th-1-187.jpeg
th-584.jpeg
image.jpg
image-298.jpg
fa5a6f77803a2e30831f95ead6615d4f.jpg
om nom nom.JPG
image.jpg
CIMG5248.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teekee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 9 years ago

Ohhh Pinside... so gullible, so naive... LOL!

No sign of MMr yet and many are already on to the 5th or 6th remake!

Did anyone send their deposit in yet for BBBr and Kingpin?

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Teekee, I see you just listed your BBB for sale on Mr. Pinball. Are you selling to make room for the re-fake

I would never own a refake... the real deal or nothing. How do you even know that is my BBB?

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

So you own one of the original 11 BBB's then? If not, you have a refake as well.

For one thing I don't own a BBB... if I did it would be one of the 13 protos or one of the 183 production BBB's... but definitely not one of the refakes that some are dreaming about.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Don't own one. Yet your quick to say when someone has one for sale they are underpriced and you could flip it for 5k before you even get home with it.

I have to own one to know that?

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Surely the only BBB's that are original are the first 13?
The next 183 were reproductions.

No, 13 protos and 183 production... and please don't call me Shirley.

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah I just don't see more than a few hundred BBBs selling. At that level profit would go way down.

Yeah, its just not a good remake candidate… without the rarity, collectibility and history (which you won't get in any remake) BBB is nothing more than a beautiful looking decent playing pin (at best).

BBB is a collectors pin and too many guys are blinded by its value only… No worries though, a BBB remake isn't happening anyway.

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

The good side of this is that people like Greg will finally get the game they've been looking for.

He can go out and get a REAL BBB today… if you don't want to pay you don't get to play… Game Over Greg.

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I wish Rick wouldn't post this shit when he doesn't clarify anything.

Don't worry about Rick if you want clarity on an issue just ask me… BBBr? no, it ain't happening… next question?

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Rick already knows how interested everyone is in an adult themed pin that is not Playboy obvious.
He bought himself a BBB a few months back, and now he has bought IPB itself.
Now he has all the molds, CAD drawings, artwork and diagrams.
CCC did the playfields last time for Gene, and of course CCC is doing the playfields for MMr.

Keep dreaming… zero chance for a BBB remake.

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Most folks on here said that about Medieval Madness a year+ ago, now look.
It will happen, maybe not game #2 or #3 or even #4, but it will happen, PP are not going to put out a Road Show, or the like.
Added to this there is only so many remakes you can do of the top handful of Williams/Bally games that will sell.
Bottom line is BBB would sell like hot-cakes and at 8k! There in business to make money from their investments why else acquire these rights!

Let me repeat... zero chance for a BBB remake.

#253 9 years ago

As much as you want...

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Tony thinks if he says it loud enough and enough times that he will change peoples beliefs. He is hoping this will buy him a few more months of flipping BBB for a profit. He is just a little sad because yet another game that was the life blood of his flipping has dried up.

At times I feel you may have some hope and actually know a few things but then reality sets in and I realize you don't know much at all...

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

....and the beat goes on....

yep, when they are beaten they resort to calling me a flipper and other things... no biggie, sorry to disappoint them with the news of no BBB remake... that's the way it goes. Still, you can certainly enjoy MMr and all the new titles coming from Stern and hopefully JJP.

Ok, commence with the name calling...

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

If the chance is zero, you could lay me a million to one odds and never lose. Let's bet a dollar. If you win, you get a dollar. If I win, I get a million. Free dollar, right? Put your money where your mouth is.

So that shows how confident you are... Lol, send me my dollar now.

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

teekee might be right about bbbr actually. he made a good point about the game in an earlier post. i would like his opinion on the possibility/feasibility of making Kingpin. i have no interest in bbb but Kingpin might be a worthy remake?

Kingpin is possible but not likely... I can say no more.

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm not that confident, but I only have to be right one in a million times for this to be a good bet. Call me crazy, I'll risk it.
Do we have a bet? Say the word, and I'll send my dollar now. If PPS ever makes BBB, you ship the million.
If we don't have a bet, I guess it's better than zero chance after all.

Its a goofy bet and you know it... Zero chance BBB gets remade. Let's each put a million down on the bet. I'm not going to do something like this for a buck. Or we can do a thousand... PM if you're game for a REAL bet.

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Sure, hows this;
By the time PP releases its 10th remake, if there is not another remake of BBB by then I will buy you that 10th machine & pay for shipping.
If, however the BBB is remade before then you will buy it for me and ship it to the UK, paying all shipping and import duty.
Are you in?

10th remake? LOL, what are you guys smoking? You guys are dreamers. I am done playing your games. Sorry this is reality but there will be plenty of other cool games on the way. Believe what you want just don't throw yourselves out of a window when it doesn't happen...

#389 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Post after off-topic post about Mexican food. I thought this thread couldn't get any worse...
...but then Vid proved me wrong.

Well, once I broke the news that BBBr will NEVER happen they started talking about something they actually know a LITTLE about... Mexican food.

What do most people do when they're depressed? Eat!

#395 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So is BBBr and/or King Pin coming or not??

Its not...

#407 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Do you think PPS can get a 1000 pre orders for BBB for $8k? Maybe 200 to 300?

Totally agree and that's only one of the issues... but then again Rick has all the money and the power to do anything he wants.

signed,
the guy with the low self esteem...

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

teekee has been trolling every PPS thread for as long as ive been posting here. he'S not some random poster with legitimate questions or contributions to these threads.

Sorry, I guess next time I'll give you some of my best Mexican food recipes...

#416 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

wow rick took teekee behind the wood shed and layed into him

You must have missed the video...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/58sP8azcHfQ?autoplay=1&rel=0

#436 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Teekee's not a customer. He's someone who's made it his mission to derail Rick's business (without success).

Derail Rick's business... what an absurd comment.

#444 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Have no idea about whether he is or is not a customer - my guess is no. What I will not do is sit around while people make statements about my business' intentions or my products for which they cannot know to be true - one way or another - it is not anyone's right nor business to do so. This constant manipulation by attention starved people is getting very old ...

But it was ok for those to post BBBr is going to happen?

#454 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You posted your opinion that it is not going to happen as "news". News needs facts to back up the premise. You have not provided any. Opinion isn't news.

Wow, that's the best you have?

Quoted from Rarehero:

Your thousands of anti-PPS posts back up my statement as fact.

Wow, that one's even better...

#490 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I will say this much, the frenzy over MMR seems to have cooled off quite a bit since the Expo announcement. Perhaps remakes aren't the cash cow people were expecting them to be?

No doubt about that… seems like one of the more popular posts these days is: "I got my refund back today!"

I knew there was one missing!

#537 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's really simple.
Rick has learned from Stern that you don't disclose your next product if it might prevent an additional sale.
Someone buying MMr, might cancel if they knew BBBr was next.
Better to hold his cards close to his vest and reveal the next game once the majority of the MMr have been shipped.
Maximize profits.

That's a bunch of BAAAAALONEY… nice excuse though and it keeps hope (rumor) alive!

Even if BBBr were going to happen and it were announced today it would be two years away minimum. They have a ton of stuff to do and issues to overcome…

JJP had two titles announced with rumors of a third before the first one is completely delivered. Stern puts pins out in a few months… 4 a year would be no problem… big big difference.

#539 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Right back at it first thing in the morning eh teekee?

Its a 24 hour job keeping things real and promoting common sense here on Pinside...

#553 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Fall for what? Forget JJP, who knows what they are ever thinking, but Stern and PPS isn't trying to convince us of anything. Like we are some kind of suckers falling for some BS $8K price tag. The day PPS announced MMLE they had 1,000 orders.

Yeah, you guys fell for it… A twenty year old remake with basically unlimited supply, nothing new and exciting, no real collectible value… all for $8000? Yeah, he got ya… Good for PPS!

Everyone before this was complaining about Sterns and JJP getting to the point of being WAY overpriced but not MMr… Why? Like RobT said… psychological. MM had reached collectible level and it was priced at a collectible level so MMr at $8k is a bargain.

#557 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

MMLE wasn't overpriced because today you now have two options. Buy the $8,500 used one, or the $8,000 new one. How does that make the new one overpriced?

Yes but before the remake someone could buy a MM knowing that they could get their money back or even make a few bucks. Right or wrong it was an investment. That's no longer the case for any of them and that will force many not to buy at all… not good for the future of NEW pinball.

#560 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How many do you think buy just with this in mind...

I think ALOT of the new pinheads that have entered the market over the past few years have. And I think many need their 'investment' to make a little or at least hold value to keep them happy in this hobby.

#562 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

As I said before, many of the people I know buying are rich people and don't care about resale. My buddy who bought Nelson's machines dropped over $30k for 5 machines and thought it was a deal. "Hell!...my watch cost $250k!"

I agree with you there... definitely becoming a rich mans hobby!

#566 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

People that were buying with the belief that they could get their money back or make a few bucks aren't collectors, they are flippers. While the collection side of the hobby has grown lately, we all did just fine 10 years ago when it was pretty darn well known that you would buy a game, would have to put parts and work into getting it going, and then would probably about break even, not including part cost. People would buy a game for $1200, put in a $1000 playfield and then decide they didn't like it and sell it for $1400.
If anything, the so called "threat" of remakes will drive flippers that ONLY flip and have no value added out of the market, which will help to suppress prices for those of us that understand that in a hobby, you almost always lose money. Flippers that also do other value added - either through repair / shopping services, or whatever - still have a niche they can fill. Hell, most of them were in operation long before this latest boom cycle, and will be around for whatever happens in the market.
If all that you do to add value is buy machines and then sell them for a higher price, it's gotta be a terrifying. You'll probably stop buying because you have a threat to lose real money. And ultimately, it won't hurt the hobby in any way.

Oh Lord, why do I even try. Here, I have something that might be more up your alley.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumb-and-dumber-to-trailer

#573 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

so we've gone from "NEVER EVER" to "not for at least two years...." lol

Not at all, it's NEVER going to happen but IF it were to happen just for the sake of Vids argument it's at least two years or more away.

#582 9 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Completely incorrect!
I have purchased machines before, unsure of exactly how fun it'd be or how long it would be before I grew tired of it, either because it's a new machine, or a used machine which I'm not overly familiar with, and the deciding factor before taking the plunge was: "Can I get my money back out of it?" If I think I can sell it for what I bought it for, then I don't care so much about the price.
The actual cost of the machines is not the problem so much as the loss of value with the flooded used market. There's only room for so many $8k toy sales to a relatively small and tight-knit collector community. When the used market becomes flooded, then the new machines sales will stall out as well. We are seeing the beginnings of that now, I believe...

Some of us 'get it for the rest there's a movie coming out for them...

#592 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

personally, i hope they become very unhappy.... a cold hard dose of reality is much overdue...

Happens in all markets/hobbies... It will be nothing new.

#604 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The flippers and the horders drove the used prices up so high that remakes became viable.

lol, yeah I'm sure a small handful did all that. Very very few flippers out there. They had virtually no effect on anything... it's a handy excuse some Pinsiders like to use though!

#606 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It only takes a few flippers to change a market .

Lol, whatever makes you feel better... that movie got here just in time!

#610 9 years ago

Same situation here in Ohio and Indiana, Alaska! Colorado! FLIPPERS! FLIPPERS! Everywhere! Ahhh, Ahhhhhh, Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Lol, ohhhh Pinside... Whatever helps you sleep at night.

#615 9 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

No, no. You just didn't understand what I was saying. Let me be more clear.

Good luck with that one some of these guys can't comprehend... No compute!

#626 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Teekee, help me understand. You don't own a BBB(original, remake, or whatever you want to call them)

No, I don't own a prototype Capcom BBB and I don't own an original production IPB BBB… I don't even own a MM but I'm in the market for a true HUO one and would also consider a HEP restored one. Hoping to get a decent deal on one at some point.

Quoted from Miguel351:

If you're not looking forward to buying a possible BBBR, what's it to you if PPS remakes them?

Remakes are bad for the long term health of the hobby. I have already talked about this numerous times… Saturating the market with more of the same from 20 years ago (10 years ago if you still feel BBBr will happen) and killing collector value will eventually kill NEW pinball. No way JJP and possibly Stern can survive and bring us new stuff if thousands of remakes flood the market and millions upon millions of dollars go towards them. Especially with collectors now leaving the market and taking their money with them. Its been discussed over and over…

Quoted from Miguel351:

What's the REAL reason behind all the hate and disgust for the IPB buyout by PPS and this whole possible/not possible BBBR talk? And be honest. I was. I just want to understand, that's all.

No hate for the PPS/IPB buyout… that's a great thing. I hope PPS concentrates on what they do best... supplying parts. If PPS really wants to get into the pin making business hopefully they do something new and create their own legacy…

#636 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Then they deserve to die.
Straight up, if you can't make new games in 2014 that are more attractive than a game from 20 years ago then go the f*** out of business already and curl up in the corner and die. The market will decide their fate. Whining about it on a message board for months on end won't change that one bit.

Fine, I understand, if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen. Competition is a good thing and if it puts someone else out of business so be it. I just don't consider this good competition for the hobby. I would find it very disappointing if Stern, JJP and others suffered because of a company like PPS living off the successes of others bringing nothing new to the hobby... just old rehashed stuff they had nothing to do with in the first place. I wonder if PPS could really compete with Stern, JJP and some of the other guys who put in the hard work and took the big risk. Could they really build a pin of their own? We'll probably never know and who can blame them... easy money.

Time to go write a book... hmmm, I got it! I will call it Tom Sawyer by Teekee Twain... don't worry I'll change a few words...

Quoted from pezpunk:

Seriously. If someone can come along and remake a car from 30 years ago that puts Ford out of business then it deserves to die.

Oh goodie, another car analogy! That usually solves everything!

#638 9 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Might be worth the read

It will be! I will have an LE version as well. It will be limited to one billion books and contain a high quality book mark. Unfortunately the Standard edition book won't come with that... Send money now!

#641 9 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Sounds like a real collector piece, if it ever gets finished I'll take the black leather hardbound option for mine.

Sorry, the LE sold out in seconds... there's now a long waiting list for the LE. but I still have the Standard edition.

#674 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

teekee what is your stance on STERN now re-releasing IM? STERN has re-released other machines correct (TSPP comes to mind)?

Smart on their part... easy money. More flooding of the market though. I think Stern may see what's happening and wants to make some easy money the next couple of years before it all blows up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
€ 24.00
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teekee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-illinois-pinball-ipb-cunningham-assets-acquired?tu=teekee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.