stopit.jpg
image-711.jpg
whiny.jpg
842619483A38969DAF36D5D52113.jpg
DSC08822.JPG
MM-LE+Bust.jpg
r0awzt.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I think the sales pace proved the price is right. keeping it the same for the Non Le makes sense. They are adjusting to what we are doing. So no matter what they will get grief.
I bought an LE. As an LE buyer let me say PLEASE DO THE SAME CLEAR COAT ON ALL VERSIONS.
This should not be feature issue but a standard of quality.
As an LE buyer I don't care and I want everyone to have the best game. I got my plaque and shaker and can go home now but don't mess up on this clear coat thing. PLEASE : )

I think many as seen here think the price is wrong. Which to me means they are leaving money on the table by not pricing the standard just a little lower. It's simple, price a little lower and sell to the people that wouldn't otherwise buy because of the bad taste in their mouths from making the standard the same price. Or they can keep it the same price and lose those potential customers. Not everyone here just throws away money and thinks Ahh hell what's another $250. Believe it or not $250 is the difference between me buying one and not.

r0awzt.jpgr0awzt.jpg

#151 10 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Yeah, who would pay $8k for a shitty NIB MM remake? PPS are such scandalous thieves...

You would have to agree that running the LE and Standard at the same price with less features in less than a day is bad form? If it wasn't everyone would be holding hands around the camp fire singing kumbaya and sharing stories of when their MM is gonna be shipped. The fact is once they stop making anything it's limited edition. Get rid of the Stern business model, calling a machine le gets people up in a panic that they won't own a machine and is greed produced by Stern. For a game like MM there is no need to generate that panic, they will sell... No need for an LE, build them till there is no interest. Doing things like creating two different models at the same price is gonna hurt their sales.

#160 10 years ago

I don't believe there was ever any intention of having two models. I think the original (and only intended) limited edition machines were intended to be it. But it blew up so they are trying to accommodate those that missed the boat on the original offering.
Why is everyone getting their panties in a twist? If you don't like what they are offering for the price they are offering it for then just pass on it. Simple. It's barely been 24 hours since we learned we are going to be given the opportunity to buy NIB MM's again and people are already losing their sh!t about how PPS is in bad form? Be happy that they are offering it at all...

This is hardly "losing my shit"

I'm just making an assessment of the situation. I was all set to pull the trigger on the standard model till I realized it's the same price with less clearcoat. Why these companies can't just make one model is beyond me? Oh and catering to the masses would be putting out a statement that said due to the overwhelming response to MM we decided to extend the amount of preorders till interest has died down and only make the standard model.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

This is hardly "losing my shit"
I'm just making an assessment of the situation. I was all set to pull the trigger on the standard model till I realized it's the same price with less clearcoat. Why these companies can't just make one model is beyond me? Oh and catering to the masses would be putting out a statement that said due to the overwhelming response to MM we decided to extend the amount of preorders till interest has died down and only make the standard model.

Oh and one more thing, why do I have to be happy that they are making it at all? They should be happy they have customers willing to pay 8k for a pinball machine that was released 16 years ago. Don't think they are making these to make people happy if that were the case they would sell them for next to nothing, the bottom line is money. I just want to be able to by a pinball machine that's the same as everyone bought without having to make an impulsive money decision. Do I want a MM? Absolutely? Do I want to have features taken away but pay the same price within a 24 hour period? No I don't. So I think you see my delimma.

#172 10 years ago

To set the record straight, and I should have been more clear so I apologize, but I was referring to the majority of forum discussion since the announcement.
I certainly didn't intend for it to be a personal attack so if it cam across that way I am truly sorry. Just a commentary on the general reaction as a whole.

No offense taken. It's a hot topic that we are both giving our feelings on.

#179 10 years ago

If there were no standards being offered then people would complain about the fact that the LE's sold out to quick, and it wasn't fair, and they had to walk to school in the snow with no shoes uphill both ways.
There's simply no pleasing everyone.

I had to do that...

It is a delimma for me, I'm not saying you have to respond to it. I was on the fence about paying 8k so I thought well, I'll get I in on the standard it'll be a little cheaper with a couple things taken out of it. Here's the standard at the same price? Wtf?

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

They should no longer pull this LE crap. Just make unlimited Standards with a few different options... problem solved. The LE thing with WoZ and now MM is more of a scam than anything else.

This is exactly what I think. It's a scam to generate fear that it won't be available tomorrow.

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

the only people confused or upset are those in the hobby for their own profit, not love of good pinball. so easy to ignore them.

I haven't made a penny off of pinball. Not sure who this post was directed at.

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

in your shoes i seriously wouldn't buy just on principle. if i decide to get out and you still give a shit about the game i will sell you my spot at cost.

Ok Vex if that happens let me know. I appreciate the response.

#192 10 years ago

As a company would you rather sell 1000- pins at $10000 or 2000+ pins at $8000. It's simple math. It's not underpriced. You don't wanna price potential buyers out by hitting the ceiling price on a game.

#195 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Huh, 8k compared to the old market is a great price. They did not know they would sell 1000. So they went to plan B. At 8k its still an MM nib.
Why be mad that they are doing this that makes no sense. There is no reason to sell them cheaper and either version is a game changer. Beside theres not really and difference.

Well besides the clearcoat, and plaque and legs and siderails and being made a half a year earlier. Other than that they are the same.

#197 10 years ago

Don't forget the shaker motor

Oh yeah.. And the shaker lol

#231 10 years ago

I brought this point up yesterday. How is it a good deal when these guys are just manufacturing a previously released pin? They don't have to pay anyone to do art, code or invent parts. The hard work is done they just build it and sell it. It's apples and oranges compared to Stern. Stern have to build from the ground up and charge less. (And no I'm not letting Stern off the hook for unfinished code) Also comparing the price on the private owner market is pointless, I don't blame PPS for making money but there is no way their overhead will be as much as Stern's. You'd also think the more they sell the better deal they could give but they just dropped it on everyone like a bombshell instead of doing the research and finding out how many people would be interested. If they got a list of people before they could have come up with a price point to have a lot more than a 1000 sold but also cashed in 2 to 3 times the amount of what they are gonna make now.

#237 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

That depends on how much they cost to make.

Well most mass produced products are at a discounted price when more are ordered. So making 2000 playfields parts, and cabs is cheaper than only making 1000. Usually but who knows the contracts they have made with manufacturers.

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You are confusing two different concepts: a good deal vs. profit margin.
The first one (good deal) is from the buyers standpoint. Profit margin is from the sellers standpoint.
It doesn't matter to you, the buyer, how much profit the seller is making. That is irrelevant to you.
How is it a good deal? Because you are getting a *new* MM for thousands less than what a routed one normally sells for. That's how. PPI's profit margin doesn't change that in any way. If they make $100 profit or $5000.00 profit on each one of them, it has no bearing on whether it's a good deal in today's market.

I'm not confusing the two. I'm questioning how any customer that is in on the preorder can seriously look at this as a good deal. I believe it's about right on price. A good deal? Not so much. I'm all for a company making a profit but it shouldn't be confused that they are hooking us up when I would bet they are pulling in more than Stern on a single pin sale which is fine but not a great deal by any means. It's not like they are doing this for very little profit like the Skit-B guys.

This was a comment listening to people go on about how great of a deal 8k for a pin is.

#246 10 years ago

I don't think Andy Dufraine would approve of spending 8k on MMR. He was a smart banker after all.

#247 10 years ago

Sell me a BBB for 8k and I will sing praises of the amazing deal you gave me until my dying breath.

How many BBB are in existence? Not even comparable

#251 10 years ago

I see we won't be injecting any obvious ribbing/joking/humor into this discussion. My bad. Carry on...

Sorry, it went over my head. Nothing to see here people... Move along!

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

This is PRECISELY the time when we should give feedback...we're so far out from these things shipping there's a chance they might change their minds and do clearcoat on the standard. It would be foolish to just shut up and walk away if there's a chance that a better product can be produced if enough people pipe up.

+10

#260 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I think LE's should have the extra clear coat. That's what we pay for. You want more clear, buy an LE.

If they release more we will.

#333 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Surely you are correct. Anyone who wanted a really nice MM could have gotten a decent used but restored one for $15,000 or so two weeks ago. PPS is really screwing buyers in this deal......

Good job taking my post out of context. I never said they were screwing anyone as a matter of fact I said the 8k was right on point, just not a smoking deal.

#335 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ironic post.
You say that you aren't confusing the two concepts...then you immediately proceed to confuse the two concepts (by saying that PP is making more profit than the Skit-B guys etc.).

Not really ironic. I'm sorry I can't get my point through. It doesn't matter this whole thing is exhausting.

#493 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

The irony, of course, is that there might be far fewer Standard Edition MMRs made than LEs. We'll see.

That's probably true but wouldn't be the case if they dropped the price about $250-500.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-medieval-madness-remake-standard-edition?tu=kcpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.