(Topic ID: 90903)

ANN: MMR assembly to be done by Stern Pinball for PPS/Chicago Gaming!

By PPS

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0470147040.jpg
IBM_PC_5150-300x216.jpg
Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
mind-explosion_c_432504.jpg
hDD629F33.jpg
nicethings.jpg
tumblr_m3dioaWAoe1qzyaito1_500.gif
Battle Royale 4.jpg
comic-con-bear-wonder-woman-360x480.jpg
NFBRRiI.gif
spit-take.gif
tumblr_lorp22WZcv1qmjfl3o2_500.gif
pic_006.jpg
images.jpg
image-743.jpg
205347-cebit-brain-powered-pinball.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#297 9 years ago

I'm very excited about this news it means I will have my pin in a timely manner. Great move by PPS IMO especially if they knew there was no way to deliver pins on the predicted timeline unless something like this happened. I know there are plenty of haters out for every maker of pins now days but fact is there is probably no set up in the world that can crank out Pins as effectively and efficiently as Stern. Good decision by all parties IMO it's a win win for buyers I'm stoked!

#420 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I disagree with this one. I think the MM made by Stern will be enough different than the MM made by WMS that the WMS one will eventually be worth more. Especially a high end restoration by a big name like HEP or Keller or McCune or Kelley. Maybe something like Stern MM +$2,000 = WMS MM. Not saying that will be the formula, just that there might be one down the road. All depends on perceived value and what we pinheads are willing to shell out. But I also think WMS MM has already dropped all it is going to drop.

Well guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I know traditionalists will say this sort of thing and I can understand that but there is a flip side to that coin.

Some of us will actually prefer a Remake that has upgrades that include color capable LCD screens, shaker integration through driver board based on various outputs, superior factory sound due to them using uncompressed audio, updated (affordable to replaceable) hardware, native LED support which included three in each insert to cover any rogue LEDs which are all rated at 50K hours, updatability (for things like color LCD integration), adjustable coil/flipper strength, opportunity for technical support direct from manufacturer, trim options, and the machine not being used for 20 plus years but being brand spanking new. To name a few things. I know it's just like my opinion man but I would not pay $8K plus for a 20 year old machine but would for a new one. To each their own as always.

#537 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

) it's way early to make any assumptions on their awesomeness...

Definitely not to early for people with money on the line. When you are buying something like this you kind of do need to make a judgement call based on the info available at the time. After hearing that the prototypes are playing well, the news that the Stern factory will be building them, and given the dedication PPS has shown with this project to this point I'm betting (with my own money) that it will be awesome and in many areas be better than a 20 year old pin. I think many LE buyers are in the same boat.

If it is way too early to make assumptions why have you filled many MMR threads with theories on what you think could go wrong? It's not like it's once or twice you go on and on about it. To me based on your posts you think it is prime time to make assumptions on the project. Almost every time I open up a MMR thread it is you with the same assumptions/possible worst case scenarios beating a dead horse like a drum.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-mmr-assembly-to-be-done-by-stern-pinball-for-ppschicago-gaming?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.