Topic Stats

• 572 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by someoneelse
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

big_lebowski.jpg
th-886.jpeg
medieval-madness-manu.jpg
image-418.jpg
8 ball.jpg
clearcoat.jpg
money.jpg
ShawshankRedempt_159Pyxurz.jpg
stopit.jpg
image-711.jpg
whiny.jpg
842619483A38969DAF36D5D52113.jpg
DSC08822.JPG
MM-LE+Bust.jpg
r0awzt.jpg
image.jpg

There are 572 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
#551 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Good point -- CGC might have to aggregate orders for a Standard run at Stern, which could essentially turn into a new pre-order situation for the Standard (assuming they could get enough orders to justify another run).

True, but if so the pre-order process will be far less stressful that what we have seen with MMRLE.

#552 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

$6500 profit? Do you have access to PPS's accounting department? Making up numbers that have no basis in reality just makes you look bad. A new cabinet with artwork alone is $1500 so I guess they are getting the playfield, parts, and board sets for free in order to make a $6500 profit, and of course, labor is probably free in your world as well.

Look what I found! Pinball cabs for $399. stlouis.craigslist.org link

And that's his retail.. Wonder what his cost is. lol.

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I presume CG has done minimum run numbers in mind and if they don't get/surpass that in some time window, standards won't be run. Instead, they will move on to the next title.

I'd argue the opposite. Now that they've decided to contract to Stern... and now that the process is hammered out and compatible with Stern's requirements... they should be able to ask for additional runs easier than if it was CG trying to do re-runs themselves. Stern knows how to do small batch runs. Stern has whipped the CG sourcing/logitistics into line.. and Stern knows how to do multiple runs. Seems like partnering with Stern would actually make additional runs feasible.

#554 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'd argue the opposite. Now that they've decided to contract to Stern... and now that the process is hammered out and compatible with Stern's requirements... they should be able to ask for additional runs easier than if it was CG trying to do re-runs themselves. Stern knows how to do small batch runs. Stern has whipped the CG sourcing/logitistics into line.. and Stern knows how to do multiple runs. Seems like partnering with Stern would actually make additional runs feasible.

Perhaps. I guess we'll see after there is an idea of what the demand is going to be for the standards.

2 months later
#555 4 years ago

Looks like they are doing color hard powder coating as well now on the standard, and shaker motor enabled. Why did anyone bother in getting a Limited Edition. What a joke.

#556 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Looks like they are doing color hard powder coating as well now on the standard, and shaker motor enabled. Why did anyone bother in getting a Limited Edition. What a joke.

It's either that or lower the price, if they are to sell any standards. There's just not much incentive otherwise.

#557 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Why did anyone bother in getting a Limited Edition.

Because they want to play MM. PPS is making 1k of something that 4k were already built 18 years ago. They aren't exactly rare. If having something "limited" makes you feel special, you have an inferiority complex.

#558 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I had not heard this could you direct me to the info on the standard.

Thanks John

#559 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Looks like they are doing color hard powder coating as well now on the standard, and shaker motor enabled.

Do you mean "shaker motor installed"? Or just that a shaker motor can be installed in the SE? If the former that's definitely a change, and should make the SE a mildly more attractive option for buyers (the shaker motor is a $150 part on a $8k machine, so less than 2% of the total cost).

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It's either that or lower the price, if they are to sell any standards. There's just not much incentive otherwise.

I'd bet that the SE will eventually be available for a "street price" < MSRP like any other NIB pin, or with free shipping or other perks to effectively lower the price. Like you say, it's in everyone's interest to sell more of them, and discounting will help with that (to a point of course -- PPS also has an incentive to avoid pissing off early adopters).

#560 4 years ago

I am thinking he means the double clear coat and the shaker enabled for the standard.

#561 4 years ago

Don't count on a bunch of extra MMR, s for cheap ! Only building what's ordered and they need to start AFM production and I wouldn't plan on them putting it back in production .

#562 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

The cabinet is upgraded,shaker is included and it's the same price ! So why would that be a joke ?

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Don't count on a bunch of extra MMR, s for cheap ! Only building what's ordered and they need to start AFM production and I wouldn't plan on them putting it back in production .

Why wouldn't they keep running MMs if people want them? It's one of the most popular games ever and they've done the hard part already.

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Why wouldn't they keep running MMs if people want them? It's one of the most popular games ever and they've done the hard part already.

They have have titles to make , I've heard 7 other titles.I agree it's a popular pin but if they milk that cow dry it makes other titles not as desirable or as easy to sell. Anything limited is a better bet at least that's how I see it

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

They have have titles to make , I've heard 7 other titles.I agree it's a popular pin but if they milk that cow dry it makes other titles not as desirable or as easy to sell. Anything limited is a better bet at least that's how I see it

No reason they can't continue to run MM off and on while developing and making AFM or whatever's next (same way Stern continues to do runs of popular games even after the next game has come out). The whole point of announcing the SE was to make clear that there was no reason to panic for those that didn't get in on the LE. The SE announcement probably cost Rick some LE sales (I for one never would have given up my MMr slot if I thought only 1,000 remakes would ever be made), but was smart long-term as LE buyers now cannot complain if SEs continue to be run in years to come.

MM is a very popular game. If demand is there in the future, PPS would be nuts not to make more of them.

#566 4 years ago

They should have just made them all the same, no LE's at all, and made what was demanded. The way Williams and bally were originally. Can't stand this LE shit.

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

They should have just made them all the same, no LE's at all, and made what was demanded. The way Williams and bally were originally. Can't stand this LE shit.

They need the LE to satisfy the idiots who tell their wives what a great investment their machines are.

#568 4 years ago

Haha!.. good one.

#569 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I agree with the LE bullshit 100%, I was in on a MMR from the beginning when I was told 1000 units were to be built.From what I heard that jackass JJP talked Rick into making more games ,that fact they call a MMR a standard ? I ordered original trim which I guess is standard ?I feel sorry for any guy that has to convince his wife he can buy a game,the day that happens she's out and pins are going in the dining room

#570 4 years ago

They should only make the thousand and no more. Might encourage people to jump in on the next one if they feel it will truly be a limited run and not something they can pick up anytime.

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I could agree with what you are saying....ACCEPT, the LE's are the same price as the standards....sooooo it doesn't really matter does it? It's not problematic, it's not over priced, and for the early adopters (ie LE buyers) they receive more trim options, and a free shaker. If PPS decides to provide a free shaker in the standard as a promo or something, it was free in the LE too. I could see being upset if someone paid and extra 2k like a stern, but again same price, same game, a couple extra options FOR FREE.

#572 4 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I could agree with what you are saying....ACCEPT, the LE's are the same price as the standards....sooooo it doesn't really matter does it? It's not problematic, it's not over priced, and for the early adopters (ie LE buyers) they receive more trim options, and a free shaker. If PPS decides to provide a free shaker in the standard as a promo or something, it was free in the LE too. I could see being upset if someone paid and extra 2k like a stern, but again same price, same game, a couple extra options FOR FREE.

I understand it to be less about MMR specifically or any advantages or disadvantages of single LEs, but more about this whole "LE-little-plaque-gold-and-glitter-armour" chi-chi stuff being plain ridiculous.

With that I would agree, even more so when remaking a classic like MM. Just keep it real and drop the LE marketing crap.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Toronto, ON
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medinah, IL
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 209.00
9,150 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Fort Wayne, IN
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
There are 572 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside