(Topic ID: 105290)

ANN: Joust reproduction playfield plastics (playfield discussion too!)

By j_m_

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by AD72
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20230329_144051_01 (resized).JPG
IMG_20230329_144122_01 (resized).JPG
IMG_1960 (resized).jpg
joust-playfield-socks-1.png
image.jpg
10-512.jpg
cross_recessed_type_i_round_washer_head_machine_screws_634593245268028828_1 (1).jpg
apron angle.jpg
joust_3.jpg
joust_4.jpg
joust_2.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_4984.JPG
IMG_4980.JPG
IMG_4975.JPG
IMG_4972.JPG
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

I've been working with kevin on the joust playfield project to try and shore up a few things.

what are the thoughts of potential buyers as far as the following:
- paying a bit more for shipping costs (due to dimensional costs). playfields would be bent and secured @ CPR (prior to being cleared) and shipped that way
or
- paying the flat $1200 (reservation price). playfields are shipped flat. upon receipt, you have to bend the playfield (10°) and affix the 4 [included] brackets (with 4 screws each)

#52 9 years ago

My vote would be for the playfield to be bent and secured at CPR; would rather have this done by the manufacturer and pay a little extra for shipping.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Silver_Bullet:

My vote would be for the playfield to be bent and secured at CPR; would rather have this done by the manufacturer and pay a little extra for shipping.

+1

#54 9 years ago

I signed up, but didn't get a response/confirmation. Should I have?

#55 9 years ago

I didn't either, but hear I'm on the list via other channels

#56 9 years ago

I changed the topic title so that we can continue discussion of the playfields here and other people can find it (rather than creating a new topic altogether).

I still need to take measurements to determine just how much deeper the shipping box would be as well as the added costs for the inserts needed to secure the playfield inside (both underneath and above)

#57 9 years ago

Can you add some room in the shipping box to put a person to install the new playfield too ?

#58 9 years ago

I can through in an old dirty pair of socks if you want.......

Quoted from labnip:

Can you add some room in the shipping box to put a person to install the new playfield too ?

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

I can through in an old dirty pair of socks if you want.......

joust-playfield-socks-1.pngjoust-playfield-socks-1.png

2 years later
#60 7 years ago

Anyone still have a set of these that they'd be willing to part with? Just got my playfield back from HSA and all I need now is the plastics. Thanks!

IMG_1960 (resized).jpgIMG_1960 (resized).jpg

#61 7 years ago

How did HSA handle the clear coat on your playfield? Did they brace it at the correct angle before they cleared it so it wont crack when its bent in the game?

John

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

How did HSA handle the clear coat on your playfield? Did they brace it at the correct angle before they cleared it so it wont crack when its bent in the game?
John

The playfield is NOS and was cleared as it lay flat. I was instructed to install the playfield as soon as possible while the clear is still soft. I'll give some feedback as soon as I put the bend on it.

#63 7 years ago

here's a thread that I created with a couple of videos showing the heat bending process for the aprons
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1983-williams-joust-pinball-reproduction-plastics-videos

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike:

The playfield is NOS and was cleared as it lay flat. I was instructed to install the playfield as soon as possible while the clear is still soft. I'll give some feedback as soon as I put the bend on it.

*cringe* Interested to see how this one turns out.....

1 year later
#65 5 years ago

bump for a long dormant thread

I have one personal set of plastics left that I can bring to the chicago pinball expo in october. the asking price is $500 for the set. this will most likely be your last opportunity to purchase a set of [screened] playfield plastics

(I believe that one of the pieces is autographed by barry oursler (the designer of joust)

4 years later
#66 1 year ago

Kevin and the team at CPR wanted me to pass along that they should have JOUST plastics back in stock in approximately 2-4 weeks. the plastics are being produced as I type this and I will be heat bending them once again to provide aprons just like Williams did back in 1982

IMG_20230329_144122_01 (resized).JPGIMG_20230329_144122_01 (resized).JPGIMG_20230329_144051_01 (resized).JPGIMG_20230329_144051_01 (resized).JPG

remember that not only was the artwork painstakingly reproduced to the minute detail by Jim Smith (every single halftone dot recreated), the sets include a bonus, extra set of interior plastics (both slings and the crossover pieces for both sides of the playfield).

#68 1 year ago

These plastics are really nice! Great work j_m_ !

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-joust-reproduction-playfield-plastics/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.