(Topic ID: 90903)

ANN: MMR assembly to be done by Stern Pinball for PPS/Chicago Gaming!

By PPS

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0470147040.jpg
IBM_PC_5150-300x216.jpg
Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
mind-explosion_c_432504.jpg
hDD629F33.jpg
nicethings.jpg
tumblr_m3dioaWAoe1qzyaito1_500.gif
Battle Royale 4.jpg
comic-con-bear-wonder-woman-360x480.jpg
NFBRRiI.gif
spit-take.gif
tumblr_lorp22WZcv1qmjfl3o2_500.gif
pic_006.jpg
images.jpg
image-743.jpg
205347-cebit-brain-powered-pinball.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hondanut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Actually when I put down my 1k deposit with JJP I thought JJp might be building it.
Bigger question is did JJP think he would be selling Stern pinballs again lol.

Quoted from mechslave:

I think the real winners may be the original MM owners, actually.
But yeah, this was sort of inevitable, I suppose. I don't mean to bust up the Love Fest, but did the people who pre-ordered MMR's all those months ago have "Built by Stern" in mind when they put down their money?
Anyway, more pinball machines built is good for everyone, so hopefully this all goes well and everyone is happy!

Actually I think your wrong I am an owner of an original MM and I think it's probably worth less now that , the people who ordered a new just might get there's on time, including me. So if your gonna speculate "mechslave" you should first get off the sidelines and join in.

#227 9 years ago

This is the best news I've heard in a long time,Rick you are a genius! I think I might get my MM14 before my WOZ arrives?

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Anyone buying a MMr for collectability was going down the wrong road. No matter where it's made.
Yes collectors quality originals will always appeal to collectors. MMr and other remakes are for folks that want it to play . And yes pay to play new and it will cost ya. Nib going up days are about done.

Hey genius can you tell me the winning lottery numbers .

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from Decat:

Great news for everyone in Pinball! Smart business move as well. You have the most experienced pinball assemblers available today using the highest quality pinball parts made to assemble one of the best pinball machines of all time all in a reasonable time frame..... How could anyone see this as a bad thing?

I totally agree

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

TeeKee is being awfully quiet.

That's hilarious! I think he's been banned from here

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

TeeKee is being awfully quiet.

That's hilarious! I think he got banned?

#414 9 years ago

What I've been noticing are the people who have an original MM,obviously are against the new one because they have lost a lot of value on there game,and will lose even more when this game is released and now that a major pin manufactor is helping assemble with better parts and more feature the price of an original will drop even more, I understand that. But the people who don't have any A-list games and don't have any money to purchase a new and improved MM why do they have to try to sway people not to buy this? I just don't get it?

#416 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Haters are gonna hate... and the Internet is full of haters ... that simple.

You have a good point there!

#428 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Speculators and collectors will always be more interested in the originals, players not so much.

You are totally wrong,I myself am a collector and that's why I'm in on purchasing the new and improved MM, as for all the talk about the original value decreasing, of corse it already has the day of the announcement by PPS last OCT. people started dumping there originals. And they will when it finally gets out in public, in bars and collectors basements.When collectors compared to there old junky routed originals, the price of MMR will surpass the original, now as for the restored ones that's a whole different situation?
It's simple supply and demand when the supply increases and the demand for the old product decreases the bubble burst's! I feel sorry for all the people who payed huge sums of mine for an original and try to re-sell it and discover that the price and demand has dropped so much.

#469 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have one of those "mythical" machines. Bought it NIB in 1997 and have had it HUO ever since. For a variety of reasons, it's very low play (less than 1500).
There may not be many of them left, but I can't be the only person that bought MM NIB and still has it.

Will you take $7,000 for it?

#480 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I think MM will be the poors' man MMR real soon.

EXACTLY!

#485 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

This is the truth; barring unexpected electronics issue(s) (a la WoZ) where is the downside of MMR vs MM?
- 15+ years newer, has not been routed for tens of thousands of plays
- better sound
- easier to adjust lighting options, no need to worry about having to change bulbs "ever"
- its comes as a LE (if that somehow matters...)
Possible:
- better shaker support
- colorized display
- improved clearcoat?
I know I am missing some other stuff... but to me these are the big things that would matter in my purchase decision.
Where is the downside of MMR vs MM that would make it less functional than a comparable MM, assuming the game performs as expected.

You are 100% right,also the MMR will have adjustable flipper strength , a plywood cabinet bottom, better sound(uncompressed original files),leg protectors,invisible glass, oh and a 1 yr warranty I think this is a no brainier.

#526 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Let me put forth another scenario and see how it lines up what has been shown. The games show up in Texas as promised and I will be the first to admit, seeing all those brand new shiny ramps and playfield parts it looks really nice. Job well done. But then we get our first negative report, there is a bad electrical circuit, they have confirmed this with testing the outlet, we are verbally assured this is the problem. Why does everyone automatically accept this as fact? Why wasn't the game just moved to another electrical outlet, did the presenters not bring a longer extension cord to plug it into another outlet/circuit?
So let's just follow my conspiracy track a little further. Everyone is excited about the announcement 3 weeks later that now the flipper strength is adjustable. Really? Why did they spend time engineering an adjustment in software for something that happened at that one show? Isn't it at least possible that they were scrambling to fix a real problem with the game that didn't demonstrate until it had a lot of continuous play? If the game makes another public appearance with weak flippers even the fans are going to be scratching their heads and it would be a marketing disaster. PAGG cancellation anyone?
I could be wrong, but if I'm right expect continued show cancellations. I honestly hope I'm wrong, or else that the problems found can be fixed in a short time frame without a redesign of any of the hardware as I'm guessing that would be an unacceptable delay. Personally I would like to see Rick in business for a long while and able to remake a lot of titles than rush to market with problems and be a "one and out" business.

Yup your wrong ,I played the game in Texas it played great,although it was quite a bit faster than my original and had a lot stronger flippers than mine?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hondanut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-mmr-assembly-to-be-done-by-stern-pinball-for-ppschicago-gaming?tu=Hondanut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.