stopit.jpg
image-711.jpg
whiny.jpg
842619483A38969DAF36D5D52113.jpg
DSC08822.JPG
MM-LE+Bust.jpg
r0awzt.jpg
image.jpg
There are 572 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.
#501 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

WTF are you talking about?

sorry my internet got cut off. let me clarify. I meant to say standard edition is still available. The feature set is basically similar, so my point was that people buying the standard edition are getting a great deal even at the same price.

#502 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Ordering an LE about 6 hours too late would seem to be the primary cost difference...

I think you nailed it . . . and some humor too!

#503 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

That is a shame but I am probably in the minority wanting screen printed. When Williams moved to decals some games suffered badly, i.e. MB /CV whereas some of the screen printed that have been looked after well, still look stunning.

??

so, according to what you typed, of those games that were decaled, some (eg. a minority) suffered, but those that were screen printed, and were taken care of, some (a minority) still look stunning

the way that you typed it, it makes it seem as if decals require a lot less maintenance in order to keep the cabinets looking nice, but yet you're pushing for screened art. I have no horse in this race, but your comment (or rather, it's approach) baffles me

#504 9 years ago

I am considering a MMR standard. I think it will be great as I don't care about the shaker motor or LE plaque.
Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade to other trim such as gold trim package for additional price, or if these parts are available in aftermarket?

#505 9 years ago
Quoted from Garbonzo:

I am considering a MMR standard. I think it will be great as I don't care about the shaker motor or LE plaque.
Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade to other trim such as gold trim package for additional price, or if these parts are available in aftermarket?

Everything is available aftermarket...

#506 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

When Williams moved to decals some games suffered badly, i.e. MB /CV whereas some of the screen printed that have been looked after well, still look stunning.

Only MB and CC got decals because the company that screened the cabinets was on strike.

The other Williams games of that era had the white vinyl sheet stuck on the cabinet and it was screened. So it often is mistaken for a decal.

LTG : )™

#507 9 years ago
Quoted from Garbonzo:

The LE's are still available. Why not just buy one of those?

#508 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Will check. thx

#509 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I suppose if he's not interested in the LE features, at least getting a standard leaves the LE spot for someone that wants the LE features.

#510 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I suppose if he's not interested in the LE features, at least getting a standard leaves the LE spot for someone that wants the LE features.

Or buy the LE & sell off the trim & shaker motor.... then you have a 7.5k standard MM

#511 9 years ago

Where are le still available? Was thinking of getting one of these

#512 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

EVERYWHERE according to TeeKee.

#513 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

This is still on Mr. pinball Classifieds...

Medieval Madness LE (remake), 2013: 8000.00
We have a few left, call today and reserve yours. Call 800-384-4263 or email [email protected].
Michael Daddona, Phone: 203-877-8700
Milford, Connecticut 06460

I know I've seen several people post their spots for sale, and then there is a distributor who keeps mentioning one for sale as well on several MMr threads. You could also post WTB MMr.

#514 9 years ago

Double Posting

#515 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

This is still on Mr. pinball Classifieds...
We have a few left, call today and reserve yours. Call 800-384-4263 or email [email protected].
I know I've seen several people post their spots for sale, and then there is a distributor who keeps mentioning one for sale as well on several MMr threads. You could also post WTB MMr.

Might also be worth trying to bargain for free shipping, some distributors evidently offered that and if they've got excess inventory still they might be willing to work with you.

#516 9 years ago

This would be Automated, but if you go to their website they want $8,595 shipping included. However, their web site can sometimes be years out of date.

Quoted from TaTa:

Who offered free shipping? I've never heard that.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Might also be worth trying to bargain for free shipping, some distributors evidently offered that and if they've got excess inventory still they might be willing to work with you.

#517 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

GameRoom Guys, Automated and several other vendors. Just call around. Most are dying to get rid of them since they are not allowed to heavily advertise them… remember these are supposed to be sold out a year ago with a long waiting list.

#518 9 years ago

Here's another one from 3 days ago...

"Still have one available. Choice of Gold or Black Trim at this point.

[email protected]
authorized PPS reseller "

#519 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

GameRoom Guys, Automated and several other vendors. Just call around. Most are dying to get rid of them...

I call complete fabricated bullshit on this. Automated always hoards nib machines then sells them later at a much higher markup. No one is dying to get rid of a mmr. After launch if there are tons of issues, possibly. That quote is just you making crap up since you have no real ammo to attack with.

#520 9 years ago

So, out of the two companies you specifically listed, one of them isn't even a reseller for MMR and the other has a rep for holding back and jacking the price. That's your argument that they are so easy to get?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr-resell/

Quoted from teekee:

GameRoom Guys, Automated and several other vendors. Just call around.

He says he's authorized but he's not on the list. Not sure who to believe.

Quoted from TaTa:

Here's another one from 3 days ago...

"Still have one available. Choice of Gold or Black Trim at this point.

[email protected]
authorized PPS reseller "

#521 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Who offered free shipping? I've never heard that.

My bad, thought I'd read that at least one distributor had offered free shipping but can't seem to find a post I that so maybe I was wrong. At any rate I'd say that's a good area to bargain in (assuming there are actually multiple distributors that have available slots) since there's less stigma to free shipping than to cutting prices.

5 months later
#522 9 years ago

Automated has free shipping for MMr, but they are charging $8595 for it (so shipping is included in the price since most are charging $8000)

http://www.pinballsandgames.com/medieval-madness-le.html

#523 9 years ago

The LE is priced at 7995 for early adopters, it was clearly communicated at expo to reserve now, as the standard models will be the same price.

JJP did the exact same thing, the people that came on early got a better price than those who waited. The only difference is PPS is not charging payments etc, just the full amount upon shipment. So you only have $1000 sitting instead of $6500

1 month later
#524 9 years ago

Our Canadian Dollar sank to a record low, I'm sure there will be a bunch of guys pulling shoot up here so keep your eyes open if your still interested. Close to $11500 Canadian once the dust settles, that's just crazy!!!... Personally I would rather have a Python Pinball Circus when they come out.. They guarantee appropriate back to normal pricing, which is really amazing of all the guys putting it together... awesome to see people out there for the good of the hobby rather than trying to stuff there pockets full of cash... the MMR bean counters are looking to make almost $6500 profit on top of the cost, spread out to different hands down the line of course. 2 cents for free. ;D

#525 9 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Our Canadian Dollar sank to a record low, I'm sure there will be a bunch of guys pulling shoot up here so keep your eyes open if your still interested. Close to $11500 Canadian once the dust settles, that's just crazy!!!... Personally I would rather have a Python Pinball Circus when they come out.. They guarantee appropriate back to normal pricing, which is really amazing of all the guys putting it together... awesome to see people out there for the good of the hobby rather than trying to stuff there pockets full of cash... the MMR bean counters are looking to make almost $6500 profit on top of the cost, spread out to different hands down the line of course. 2 cents for free. ;D

$6500 profit? Do you have access to PPS's accounting department? Making up numbers that have no basis in reality just makes you look bad. A new cabinet with artwork alone is $1500 so I guess they are getting the playfield, parts, and board sets for free in order to make a $6500 profit, and of course, labor is probably free in your world as well.

#526 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

A new cabinet with artwork alone is $1500

What Base numbering system are you using with that figure?

#527 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Base 6, why?

#528 9 years ago

No need to get your back up.. It sounds like you have one on order. $1500 for a cab is your price for 1, make 10,000 plus a year..price gets a hell of a lot better. A source confirmed MM in 97 was $1400 to build and that was when material and components were a lot more expensive and jobs weren't on yearly contracts without benefits... I can go on, I've done enough research.. its not worth getting into it. Bottom line: when Pinball Circus comes out, everyone's gonna be shocked at the price... Its gonna be epic!

#529 9 years ago

Except they aren't going to make 10000 pinball circus either.. It will be a low run game. The best they could do I feel would be a AMH price range .

#530 9 years ago

The factory they purchased is huge and already geared up to make the cabs.. It's definitely going to be interesting to see how it goes.

#531 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

A new Doug Huse cabinet is around that price. Obviously a larger run will be cheaper. My point was simply that a $6500 profit is in no way possible on an $8000 game.

#532 9 years ago

We have a very few MMR LE's left that we acquired along the way. Haven't really advertised them much until recently as I was saving them for current JJP customers who might have wanted one.. Most that wanted them have now ordered so away the extras go... We are an authorized PPS Distributor. Shoot me an email at [email protected] if intersted.

Thanks,
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

#533 9 years ago

MrBally said:

All the MMR's are going to be Doug Huse cabs!? Wow, i didn't know that. $1500 is retail by the way, not cost or wholesale.

#534 9 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

All the MMR's are going to be Doug Huse cabs!? Wow, i didn't know that. $1500 is retail by the way, not cost or wholesale.

Sure the price comes down if you build 10,000 cabinets as you suggested, however, MM is slated at 1000 units. Even if 1000 cabs are built they probably won't cost less than $1000 each assembled and finished with full artwork applied. The problem I have with posts like yours is that you assume people are getting rich with no effort whatsoever when they are willing to put up a substantial investment to complete a project that will take a tremendous amount of time, effort, and hard work to complete. If there is an easy $6500 to be made off of building machines you are free to start your own company. If you can do that I will publicly applaud you.

#535 9 years ago

I agree there is work involved, and a profit to be made.. Its the outrageous prices that kill me... More ground work now? Less than the work involved in 97? I think less work now, but you could be right, its way more work now.. New concepts and art/programming, software and ground work are easier to think up these days on a wind I guess... and it is almost 3 times the price. Maybe your right, its impossible to make $6000 to $6500 profit, but I doubt it. My point is what a statement it will be, when we see what the price is on pinball circus, that will cost more to produce and what it sells for retail compared to MMR.. I'm looking forward to it!

#536 9 years ago

Just in case you missed it, I applaud the The Circus Maximus Group

#537 9 years ago

Maybe you should start a separate thread about it. Please! Hint hint

#538 9 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Just in case you missed it, I applaud the The Circus Maximus Group

Do you have any more info on them? I haven't heard about it yet. Is it a straight up remake of Pinball Circus?

#539 9 years ago

Do you have any more info on them? I haven't heard about it yet. Is it a straight up remake of Pinball Circus?

http://www.circusmaximusgames.com/

#541 9 years ago

No one, NO ONE, is gonna pay $8500 for an MMR. Heck, I'm not paying $8 grand, including shipping, if I get one. Between standards and the supposed LE's, these may flood the market. If they don't, I'm gonna play the wait and see on PPS's new tech on these pins.

All this from a collector who adores MM. Love it, wanted it, collection will be better for it, but not willing to forego anymore early adopter stuff anymore. Did it with most of my other pins, tired of it.

Wish PPS the best but not with my wallet.

#542 9 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Yea it sucks for us, I probably would have bought one if we were on par, It also means that there will be less machines in canada since most people will be doing the same, which means less huo second had games for me to buy oh well next time the dollar is on par Ill have to grab a used one and bring it up from the us

#543 9 years ago

Btw am I the only one that thinks the standard should have been 500-1000 cheaper?

#544 9 years ago

I think at $1000 to $1500 cheaper the standard edition would sell well. But I also don't know their pricing parameters

#545 9 years ago

I think it should not exist. Just make MMr no versions. Hopefully this ends with the first game. This LE crap has to die.

#546 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

I think at $1000 to $1500 cheaper the standard edition would sell well. But I also don't know their pricing parameters

They won't sell very many if the price remains 8k. The folks willing to pay that much have already been soaked up with the 1000 LE's. And why would you pay the same price to get less? Makes no sense. I think they would sell at 7k, though I'm not sure I would buy one at that price, for me it would depend on how well the game is received once they land in people's game rooms.

#547 9 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yea it sucks for us, I probably would have bought one if we were on par, It also means that there will be less machines in canada since most people will be doing the same, which means less huo second had games for me to buy oh well next time the dollar is on par Ill have to grab a used one and bring it up from the us

Try $11,500 to $12,000 for us.
A stern LE is $11,250 & a WOZ is 11,995
Yes I know I'm ruling out any discount for dramatic effect but still, it's not like we are earning 30% more either...

#548 9 years ago

My guess is that if they sell out all of the MMR LE's and there's actual demand for a Standard Ed., they keep MSRP at $8k (that's what they said they'd do, and they'd just be pissing off those that bought the LE if they drop the official price now) but let retailers drop the street price as is common with most games but not with MMR LE for some reason. Bang, they've got a bit of a price cut and hopefully pick up a few more sales without angering the earlier adopters who they want to sell the next LE remake to.

All of which is pure speculation, of course!

#549 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

My guess is that if they sell out all of the MMR LE's and there's actual demand for a Standard Ed., they keep MSRP at $8k (that's what they said they'd do, and they'd just be pissing off those that bought the LE if they drop the official price now) but let retailers drop the street price as is common with most games but not with MMR LE for some reason. Bang, they've got a bit of a price cut and hopefully pick up a few more sales without angering the earlier adopters who they want to sell the next LE remake to.
All of which is pure speculation, of course!

The other thing to remember is that the contract manufacturing deal with Stern wasn't set when MMR standards were announced as being available as long as there was demand. I suspect the window of opportunity for ordering MMR is going to be shorter than originally envisioned because of the costs and logistics differences between owning/controlling your own line vs. contracting it out. I presume CG has done minimum run numbers in mind and if they don't get/surpass that in some time window, standards won't be run. Instead, they will move on to the next title.

#550 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The other thing to remember is that the contract manufacturing deal with Stern wasn't set when MMR standards were announced as being available as long as there was demand. I suspect the window of opportunity for ordering MMR is going to be shorter than originally envisioned because of the costs and logistics differences between owning/controlling your own line vs. contracting it out. I presume CG has done minimum run numbers in mind and if they don't get/surpass that in some time window, standards won't be run. Instead, they will move on to the next title.

Good point -- CGC might have to aggregate orders for a Standard run at Stern, which could essentially turn into a new pre-order situation for the Standard (assuming they could get enough orders to justify another run).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 572 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-medieval-madness-remake-standard-edition/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.