th-1-187.jpeg
th-584.jpeg
image.jpg
image-298.jpg
fa5a6f77803a2e30831f95ead6615d4f.jpg
om nom nom.JPG
image.jpg
CIMG5248.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

The only thing I hate about this is how it will just create more speculation as to what games will be remade... Love every other part of this announcement and looking forward to more parts being accessible.

It really only adds a few games to the speculation and they have already been discussed for a long time now.

BBB, KP, WB. Is there really anything else that IPB owned worth remaking?

Hopefully this means more TAF parts as they are desired by many. I am guessing this means more parts but also higher prices. This is a business for PPS and they want to make as much $$$ as they can. They are now the ONLY one legally available to make parts.

#33 9 years ago

Funny how these companies tie each other up legally on all sorts of stuff for years with back and forth stuff and now PPS buys out Gene in the end. I hope Gene puts pen to paper and writes some sort of excerpt of truth and history of pinball part manufacturing (not sure if he is capable of this or even knows the truth anymore). Probably a pretty interesting read.

#63 9 years ago

Even if BBB is not being remade, all current games likely just took a huge hit based on the idea/perception that it will happen in the future.

I know 1 thing is certain, guys who own high dollar games tend to have some insider knowledge and LOTS of BBB are up for sale in the past few months. Tells me everything I need to know.

#94 9 years ago

IPB does not have all the rights needed to make TAF PFs which means PPS does not have all the rights either.

For how big of a proponent Rick is on copyprotected material I can only assume he would not be a hypocrite and produce TAF pfs without consent and paying fees.

In other words, it is still unlikely that TAF pfs will get done and if they do it will be years from now.

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

The force is weak with this one Obi Wan

images-429.jpg 12 KB

After 2 years of being lied to by Gene/IPB I did my research, came to the conclusion that TAF pfs will likely never be made again, wisely bought a restorable one, and made peace with the fact that the best game ever may eventually die due to stupid liscence holder protecting their assests of dead people (well that and the comforate that I now have a super nice TAF with better than new original pf rather than some crap remake).

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

You do know they made them in the past right? Two runs that I know of. Had to have all the rights at some point....
Which is why I said:
"IPB had those rights already. So, unless they let them slip away by not renewing them, it should follow that PPS now owns those rights."

Yes, I know that IPB made TAF pf reproduction in the past. That last run was a LONG time ago and they were not rerun for a reason. From my understanding it will be difficult to LEGALLY rerun them in the future.

#118 9 years ago

I hope they do vid.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

IPB had a 10 year license on Addams and IPB is now owned by Matt aka PPS so therefore PPS now has a license for Addams Family is how I read it??

My understanding was that the 10 year liscence is now expired and there were difficulties with reaquiring. I am guessing those difficulties were Gene??? Maybe now with PPS being the sole owner it will get done. I would think anyone is smart enough to know that TAF is the number 1 game in need of new pfs so Rick will likely follow that money.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

No it expires in 2015

'

Good news for TAF owners. Hopefully Rick can get the job done quickly, unlike the other big parts guys overseas.

Would like to get a nice new translite also, so hopefully those get done.

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

BBB is on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone except Tony seems to understand this reality.

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Agreed. There are at least a dozen Sterns that I find twice as fun as BBB, for less than half the going rate. BBB isn't expensive because it's great, it's expensive because it's rare. Once anyone can have a BBB for $8k, trophy collectors will no longer want one.

Someone looking to maximize profit may just decide to make a limited run of 200 and sell them for 12k each?

5000 profit on 200 games is the same as 1000 profit on 1000 games and less total work to get there.

#251 9 years ago

Tony thinks if he says it loud enough and enough times that he will change peoples beliefs. He is hoping this will buy him a few more months of flipping BBB for a profit. He is just a little sad because yet another game that was the life blood of his flipping has dried up.

#252 9 years ago

duplicate

#262 9 years ago

I want in on this action to. Teekee, what sort of odds are you giving?

If you are so confident then maybe this can be a replacement for the $ you are now losing on future sales of the original remake BBBs.

lets make this happen.

#267 9 years ago

If he does not take the bet then we all see the reality that is Tony. the sad sad reality of a flipper gone mad ;(

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Its a goofy bet and you know it... Zero chance BBB gets remade. Let's each put a million down on the bet. I'm not going to do something like this for a buck. Or we can do a thousand... PM if you're game for a REAL bet.

So you are saying you are not so confident anymore?

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Sure, hows this;
By the time PP releases its 10th remake, if there is not another remake of BBB by then I will buy you that 10th machine & pay for shipping.
If, however the BBB is remade before then you will buy it for me and ship it to the UK, paying all shipping and import duty.
Are you in?

This sounds like a very fair bet, but I would move it down to the 5th remake.

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

So here's a possible statement. People are pushing the bbbr speculation so they can hope a current owner of the game bails for a more reasonable price. That could be a fact?
Either way glad Rick will continue to make more of something, parts, games, what ever it will be

Here is a very real statement.

There are very few reasons why anyone would buy up all the crap that Gene had, and those motivations are to get and use the few gems to make more $$$.

You do the math, there is a reason that PPS can over the top with an offer large enough to buy it all at once. The reason was not to buy 400 junk games to flip for a small profit.

#328 9 years ago

Yup. Rick just trolled all of pinside.

#340 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I must be the only one here with a steel colon. Taco ball all day every day, living the life no problem

give it a few years and see what your body says...

#355 9 years ago

I meant the taco hell, not normal good mex food

#390 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Well, once I broke the news that BBBr will NEVER happen they started talking about something they actually know a LITTLE about... Mexican food.
What do most people do when they're depressed? Eat!

Do you think if you repeat it enough people will start to belieb you?

You still won't take any bets on the issue so it seems like you are just spewing BS as typical.

#441 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Have no idea about whether he is or is not a customer - my guess is no. What I will not do is sit around while people make statements about my business' intentions or my products for which they cannot know to be true - one way or another - it is not anyone's right nor business to do so. This constant manipulation by attention starved people is getting very old ...

You do realize you are the only one that can easily and quickly put an end to it...

#481 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It's a little unrealistic to expect PPS to commit to remaking BBB (or any other game) before MMR has even shipped!

No need to commit to anything.

A simple statement of:
"PPS has no plans in the forseeable future to produce BBBR"
or
"PPS will be looking in to the feasablity of making the following games as a remake after MMr > BBB, KP, MB, AFM, and CC"

would end people claimimng that BBB will/will not be made.

However, I can only imagine that Rick prefers as much ambiguity as possible. Uncertainty only means positive things for Rick and his business. It means people may just hold out on buying some other expensive pin (more money on hold to see what comes next). It means fewer people willl jump out of MMr in foavor of the next thing coming down the pipe.

#545 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sadly it appears that the manufacturer's (JJP, Stern, and PPS) are trying to convince us that $8k *is* a reasonable level.
The question is whether pinheads will fall for it.
So much of this is psychological. With MMr selling for $8k, WOZLE at $8k, STLE at almost $8k (down from that now), Hobbit at $8k, it seems like there is no where for NIB prices to go but up ad infinitum.
There is no way this can last.

I will be buying my first NIB game at $4750.

Luckily there are a few smaller manufacturers of games that are keeping sale price lower (Spooky and AMH), and now their major hurdle is getting them built. They will get that figured out in the next year and hopefully it can mean good things for them and pinball.

The 8k NIB model is not sustainable and the 2ndary market should tell you all you need to know. With many new LEs of the recent games not selling and sitting in boxes and many HUO now trading hands already (before the next hot thing hits) for 1k or greater loss... The high end pinball market is dropping quickly. Heck, just measure the amount of frantic post TeeKee makes and it will tell you all you need to know about the doom and gloom of the high end flipper market.

#672 9 years ago

This thread was at its best when talking about mexcian food.

#696 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's pointless. No two machines will ever play the same. Forget the honor system, even if people try and be fair it's just an exercise in futility. That's the beauty of pinball, it's why the game isn't a video game.

True but there should be ways to build in for these differences. Games already track every switch hit, R, C, L drain so there coudl be a relatively simple equation to help simplify things and handicap as needed.

I know I woudl really enjoy the aspect of playing against family or friends form miles away all linked up onto the same table. Of course it take an honor system and wont be perfect. However, it could still be really fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,159.00
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-illinois-pinball-ipb-cunningham-assets-acquired?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.