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nicely done....I have my colordmd sitting next to my slugfest waiting for the firmware

Thanks! Get it installed - it takes a little longer than most. That way you'll be ready to upload the ROM
Install instructions from the ColorDMD site...
https://www.colordmd.com/installation/slugfest_installation_rev1.pdf

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

SLUGFEST VIDEO PREVIEW!
SlugFest, colored by Jeff Collins is the 79th title to receive support from the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform! SlugFest uses the ColorDMD LED display which contains 128x32 discrete RGB LEDs and is similar in size to the original factory display. Displays are shipping now from our store site and through our distributors. The color ROM for SlugFest is targeted for release on Friday, August 3!

That looks soooooo good! I can't wait to get one!!! Thanks for making the Heckler a ginger lol!

#8 5 years ago

That frame rate is super nice!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Thanks! Get it installed - it takes a little longer than most. That way you'll be ready to upload the ROM
Install instructions from the ColorDMD site...
https://www.colordmd.com/installation/slugfest_installation_rev1.pdf

Installation done...the only caveat to your detailed instructions was that I removed the glass in front of the dmd from the bottom thus not having to remove the head. Like you said its a little more detailed than most, but your instructions were very helpful.

#10 5 years ago

SLUGFEST COLOR ROM RELEASED!

The color ROM for SlugFest has been released and is now available for download from our firmware SUPPORT page! Thanks and congratulations to Jeff Collins for his third completed title, as well as for developing and contributing the installation instructions for this game!

Displays are shipping now from our website and through our distributors!

SLUGFST_Title (resized).PNGSLUGFST_Title (resized).PNG
#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

SLUGFEST COLOR ROM RELEASED!
The color ROM for SlugFest has been released and is now available for download from our firmware SUPPORT page! Thanks and congratulations to Jeff Collins for his third completed title, as well as for developing and contributing the installation instructions for this game!
Displays are shipping now from our website and through our distributors![quoted image]

I just went to the website to download and didnt see the ROM....still says "coming soon"...my bad found it

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I just went to the website to download and didnt see the ROM....still says "coming soon"

Did they just now upload it? It's there

#13 5 years ago

Just installed...looks great

#14 5 years ago

FWIW - We did not remove the upper head to do our install. We removed the glass, and all the front trim.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

FWIW - We did not remove the upper head to do our install. We removed the glass, and all the front trim.

Thats exactly how I did the install....

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

Thanks for the update on installation - I haven't put mine back together yet. Once it is, I'll do it your way and update the install.pdf to save people a lot of work. Thanks again for sharing !

#17 5 years ago

If you want to make the install go a lot easier, you need to supply a longer ribbon cable. To make my installation, with the supplied ribbon cable, I had to drill a hole in the backpanel so I could attach the cable to the control card.

Robert

IMG_20180804_142505 (resized).jpgIMG_20180804_142505 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180805_091727 (resized).jpgIMG_20180805_091727 (resized).jpg

#18 5 years ago

Would a 6" ribbon cable solve the issue with mounting, or does it need to be longer than that?

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Would a 6" ribbon cable solve the issue with mounting, or does it need to be longer than that?

6" would be an improvement, but 8-12" would be ideal....

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

A 6 inch would match up with the power cable, so no shorter than that.

Robert

#21 5 years ago

I'm not saying there was any extra cable - but I got mine connected using the existing hole in the backboard.
But for sure a little more cable would make it an easier install.

IMG_0345 (resized).jpgIMG_0345 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/annc-colordmd-game-79-is-slugfest?hl=duvall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.