Topic Stats

• 572 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by someoneelse
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

big_lebowski.jpg
th-886.jpeg
medieval-madness-manu.jpg
image-418.jpg
8 ball.jpg
clearcoat.jpg
money.jpg
ShawshankRedempt_159Pyxurz.jpg
stopit.jpg
image-711.jpg
whiny.jpg
842619483A38969DAF36D5D52113.jpg
DSC08822.JPG
MM-LE+Bust.jpg
r0awzt.jpg
image.jpg

There are 572 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.
#1 6 years ago

Due to overwhelming demand for the Medieval Madness Limited Edition remake and to allow more people who may have missed out on having the opportunity to get an order in for the game, we have decided to announce a Standard version of Medieval Madness remake which can now also be pre-reserved with a $1000 deposit thru either Planetary Pinball Supply (www.pinball.com) or thru your local authorized distributor.

The Medieval Madness Standard will come with original trim, standard playfield clearcoat, and no shaker motor.

We are committed to insuring that people who desire this game which has been out of reach due to it’s popularity have access to the remake. The Standard Medieval Madness MSRP is $7995 and starting to build around the end of 2014.

We never imagined the level of support for the remake!

#2 6 years ago

BAM!! And so it shall be done...

#3 6 years ago

Quick question Rick. Are we in fact in a state of oversold on the first 1,000 LE's? And if so how will cuts happen?

#4 6 years ago

So no extra clear or shaker same price ? :p

#5 6 years ago

Great news for anyone who didn't get in that wanted one!

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Due to overwhelming demand for the Medieval Madness Limited Edition remake and to allow more people who may have missed out on having the opportunity to get an order in for the game, we have decided to announce a Standard version of Medieval Madness remake which can now also be pre-reserved with a $1000 deposit thru either Planetary Pinball Supply (www.pinball.com) or thru your local authorized distributor.
The Medieval Madness Standard will come with original trim, standard playfield clearcoat, and no shaker motor.
We are committed to insuring that people who desire this game which has been out of reach due to it’s popularity have access to the remake. The Standard Medieval Madness MSRP is $7995 and starting to build around the end of 2014.
We never imagined the level of support for the remake!

How many standards will be made?

#7 6 years ago

Two MMs in every house. Nice work! Keep em coming!

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

How many standards will be made?

Probably as many as people want!

#9 6 years ago

Aw, 'Captian Kirk you should see this! There is another storm approaching' Quickly grab Dorthey and full speed astern!

#10 6 years ago

A non-LE with no shaker and a longer wait for the same price? Makes sense...

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Better than not getting one at all...

#12 6 years ago

what is the cost comparison between the LE and the Standard?

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Just means they didn't charge as much as they could have for the LE.

#14 6 years ago

Man if that 7 had been replaced with a 6, I would have been seriously tempted. Oh well. Hope everyone else who wants one get one though!

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

None - both are 7995

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Better than not getting one at all...

I just don't see the point in preordering a non-LE at this point. Lot of games are going to come out between now and when it finally ships.

Then again, I'm not the world's biggest fan of MM anyway.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from ab3:

Man if that 7 had been replaced with a 6, I would have been seriously tempted. Oh well. Hope everyone else who wants one get one though!

There really isn't enough of a difference between the two models to warrant a 1k reduction...I was expecting a $250-$500 price difference, myself...

#18 6 years ago

Did people really think with the minimum features added on the LE, that the standard would be that much cheaper?? Take out the shaker motor and sell it for what, $7750?? Would that be better?

#19 6 years ago

The standard MSRP is $7995. Don't distributors often sell for less than the MSRP?

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

Ordering an LE about 6 hours too late would seem to be the primary cost difference...

#21 6 years ago

wow. just wow. same price, less stuff. have fun kids. p.t. barnum was right. a sucker born every minute and two to take him. Im still putting my money on spooky, no pre order, no le, no bs. just good pinball.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

Did people really think with the minimum features added on the LE, that the standard would be that much cheaper?? Take out the shaker motor and sell it for what, $7750?? Would that be better?

The biggest difference would be the clear coat on the playfield. The shaker motor is not a big deal as long as they have pre-drilled holes. Gold Trim- I don't like it on MM anyways. A plaque is no big deal either.

#23 6 years ago

This is really weak, there should be some price differential between the two versions. And yes, even being tossed a small bone of $7750 would be better...

I was thinking yesterday--"You know, if they make a standard edition at a savings over the LE, I just might go for one." Not now, not ever.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Two MMs in every house. Nice work! Keep em coming!

Hell why not Might even get me a new MM. Cheap as chips now

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

The biggest difference would be the clear coat on the playfield. The shaker motor is not a big deal as long as they have pre-drilled holes. Gold Trim- I don't like it on MM anyways. A plaque is no big deal either.

Yeah but in a home environment extra coats may not matter as much. Still seems like a $250 cut would of been appropriate.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Valid point, I agree.

#27 6 years ago

this is not right, you can't ask the same price for less.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

They sure can.

#29 6 years ago

It worked for WoZ what's the big deal... you guys are soooo easy just be quiet and send in your money!

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Demand dictated price.

#31 6 years ago

Why would they lower the price? It appears they sold 1000 preorders in 24 hours. If anything, it shows they could have charged more for the LE. It's a business decision. They aren't doing this solely out of the goodness of their hearts.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Don't buy it then.

Those that missed out on the LE for making the mistake of not being on the internet for 6 hours yesterday are probably very happy to be given a second opportunity at getting one. I doubt that a lack of a shaker motor, some trim, and a plaque are going to dissuade those that missed out on an LE but are still happy to pay less than the $15k it would have cost them for an original 2 weeks ago...

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

It worked for WoZ what's the big deal... you guys are soooo easy just be quiet and send in your money!

Word.

You're all offended now that planetary is using the same trick that JJP pulled on everyone? Woz LE - 6500$ then, Standards 8k now. LOL.

#34 6 years ago

Welcome to the wonderful world of Pin-economics.

#35 6 years ago

If the standard was $1000 less, there'd be "LE" owners complaining of their machine being de-valued

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

If the standard was $1000 less, there'd be "LE" owners complaining of their machine being de-valued

Or they'd cancel their order. Is the deposit refundable?

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Instead, what we are going to see is that the LEs are now worth $9k+. That's how this works.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Yeah but in a home environment extra coats may not matter as much. Still seems like a $250 cut would of been appropriate.

Look at any MM playfield and you will see there are areas that take beatings. The upper right lane where the joust is. The Castle kick out and the Merlin hole all pound the playfield. There was factory installed mylar around the trolls for a reason. The castle multi-ball entrance also takes a pounding.

There are Cliffy and other protectors for many of these areas, but there are some open areas not covered.

Extra clearcoat does make a difference.

#39 6 years ago

Like moths to the flame.

#40 6 years ago

It's great watching all this... Pinball has become the new soap opera... who's sleeping with who here anyway?

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Or they'd cancel their order. Is the deposit refundable?

This is why the price is the same. Why would they cannibalize their own sales? They would not generate a new sale, as much as they would have people drop out of the LE and get the cheaper machine.

#42 6 years ago

Anyone that thought they were going to make money on MMLE took one for the team just now

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

This is why the price is the same. Why would they cannibalize their own sales? They would not generate a new sale, as much as they would have people drop out of the LE and get the cheaper machine.

Bingo was his name-o.

#44 6 years ago

Doing an" LE" on this was a bad idea . I highly doubt people that preordered it did so because it was an LE they ordered it because it was a MM for much cheaper than they've been lately .

#45 6 years ago

Would you lower the price if you ran PPS? They sold 1,000 in less than half a day. There probably aren't too many people who want this pin that drew the line at $7,700. They'll go the extra $300.

#46 6 years ago

awesome for the used market in a few years!!!!!!!!

#47 6 years ago

It will be interesting to see if the standards will be a limited run added onto the le production or if they will continue to be produced. Will distributors order them as stock for the future two years from now you can buy a mm nib for msrp?

#48 6 years ago

PPS, is their going to be an option to get Saturn rings installed at factory?

#49 6 years ago

Hey its still better than a 15 year reshopped game from the original run and it has leds
and a better sound system and as much as you want so you don't have to worry about
the sold LEs not everbody can buy a NIB if they want. Maybe another run of 1500 or so.

#50 6 years ago

Hell with it! I am waiting for the Standard LE version!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 572 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside