(Topic ID: 90903)

ANN: MMR assembly to be done by Stern Pinball for PPS/Chicago Gaming!

By PPS

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0470147040.jpg
IBM_PC_5150-300x216.jpg
Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
mind-explosion_c_432504.jpg
hDD629F33.jpg
nicethings.jpg
tumblr_m3dioaWAoe1qzyaito1_500.gif
Battle Royale 4.jpg
comic-con-bear-wonder-woman-360x480.jpg
NFBRRiI.gif
spit-take.gif
tumblr_lorp22WZcv1qmjfl3o2_500.gif
pic_006.jpg
images.jpg
image-743.jpg
205347-cebit-brain-powered-pinball.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 9 years ago

Holy shit!

#15 9 years ago

The irony here is hilarious

#21 9 years ago

This is an Epic Announcement.

Great move by PPS

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

So Gary always says his favorite machine is the one that is currently on the assembly line, so does this mean that at some point Gary's favorite machine will NOT be a stern machine?

If Stern makes it is it a Stern??

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I guess MMR won't be putting Stern out of business after all.

It's a smart move on Sterns part just as much as it is on PPS' part.

They've got a symbiotic thing going on now.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

I think the real winners may be the original MM owners, actually.
But yeah, this was sort of inevitable, I suppose. I don't mean to bust up the Love Fest, but did the people who pre-ordered MMR's all those months ago have "Built by Stern" in mind when they put down their money?
Anyway, more pinball machines built is good for everyone, so hopefully this all goes well and everyone is happy!

No they probably didn't have that in mind. I bet this came as a great surprise to almost all of them. A very good surprise.

Stern is a known quantity. Whoever else was going to put these together was a big unknown.

Personally speaking I would be much more likely to buy one now than I was before this announcement

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

WOZ has just as many issues, you just don't hear about it because the owners hide them all in the JJP forums which are private, because they're afraid of getting mocked and abused here. Which is lame on both sides frankly.
Repeated LED board breakings, power supply issues, clear coat chipping, pop bumpers creating metal shards that wear the playfield to the bare wood if you don't deal with it, monkey magnets, castle ball guides, slippers falling off, blah blah.
It's pinball, shit happens. I'm not dumping on WOZ, I'm simply saying that things aren't perfect. There's no magic in the JJP factory. Just like they weren't perfect on the original WMS built MM. If you're not willing to fix and adjust some things out of the box then don't buy NIB, get a dialed in HUO machine where someone else did it for you.
You know what WOZ has over most Sterns? Higher BOM. It's the parts that determine a good portion of the quality, not who put them together. Rick is still in charge of that part.

Quoted for too much truth.

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

lol, I know. It's the same people doing it too. Over and over again for months on end.

Just like your canned WOZ responses?

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Exactly! I think what Rick/PPS did with MMr was genius so pls don't take my posts about this as negative. Just think people need to stop saying BBBrr for $8K, AFMr for $8K, MBr for $8K. We have no idea what is next and what they will retail for.

I seriously doubt that if a title like MB is remade that it will sell for less than $8k. If pins like WOZ and STLE sell for close to that mark, as did MMr, I see no reason that MBr would sell for less.

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i can see a time very soon where 8k pins will be really difficult for the manufacturers to sell, regardless on the title. either the builders adjust prices lower to sell more units or have very shallow sales in the future. mustang le might just be the canary in the coal mine...
nothing wrong with companies making as much money as possible but sustainability going forward on the 8k gravy train might be a short lived phenomena.

I completely agree with what you are saying (except that Mustang LE is of very little significance here because of it being a theme that few pinheads wanted, so the price of the LE on that title is irrelevant), but my comments were specific to a MB remake.

But you knew that. So...I agree!

#376 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Are you for real dude? The base issue with the hunger games is that it is about children killing children. Not "powerful female characters". So, in your Hunger Games pin, how many little kids have to die at the hands of other children before you get to the wizard mode? And what happens then? Do the lighted shots stand for eating them at that point? Can't wait to see your alternate translite.

#492 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I get a thumbs down for saying I won't take $7k for my machine? Don't understand that ...

Consider the source!!

Seriously...especially in this case...CONSIDER THE SOURCE!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 9.95
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-mmr-assembly-to-be-done-by-stern-pinball-for-ppschicago-gaming?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.