stopit.jpg
image-711.jpg
whiny.jpg
842619483A38969DAF36D5D52113.jpg
DSC08822.JPG
MM-LE+Bust.jpg
r0awzt.jpg
image.jpg
There are 572 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.
#451 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Nope. But it may have been if Hwawonyou had properly typed "you're" instead of "your."

I blame my iPhone or the Manhattans!

#452 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Why is there a LE when its not a LE run anymore?

What don't you understand. The LEs are LIMITED to 1000 numbered games. Then they make standards. They are making a run of 1000 MM Editions that are Limited. They are Limiting the number of MM LE games to 1000 Editions, and then there are no more LEs being made. The MM Editions that are LEs are Limited to 1000.

Starting to make sense yet?

#453 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Next time live on the net like the winners here. Instead of working and being responsible or whatever.

Badly stated point on your part. Some people don't work conventional 9-5 jobs, which doesn't make them irresponsible. Sometimes they work harder ! Try to stick to the discussion about pinballs instead of trying to degrade those Pinsiders that were perhaps more diligent than you.

#454 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sign with the Rams?

Oh please No!

#455 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

What don't you understand. The LEs are LIMITED to 1000 numbered games. Then they make standards. They are making a run of 1000 MM Editions that are Limited. They are Limiting the number of MM LE games to 1000 Editions, and then there are no more LEs being made. The MM Editions that are LEs are Limited to 1000.

So if I'm doing the math correctly, after the inital 1000, they will make twenty more?

#456 10 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

So if I'm doing the math correctly, after the inital 1000, they will make twenty more?

The irony, of course, is that there might be far fewer Standard Edition MMRs made than LEs. We'll see.

#457 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

The irony, of course, is that there might be far fewer Standard Edition MMRs made than LEs. We'll see.

I fully expect that to be the case.

#458 10 years ago

Could someone please tell me the name of an authorized MMR distributor in Illinois?

#459 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Could someone please tell me the name of an authorized MMR distributor in Illinois?

Its not like we know and are holding back. Everyone is in on the joke hahahaha.

Call you usual distro and ask. maybe they can become one. If not check PPS site or pm them.

#460 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

If not check PPS site or pm them.

I've checked the PPS site with no success.
I've also PM'd Rick twice with no response so far, but I understand he's pretty busy.
All I need is an authorized distributor in Illinois?
(I don't want to contact just any Illinois distributor who is not authorized to sell MMR, and have them lie to me and tell me they can sell me one and take my deposit money.)

#461 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

<edited the dude is clearly out of his element>

#462 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

You can pick up MMr at Stern?

#463 10 years ago

th-886.jpegth-886.jpeg

#464 10 years ago

But maybe I could order from any distributor and pick it up from Chicago Gaming Company in Cicero, IL?
If so, what authorized distrubutor do you suggest I go through? I'm asking because I need to be certain that they are indeed an authorized MMR distributor and one that doesn't mark up the price beyond the announced cost. What distributor did any of you use in placing your order and submitting your deposit?

#465 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

What I understood was there was only going to be 1000 MM made total..(hence the LE). Now PPS are making more & calling them a STANDARD. If they only made 1000 MM total production run, then I can understand the LE title.

Starting to make sense now?

#466 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You can pick up MMr at Stern?

... I edited that comment to avoid anyone that doesn't already know the Dude was out of his element from getting confused.
Is today a weekday...
big_lebowski.jpgbig_lebowski.jpg

Quoted from littlecammi:

But maybe I could order from any distributor and pick it up from Chicago Gaming Company in Cicero, IL?
If so, what authorized distrubutor do you suggest I go through? I'm asking because I need to be certain that they are indeed an authorized MMR distributor and one that doesn't mark up the price beyond the announced cost. What distributor did any of you use in placing your order and submitting your deposit?

I'm sorry man I totally messed that one up but you are right perhaps you could pick it up at Chicago Gaming to save on shipping I would ask PPS directly about that http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=CTUS
I am going through Automated at pinballs.com

#467 10 years ago

I also ordered through pinballs.com.Apparently the LE owner has a choice between the Gold Trim or Chrome trim on the MMR.

#468 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

What I understood was there was only going to be 1000 MM made total..(hence the LE). Now PPS are making more & calling them a STANDARD. If they only made 1000 MM total production run, then I can understand the LE title.

I think you may have misunderstood. In the initial announcement at the Expo, I believe PPS said that there'd be a limited edition run of 1,000 (that's the LE) but they wouldn't rule out making additional machines in the future. Due to overwhelming demand and upset from people who didn't make the cut, they announced an unlimited "standard edition" almost immediately.

Often manufacturers will offer a "limited edition" (which will presumably be limited to X number, or to orders placed within X timeframe) alongside a "standard edition" (they'll make as many as they sell, less features and usually though not always cheaper than the "limited edition"). I believe Stern and JJP both do this. There are plenty of LEs that have little more than color-swapping and a numbered certificate. Whether that's worth anything to you is up to you! Here, it seems like a nice little bonus (emphasis on little) for the early adopters. It's hard to imagine that in 5 years there would be a big price difference b/w LE and SE MMRs. And that having more than 1,000 of these made now (with the clear message that they could run more at any time as demand dictates) should help keep the used prices below MSRP.

#469 10 years ago

I bought a MMR and I am happy to pay $8000 for it, but I will admit, I will only pay $8000 again for Monster Bash. If they produce AFM, they will have to lower the price to $7000 or I will be out.

#470 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Haven't heard if any IL distros got it, but I thought I read that Pincades in Indiana is one.

#471 10 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

I also ordered through pinballs.com.Apparently the LE owner has a choice between the Gold Trim or Chrome trim on the MMR.

Yep me too.

#472 10 years ago

First i will say iam glad that there making these available. and yes i didnt make the cut . and order was placed friday afternoon. as soon as i heard. some has stated only difference is trim and shaker and plaque. and from what i have read this seems to be the case. so now i can buy a standard for the same price. 7999.00 and just think. i can also buy a shaker and get someone to do the trim brassed or chromed. for only around another 1000.00 so actuall i could have a mm LE look alike for only 9000.00 . sorry but i feel like i went to a car lot and a person in the salesman office just bought the SS camaro. and the salesman came out and said he had a plain camaro. and guess what iam doing for you today. you can have this plain one for the same price as the SS.

#473 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I've checked the PPS site with no success.
I've also PM'd Rick twice with no response so far, but I understand he's pretty busy.
(I don't want to contact just any Illinois distributor who is not authorized to sell MMR, and have them lie to me and tell me they can sell me one and take my deposit money.)

Just order directly from PPS then.

#474 10 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

LE buyers have a choice between standard and gold, not chrome

#475 10 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

First i will say iam glad that there making these available. and yes i didnt make the cut . and order was placed friday afternoon. as soon as i heard. some has stated only difference is trim and shaker and plaque. and from what i have read this seems to be the case. so now i can buy a standard for the same price. 7999.00 and just think. i can also buy a shaker and get someone to do the trim brassed or chromed. for only around another 1000.00 so actuall i could have a mm LE look alike for only 9000.00 . sorry but i feel like i went to a car lot and a person in the salesman office just bought the SS camaro. and the salesman came out and said he had a plain camaro. and guess what iam doing for you today. you can have this plain one for the same price as the SS.

This is why I say forget the LE crap PPS

#476 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Per Rick
Distributors ... here is the list of distributors who were allocated some LE's. For Standards there will be a much broader set that I will publish during the week. You want to purchase thru "Authorized" distributors as the warranty will be covered in direct sales only.

Distributors are responsibile for warranty support (local or remote), any issues that you have should be taken up directly with the distributor first - they will be responsible for obtaining service contacts if they are remote from the game.

Here are the list of LE (had games allocated) Authorized Distributors and where they are located:

Planetary Pinball Supply (CA)
pinballsales.com (NJ)
Automated Services (CT)
Ministry Of Pinball (Netherlands)
Starburst (Canada)
Pinball Heaven (UK)
Mr. Pinball Australia (AU)
Twisted Pins (ID)
Arcades at Home (IL)

I do not know the exact status of availability of LE games from most of them - my expectation is that they 'sold out' quickly, and then usually they would keep an 'overflow' list and then when a deposit does not come in then possibly there is a second chance for availability.

Also, we had a report or two of another distributor offering LE's, and in that case there was some confusion ... SO, if there is anyone other than on this list that you have 'purchased' from contact me directly.

Thanks!
[email protected]

#477 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

If they produce AFM, they will have to lower the price to $7000 or I will be out.

I was just talking to a friend about this earlier today. I love AFM, but I'd probably only buy a remake if it was $6K or less. It certainly shouldn't cost the same as MM.

#478 10 years ago

^^^^^^ YES 6k NIB ^^^^^^^ Now we're talking

#479 10 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

First i will say iam glad that there making these available. and yes i didnt make the cut . and order was placed friday afternoon. as soon as i heard.

You may want to verify again, sounds like a good possibility you could have an LE if you ordered friday afternoon.... check the first post in this thread from PPS.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013

#480 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was just talking to a friend about this earlier today. I love AFM, but I'd probably only buy a remake if it was $6K or less. It certainly shouldn't cost the same as MM.

Why not? I would assume it roughly has the same build costs in material and labor. Or are you suggesting that the 8K MM price has an inflated markup because of the name and popularity and that PPS is taking us to the cleaners? I have no idea, just curious as to your thought.

#481 10 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Why not? I would assume it roughly has the same build costs in material and labor. Or are you suggesting that the 8K MM price has an inflated markup because of the name and popularity and that PPS is taking us to the cleaners? I have no idea, just curious as to your thought.

I highly doubt it cost anywhere near 8K for them to build MM and yes they are probably making a lot of money. But they clearly priced it right or otherwise it would not have sold out in a few hours. AFM does not have as many toys and really only has the saucer, so mabye that would cut down some of part costs if they were to remake that next. However I highly doubt it would be priced at 6K and would expect the 7-7.5K. You cannot find a beat AFM for under 6K and trust me I been looking, so would gladly pay a little more for a NIB one instead.

#482 10 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I don't think PPS is trying to screw anyone over. They can price the game however they want to. The market will ultimately determine if it's overpriced. My point was simply that MM is an easier sell at $8K than AFM. The actual BOM is irrelevant. It's what people are willing pay. Routed MMs were going for close to $10K before the announcement. This was not the case with AFM.

#483 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

What makes you think they are tooling up from scratch? How do you know they don't have 1,000 built, cleared and populated playfields all ready to go?

Do you know that they do? It would be impressive if they had and if they released that information. It's surprising to me that more people aren't asking whether they can pull this off in the timeframe promised, but then, lots of things surprise me.

Quoted from jalpert:

Nothing is being done from scratch, chicago game has been around a LONG time. Work has been done, but again, this project is over a year in the making.

I'm not aware of any current or recent production pinball games by Chicago Gaming Company. 10 years ago they put out "Vacation America" and nothing since, as far as I can tell. All I have seen so far is a promise to get the games done starting by 2Q2014, nothing indicating they're properly tooled up and ready to do it.

Quoted from jalpert:

The only way they are associated with Wayne is trying to help the people he screwed. How in any way is that a bad thing?

I hope that they succeed, if that's the case!

Has there been feedback from the company yet regarding the quality concerns other Pinsiders have posted? For the cost of this game, I hope it would be comparable to the original in those terms and gameplay would not be effectively different due to materials or assembly techniques.

For me, spending $8k on something sight-unseen from an unproven company whose manufacturer hasn't made a quality pin this millennium is substantially harder than an $8k buying decision sight-unseen from a proven pinball manufacturer. I would need additional assurances that it's not a scam, that the company is capable of making the promised release date and that the quality of the product is on-par with the original. I look forward to the coming months as more information is released and the finished product is made available to customers.

Post edited by MadocOwain : Changed "done by" to "done starting by"

#484 10 years ago

Absolutely:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013

Quoted from MadocOwain:

Has there been feedback from the company yet regarding the quality concerns other Pinsiders have posted?

I don't know what they have or haven't done. Also, I never implied I did. Neither of us know, but you are the one talking about what they have and haven't done which I don't get.

Quoted from MadocOwain:

Do you know that they do?

Nobody has asked anyone spend $8k on something sight unseen. PPS asked for $1K fully refundable deposits to be paid to distributors to secure your game. All the info, pics, video, everything else you would expect from purchasing a yet to be released game will be available before anyone asks you to spend $8k on anything.

Quoted from MadocOwain:

For me, spending $8k on something sight-unseen from an unproven company whose manufacturer hasn't made a quality pin this millennium is substantially harder than an $8k buying decision sight-unseen from a proven pinball manufacturer.

#485 10 years ago

Thanks, interesting material in there. They certainly seem to be saying all the right things there. We'll see in 6 months!

#486 10 years ago

You guys have to remember that 90% of the parts for MM are available right now from PPS.

Everyone has ordered from them, so everyone has "seen" what kind of quality they sell.

In fact, EVERY legal reproduction part for MM has to have been approved by PPS, because they hold the license.

Churchill Cabinet Company has been in business over 100 years and made the original MM playfields and cabinets 20 years ago.

#487 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Churchill Cabinet Company has been in business over 100 years and made the original MM playfields and cabinets 20 years ago.

And as vid pointed out earlier, Stern playfields say "Churchill Cabinet Company" on the side. I literally checked Robertmee's Spiderman that is in my garage, and it does in fact say that on the side of the playfield.

#488 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

And as vid pointed out earlier, Stern playfields say "Churchill Cabinet Company" on the side. I literally checked Robertmee's spiderman that is in my garage, and it does in fact say that on the side of the playfield.

Garage?!? It should be behind velvet ropes, on a pedestal, under constant temperature/humidity control to within .001% tolerances

#489 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I would agree, since they don't have to put any parts on the playfield since it's pretty much empty.

#490 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

And as vid pointed out earlier, Stern playfields say "Churchill Cabinet Company" on the side. I literally checked Robertmee's spiderman that is in my garage, and it does in fact say that on the side of the playfield.

Churchill has been making Stern playfields for a long time. I believe only the dimpling is done at the Stern factory.

#491 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

frankly, no. your point makes no sense whatsoever. the standards are not LE. the LE are.

they said, day one, at the announcement (i watched it live) that they were making 1000 LE's and no more (numbered plaque, shaker, gold trim), and that the possibility to make more in a non-LE form was an option depending on demand. they said that *at the announcement*. it is weird that you are confused on the issue.

demand has been more than anyone expected, so of course more are getting made, as they indicated they would.

#492 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

demand has been more than anyone expected, so of course more are getting made, as they indicated they would.

I think demand in the US was more than anyone expected, overhere you can stil order MMrLE.
Standard edition maybe becoming a rare bird

#493 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

That's probably true but wouldn't be the case if they dropped the price about $250-500.

#495 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

it is weird that you are confused on the issue.

He took LE as meaning thats it vs LE and regular editions. Maybe he thought Stern was only making LEs now and no longer making pros or premiums too?

2 weeks later
#496 10 years ago

So what would be the deadline to get in for a standard NIB MMr for 8k... end of year 2014? Or maybe a better question what is the latest date to get a deposit in for MMr standard?

Gotta get my pinball budget in order, determining how long I have to allocate the funds.

1 month later
#497 10 years ago

LE pins ? If you really think about it Sterns bean counters started all this BS ! The term Standard ? Really blows Since when is a MM a standard game ? I don't know too many old school pinball owners that are prepaying for Sterns garbage.At least the games completed before its sold !

#498 10 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Since when is a MM a standard game ?

7 months later
#499 9 years ago

Standard edition is still available from resellers.

#500 9 years ago
Quoted from Garbonzo:

Ok. There are still plenty of MMR LE available. Check at any of the resellers and you will see.
The fact is the Standard is the same game as the LE with some garbage thrown in (LE plaque??).
According the WMS license, PPS is REQUIRED to make the game play the same, so they cant remove any features for the LE.

WTF are you talking about?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 572 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-medieval-madness-remake-standard-edition/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.