stopit.jpg
image-711.jpg
whiny.jpg
842619483A38969DAF36D5D52113.jpg
DSC08822.JPG
MM-LE+Bust.jpg
r0awzt.jpg
image.jpg
There are 572 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

I see we won't be injecting any obvious ribbing/joking/humor into this discussion. My bad. Carry on...

Sorry, it went over my head. Nothing to see here people... Move along!

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

this is not right, you can't ask the same price for less.

Stern does it with each new model and everyone still buys them up like hotcakes.

#253 10 years ago

Are watermelons a good deal

#254 10 years ago

Why is everyone getting their panties in a twist? If you don't like what they are offering for the price they are offering it for then just pass on it. Simple.

This is PRECISELY the time when we should give feedback...we're so far out from these things shipping there's a chance they might change their minds and do clearcoat on the standard. It would be foolish to just shut up and walk away if there's a chance that a better product can be produced if enough people pipe up.

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

This is PRECISELY the time when we should give feedback...we're so far out from these things shipping there's a chance they might change their minds and do clearcoat on the standard. It would be foolish to just shut up and walk away if there's a chance that a better product can be produced if enough people pipe up.

+10

#256 10 years ago

I think the standard is a good idea, but as many others have said make it the same quality as the LE, minus the shaker motor and gold trim, I'm ok with the same price, you are not going to find another MM in the same condition as a NIB game for 8K, well as of 2 days ago, who knows what this unlimited supply of new production games will do.

#257 10 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

I'm not suggesting that people not voice their opinions. I'm one of the first one's to say that PPS has an ear open to the community. But bitch-slapping the people that just released a LONG awaited remake, that most thought would never materialize, by calling them stupid, greedy, etc. is hardly the way to initiate change.

For the record, I am in for an LE and I happen to completely agree that the standards should absolutely have the same clearcoat treatment as the LE's. But there are much more productive ways of voicing those issues/concerns to PPS than having internet forum tantrums.

Again, just my opinion.

#258 10 years ago

I'm not suggesting that people not voice their opinions. I'm one of the first one's to say that PPS has an ear open to the community. But bitch-slapping the people that just released a LONG awaited remake, that most thought would never materialize, by calling them stupid, greedy, etc. is hardly the way to initiate change.
For the record, I am in for an LE and I happen to completely agree that the standards should absolutely have the same clearcoat treatment as the LE's. But there are much more productive ways of voicing those issues/concerns to PPS than having internet forum tantrums.
Again, just my opinion.

they do read and listen, they would be morons not to.

#259 10 years ago

I think LE's should have the extra clear coat. That's what we pay for. You want more clear, buy an LE.

#260 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I think LE's should have the extra clear coat. That's what we pay for. You want more clear, buy an LE.

If they release more we will.

#261 10 years ago

ATTN: If you are charging the SAME price for a standard, at least have the same clearcoat! Otherwise it comes off as a gouge. I am glad I got the LE (going with stainless trim) though...but don't "stick it" to those not lucky enough to be on the Internet those first few hours!

#262 10 years ago

I ordered an LE from pinballsales. I don't know if I will get one or not. I have an order number but that doesn't mean anything. I guess I will have to wait for confirmation to see if I am. If I'm not, I don't guess I will get the standard. I was on the fence whether or not to buy the LE. So I guess I will let them make up my mind.

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

they do read and listen, they would be morons not to.

Exactly. That's my point.

But if you are buying a new car and want them to throw in a satellite radio subscription to close the deal, which would be most likely to get you the most favorable results?

a) "I am paying a little more for this vehicle than I was planning to, but if you'd throw in this subscription I think I could be persuaded to commit."

-or-

b) "I'm paying a lot of cabbage for these wheels, bitch! If you had any sense you'd offer me something more! Because F&$% YOU, that's why!"

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

ATTN: If you are charging the SAME price for a standard, at least have the same clearcoat! Otherwise it comes off as a gouge. I am glad I got the LE (going with stainless trim) though...but don't "stick it" to those not lucky enough to be on the Internet those first few hours!

I don't think it was that the people complaining weren't on the computer, I can almost guarantee they were. They were sitting on the fence trying to decide, they waited too long and the one's that didn't hesitate got an LE.

#265 10 years ago

Um...I don't understand the "That's what we pay for" comment when you are paying the exact, to the penny, same amount.

#266 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Um...I don't understand the "That's what we pay for" comment when you are paying the exactly, to the penny, the same amount.

In this case that is correct. But it was a reward for getting in early and not hesitating due to price. But in the case of Sterns you pay for the clear. I still have STLE on my mind.

#267 10 years ago

I didn't hesitate I ordered as soon as I herd about it. But it's not going to change my life if I get 1 or not.

#268 10 years ago
Quoted from Kyflipper:

I didn't hesitate I ordered as soon as I herd about it. But it's not going to change my life if I get 1 or not.

I was lucky and the Canadian distributor up here bought a ton so I got mine long after they were sold out in the States. I still think they have some up here.

#269 10 years ago

In this case that is correct. But it was a reward for getting in early and not hesitating due to price. But in the case of Sterns you pay for the clear.

You do realize "early" is maybe minutes apart and PPS is telling people not to divulge their invoice numbers as it seems they need to figure out who is early and who isn't.

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

You do realize "early" is maybe minutes apart and PPS is telling people not to divulge their invoice numbers as it seems they need to figure out who is early and who isn't.

Good point. I have mine for sure that's all I know.

#271 10 years ago

I was lucky and the Canadian distributor up here bought a ton so I got mine long after they were sold out in the States. I still think they have some up here.

Eassssy... I've spoken with them several times in the last couple of days and I think saying that they bought a ton of them may be a bit out of order.

#272 10 years ago

People have gone crazy.

#273 10 years ago

Good point. I have mine for sure that's all I know.

Great. I was saying a prayer for you.

#274 10 years ago

Eassssy... I've spoken with them several times in the last couple of days and I think saying that they bought a ton of them may be a bit out of order.

Well I know exactly how many they bought and to me IMO it is a ton. Maybe to some it isn't a ton, all I know is I'm glad I got one. I always wanted a MM.

#275 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Great. I was saying a prayer for you.

Why thank you.

#276 10 years ago

Well I know exactly how many they bought and to me IMO it is a ton. Maybe to some it isn't a ton, all I know is I'm glad I got one. I always wanted a MM.

Keep in mind that they have several Canadian distributors to supply as well.

And, beyond that, until the machines are in their warehouse I wouldn't be betting the house on anything. Lots of crazy delivery cuts have happened in recent history. For me it's a little premature to feel like I'm guaranteed my order until the balance due is paid. That's just me though.

#277 10 years ago

Keep in mind that they have several Canadian distributors to supply as well.
And, beyond that, until the machines are in their warehouse I wouldn't be betting the house on anything. Lots of crazy delivery cuts have happened in recent history. For me it's a little premature to feel like I'm guaranteed my order. That's just me though.

No don't jinx it.

#278 10 years ago

plenty more will roll off the lines.

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

People have gone crazy.

Don't you mean crazier

#280 10 years ago

Don't jinx QuarterGrabber Triumvirat73. He deserves his extra clear coat and did not hesitate!

#281 10 years ago

These pins will be made in america right ?

Just want to make sure they don't hire India subcontractors to cut on the production fees. Never heard of that company before yesterday. My bad, not a hater, no trolling intended.

#282 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

plenty more will roll off the lines.

But he paid for the extra clear and deserves it because he was an early adopter...well maybe an early adopter. That shoe will drop later.

I don't have an order, no horse in the race, but I would like to see everybody that orders one get one with the same build quality. Trim, shaker motor, plaque are not important, and have nothing to do with build quality, but clearcoat does.

Sorry, but the selfish attitude is off putting.

#283 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Just want to make sure they don't hire India subcontractors to cut on the production fees

Damn dude. Whats up with that ? Just ate some wicked good Chicken Masala.

#284 10 years ago
Quoted from MedievalMike:

Don't jinx QuarterGrabber Triumvirat73. He deserves his extra clear coat and did not hesitate!

Exactly what I'm saying. I waited and was on the fence too, but luckily Canadian distributors had some left after my long hesitation so I got one. Er, um, I mean I was in there with my order within the first ten minutes. You guys waited too long. (joke)

#285 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

orry, but the selfish attitude is off putting.

selfish? I am saying there are plenty and don't stress. I bet they go good on the clear coat across the board.

#286 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I'm not confusing the two. I'm questioning how any customer that is in on the preorder can seriously look at this as a good deal. I believe it's about right on price. A good deal? Not so much. I'm all for a company making a profit but it shouldn't be confused that they are hooking us up when I would bet they are pulling in more than Stern on a single pin sale which is fine but not a great deal by any means. It's not like they are doing this for very little profit like the Skit-B guys.
This was a comment listening to people go on about how great of a deal 8k for a pin is.

Surely you are correct. Anyone who wanted a really nice MM could have gotten a decent used but restored one for $15,000 or so two weeks ago. PPS is really screwing buyers in this deal......

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Damn dude. Whats up with that ? Just ate some wicked good Chicken Masala.

Yeah you are right, really went overboard and that was indeed trolling

Means that's it for tonight, all these MMR threads are getting to me. Someone bring back that Apron of Destiny.

#288 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Don't you mean crazier

You could say that. But before it seemed like a slow boil of insanity. Now we're on the bullet train to crazytown.

#289 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

selfish? I am saying there are plenty and don't stress. I bet they go good on the clear coat across the board.

Not you, you are not being selfish- it was pointed at Quartergrabber. He can't have a standard because it has sub-par clearcoat. I only quoted you because you responded to him by saying they are making more. He has got an LE and is stating only LE's should have them because he is an early buyer.

#290 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I'm not confusing the two. I'm questioning how any customer that is in on the preorder can seriously look at this as a good deal. I believe it's about right on price. A good deal? Not so much. I'm all for a company making a profit but it shouldn't be confused that they are hooking us up when I would bet they are pulling in more than Stern on a single pin sale which is fine but not a great deal by any means. It's not like they are doing this for very little profit like the Skit-B guys.

Ironic post.

You say that you aren't confusing the two concepts...then you immediately proceed to confuse the two concepts (by saying that PP is making more profit than the Skit-B guys etc.).

#291 10 years ago

I despise the entire LE, Premium, Pro model thing. Just build and release one model, enough of this buffoonery.

Don't care about special trim and plaques but cutting features is incredibly annoying, supplying a thinner clearcoat is really bad. I hope Planetary change their mind on this.

#292 10 years ago

They should charge more for the standard. Pesky extra clear making the playfield are all protected. Silly shaker is a safety hazard! What if it throws me off balance and I fall!

Money sent!

#293 10 years ago

posted on --> http://www.planetarypinball.com/product/product-name-rec6/

(in bold)

We (PPS) respectfully request that the integrity and information regarding any order with us directly or any of our distributors remain confidential between the parties only, in that no detail of the order is posted on any social media outlets or public internet forum. We strongly suggest you remove any recent postings containing any order details. Failure to adhere to this request may result in the cancellation of your order and full refund of your deposit.

#294 10 years ago

Eh, someone that bothers to give 8k for a standard edition is sure as fuck gonna treat it like an LE.

It should have the clear coats regardless. It gonna get treated like it deserves it (at least in my mind, yeah, I know about "potential flippers", whatever).

Not every Joe Schmoe is gonna have the time/money/skill to tear down the whole playfield, get it coated and put everything back together.

I don't follow PPS logic. Then again, I'm not PPS.

That's really my only problem here.

Post edited by Skrippy : Wanted some positive vibes, yo.

Though, this easy access to a MM is pretty ballin'.
I can't say I don't mind it accessibility . I would like to see more of them. I've only ever played one.

#295 10 years ago

Its funny that nobody complained about the standard clear coat on the $1400 aftermarket playfields that were put in games and flipped for big profits.
People are making a big thing out of nothing. Sure we would all want as many levels of clearcoats as we can get, but the "standard level" has not shown any weaknesses in the past on any games whether they be original or aftermarket. Lets face the facts....most of these games are going to be HUO anyhow and you will not see any wear issues in your lifetime if you put Cliffys on the edges that take a beating and throw some cheap mylar on the shooter lane when its new.

#296 10 years ago

Charging $8k for both the LE and standard is a straight up scumbag move. Period.

Drop the standard down to $7500, show some class PPS. No shame I swear.

#297 10 years ago

I think PPS might yet do an about-face on the clear-coat matter due to customer feedback.

That said, I can only imagine that as they weighed out how to go about offering a Standard option, a HUGE concern is that they needed to ensure they didn't lose out on a ton of the refundable orders that have already been placed.

From PPS's standpoint, about the only benefit that less clearcoat really offers is to help disincentivize people from canceling LE preorders, many of which were placed in haste, since LE buyers didn't know they would later have the option to wait and opt for a "Standard" model. A lot of people who rushed to place an MMLE order probably stretched their funds or had previously planned to use the funds toward a NIB offering from Stern or Jersey Jack. Many of these buyers would have waited had they known they would have the option to hold off for a year or more, and could still get a product of equal quality, minus a shaker and a few cosmetics. PPS doesn't want to lose preorders. It would be embarrassing and awkward to suddenly have a few hundred LE spots become available again when the urgency is lifted and financially stretched buyers are afforded the luxury of waiting until production to decide when to buy. It would put a lot of control back in these buyer's hands. Buyers could deliberate almost indefinitely without fear of missing out.

PPS also probably didn't want to leave the door open to flippers, so offering a Standard option helps slam the door shut on "$20k by Xmas!" scenarios.

So from a business standpoint, they probably don't want to shoot themselves in the foot by losing too many LE preorders now that suddenly the safety net of Standard models exists. There has to be a meaningful difference, and perhaps clearcoat is a way of going beyond cosmetics, which don't really motivate those who are fine with normal side rails and body armor.

If they don't end up reversing course on the clear-coat matter, I would suspect they feel that overall this slight difference in playfield quality somehow works to their benefit in the long-run

*Disclaimer* I have an order in place for a MMLE, and am still thrilled by this announcement ;D

#298 10 years ago

It would be cool if they added the color DMD to the LE. That would make for a nice LE feature. I agree, the same CC for both makes sense.

#299 10 years ago
Quoted from annointed:

I think PPS might yet do an about-face on the clear-coat matter due to customer feedback.
That said, I can only imagine that as they weighed out how to go about offering a Standard option, a HUGE concern is that they needed to ensure they didn't lose out on a ton of the refundable orders that have already been placed.
From PPS's standpoint, about the only benefit that less clearcoat really offers is to help disincentivize people from canceling LE preorders, many of which were placed in haste, since LE buyers didn't know they would later have the option to wait and opt for a "Standard" model. A lot of people who rushed to place an MMLE order probably stretched their funds or had previously planned to use the funds toward a NIB offering from Stern or Jersey Jack. Many of these buyers would have waited had they known they would have the option to hold off for a year or more, and could still get a product of equal quality, minus a shaker and a few cosmetics. PPS doesn't want to lose preorders. It would be embarrassing and awkward to suddenly have a few hundred LE spots become available again when the urgency is lifted and financially stretched buyers are afforded the luxury of waiting until production to decide when to buy. It would put a lot of control back in these buyer's hands. Buyers could deliberate almost indefinitely without fear of missing out.
PPS also probably didn't want to leave the door open to flippers, so offering a Standard option helps slam the door shut on "$20k by Xmas!" scenarios.
So from a business standpoint, they probably don't want to shoot themselves in the foot by losing too many LE preorders now that suddenly the safety net of Standard models exists. There has to be a meaningful difference, and perhaps clearcoat is a way of going beyond cosmetics, which don't really motivate those who are fine with normal side rails and body armor.
If they don't end up reversing course on the clear-coat matter, I would suspect they feel that overall this slight difference in playfield quality somehow works to their benefit in the long-run
*Disclaimer* I have an order in place for a MMLE, and am still thrilled by this announcement ;D

I agree. Without the extra clear coat there really is no difference between the Standard and LE. Why take the biggest difference away? If they did I would cancel my LE pre order for sure and just wait and use my $1000 elsewhere for now. There should be a distinguishing difference between the Standard and LE IMO.

#300 10 years ago

I agree. Without the extra clear coat there really is no difference between the Standard and LE. Why take the biggest difference away? If they did I would cancel my LE pre order for sure and just wait and use my $1000 elsewhere for now. There should be a distinguishing difference between the Standard and LE.

What? Seriously?! You are the worst type of 'collector'! If they give the standard MM the same clearcoat as the LE (which by the way is the exact same price minus shaker and trim) you would sell your order? You sir are selfish and quite ridiculous. I so wish they make you abandon your spot by giving less to others who pay the same price as you did.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 572 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-medieval-madness-remake-standard-edition/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.