th-1-187.jpeg
th-584.jpeg
image.jpg
image-298.jpg
fa5a6f77803a2e30831f95ead6615d4f.jpg
om nom nom.JPG
image.jpg
CIMG5248.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Ohhh Pinside... so gullible, so naive... LOL!
No sign of MMr yet and many are already on to the 5th or 6th remake!
Did anyone send their deposit in yet for BBBr and Kingpin?

Teekee, I see you just listed your BBB for sale on Mr. Pinball. Are you selling to make room for the re-fake

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from beachybrid:

Sorry everyone for Bashing, Just thought it would be cool to have original titles thrown into the mix every other remake or so, but I'm in, sign me up for BBBr in 2016, CCr in 2017, and AFMr in 2020 . I would also like a fishtales for $500 - lets remake that Why do pinsiders take everything so seriously, I truly hope that PPS gets enough funding to do all of the above and more. More parts, more machines, more ideas = good for all. But does everything need to be remade? Cant we reproduce more toppers, more playfields, more parts that are impossible to find, I will buy a bbbr and ccr -count me in, plenty of time to buy/sell and save.

I would love to see PPS make original titles as well but can't see that happening for a number of reasons. The biggest reason would be that it would require PPS to assemble a full team of designers, programmers, engineers, sound and video people, etc. which would be a huge conflict of interest to Stern who does the assembly of PPS branded games. Stern wouldn't take too kindly to PPS if it sniped away any current or former employees from them and let's face it, the pool for talented pinball programmers/designers is pretty small.

What I could totally see happening would be for PPS to re-make the 5-6 titles that make financial sense to remake over the next 3-4 years. At that point I could see Rick making attempt to buy Stern Pinball and merging the two companies together. This happens all the time in other industries, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if this happened to pinball. This would give PPS full control of running both re-makes and original licensed or unlicensed titles. That's just how I see it in my crystal ball though. Things could fold out much differently in real life...

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from beachybrid:

Treveim - that makes sense. With that in mind, I hope that they could remake titles with up to date technology improving on them with new art or some kind of big add-ons.

I have a feeling they will. If they remake BBB I have a feeling it will use the same board system/led lighting as MMR. I would also guess that we'll see things like ColorDMD and Shaker support added to software and wouldn't be surprised if they added additional modes or playfield features like they are planning to do with WPC 2.0. I would also imagine that they would use WPC parts vs. re-making Capcom parts which is good news for the owners of IPB BBB games as the gameplay would be slightly different.-I like the feel of WPC flippers so it wouldn't be an issue for me. It would be a different game that's for sure but it would still be really cool to see as the theme/artwork on BBB is tough to beat. If they can improve on the gameplay/software and maybe do some cool/unique stuff with the lighting it would be a very tempting purchase for many of us!

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

The fact is whether it's an original title or one that was previously unfinished PPS will need to hire the above mentioned team regardless. The have the redesigned boardsets and OS, but those were specifically designed for one title. Each subsequent title will require a lot of the same engineering that went into MMr.

They'd still need a small team of mostly engineers and computer programmers, but it's not nearly as much work as coming up with an entirely new original pinball machine from scratch. On MMR they get the benefit of having a kick-ass Lyman Sheets rule-set without having to pay Lyman's salary and benefits. On BBB they can use Stan Fukuoka's awesome artwork without having to pay him for coming up with a whole new art package, etc.. The skill subset of the engineers/programmers that work for PPS is quite different than those employed by Stern. PPS is mostly about getting existing stuff to work in a new eco-system whereas Stern is mostly new content creation.

#482 9 years ago

There's no doubt in my mind that PPS will at least look into the feasibility of producing BBBR and KingpinR. Whether they deem the project worthy of pursuing has likely yet to be determined. Keep in mind though that the Capcom Rights are essentially worthless if they don't remake the games'. It simply isn't profitable to produce parts for a game that less than 200 are in existence. If you own an existing BBB and want new parts produced for your machine, you are likely SOL unless PPS remakes BBB. I don't know what PPS paid for Capcom Rights but if they want to see any kind of return on that investment they will have to remake Capcom games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.95
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-illinois-pinball-ipb-cunningham-assets-acquired?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.