th-1-187.jpeg
th-584.jpeg
image.jpg
image-298.jpg
fa5a6f77803a2e30831f95ead6615d4f.jpg
om nom nom.JPG
image.jpg
CIMG5248.JPG

There are 731 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.
#251 9 years ago

Tony thinks if he says it loud enough and enough times that he will change peoples beliefs. He is hoping this will buy him a few more months of flipping BBB for a profit. He is just a little sad because yet another game that was the life blood of his flipping has dried up.

#252 9 years ago

duplicate

#253 9 years ago

As much as you want...

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Tony thinks if he says it loud enough and enough times that he will change peoples beliefs. He is hoping this will buy him a few more months of flipping BBB for a profit. He is just a little sad because yet another game that was the life blood of his flipping has dried up.

At times I feel you may have some hope and actually know a few things but then reality sets in and I realize you don't know much at all...

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL ....c'mon! You own the game and are shit-talking it in hopes it doesn't get remade. If it's such a shallow unfun piece of crap, I'll happily take it off your hands for $8k, brotha! Think of all the deep fun you could have with $8k! Woooo!

I never said that Greg. I love pinball. I have never played a machine I did not like.

Quoted from Rarehero:

If Rommy cares about the value, he's in a great position...he hates the game - so - cash out!

I like every pin I have. What the hell are you talking about? Oh yeah out your ass again.

I "thought" someone like you with all your experience and knowledge might share with the rest of us your opinion on my question which you ignored - If they remake it could they update the rules? You, Greg, may have heard of CC. Well that machine had an incomplete ruleset and some industrious pinhead expanded on the rules creating what we refer to here as CCC. If BBB could have better rules it might be a better game. Right now it's really shallow - have you ever played one? It's really shallow Greg.

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Let me repeat... zero chance for a BBB remake.

What makes you so confident this will be true?

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What makes you so confident this will be true?

pinball flippers are as relevant as cassette tapes or typewriters nowadays. the hobby is passing these dinosaurs behind and they are still in a state of denial and unable to accept the new era dawning on this wonderful hobby.

flippers showed pps where the money is made and pps promptly took the cake away from them. i'd be flipping mad too if my cake was taken away with these refakes...

#258 9 years ago

....and the beat goes on....

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

....and the beat goes on....

yep, when they are beaten they resort to calling me a flipper and other things... no biggie, sorry to disappoint them with the news of no BBB remake... that's the way it goes. Still, you can certainly enjoy MMr and all the new titles coming from Stern and hopefully JJP.

Ok, commence with the name calling...

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Let me repeat... zero chance for a BBB remake.

If the chance is zero, you could lay me a million to one odds and never lose. Let's bet a dollar. If you win, you get a dollar. If I win, I get a million. Free dollar, right? Put your money where your mouth is.

#262 9 years ago

I want in on this action to. Teekee, what sort of odds are you giving?

If you are so confident then maybe this can be a replacement for the $ you are now losing on future sales of the original remake BBBs.

lets make this happen.

#263 9 years ago

teekee might be right about bbbr actually. he made a good point about the game in an earlier post. i would like his opinion on the possibility/feasibility of making kingpin. i have no interest in bbb but kingpin might be a worthy remake?

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

If the chance is zero, you could lay me a million to one odds and never lose. Let's bet a dollar. If you win, you get a dollar. If I win, I get a million. Free dollar, right? Put your money where your mouth is.

So that shows how confident you are... Lol, send me my dollar now.

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

teekee might be right about bbbr actually. he made a good point about the game in an earlier post. i would like his opinion on the possibility/feasibility of making Kingpin. i have no interest in bbb but Kingpin might be a worthy remake?

Kingpin is possible but not likely... I can say no more.

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

So that shows how confident you are... Lol, send me my dollar now.

I'm not that confident, but I only have to be right one in a million times for this to be a good bet. Call me crazy, I'll risk it.

Do we have a bet? Say the word, and I'll send my dollar now. If PPS ever makes BBB, you ship the million.

If we don't have a bet, I guess it's better than zero chance after all.

#267 9 years ago

If he does not take the bet then we all see the reality that is Tony. the sad sad reality of a flipper gone mad ;(

#268 9 years ago

Im ready to buy BBBr & KPr......

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm not that confident, but I only have to be right one in a million times for this to be a good bet. Call me crazy, I'll risk it.
Do we have a bet? Say the word, and I'll send my dollar now. If PPS ever makes BBB, you ship the million.
If we don't have a bet, I guess it's better than zero chance after all.

Its a goofy bet and you know it... Zero chance BBB gets remade. Let's each put a million down on the bet. I'm not going to do something like this for a buck. Or we can do a thousand... PM if you're game for a REAL bet.

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

As much as you want...

Sure, hows this;

By the time PP releases its 10th remake, if there is not another remake of BBB by then I will buy you that 10th machine & pay for shipping.

If, however the BBB is remade before then you will buy it for me and ship it to the UK, paying all shipping and import duty.

Are you in?

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Its a goofy bet and you know it... Zero chance BBB gets remade. Let's each put a million down on the bet. I'm not going to do something like this for a buck. Or we can do a thousand... PM if you're game for a REAL bet.

So you are saying you are not so confident anymore?

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Sure, hows this;
By the time PP releases its 10th remake, if there is not another remake of BBB by then I will buy you that 10th machine & pay for shipping.
If, however the BBB is remade before then you will buy it for me and ship it to the UK, paying all shipping and import duty.
Are you in?

This sounds like a very fair bet, but I would move it down to the 5th remake.

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Sure, hows this;
Are you in?

10th remake? LOL, what are you guys smoking? You guys are dreamers. I am done playing your games. Sorry this is reality but there will be plenty of other cool games on the way. Believe what you want just don't throw yourselves out of a window when it doesn't happen...

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This sounds like a very fair bet, but I would move it down to the 5th remake.

lets not get ahead of ourselves. the first "remake" hasnt seen light of day yet.

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

10th remake? LOL, what are you guys smoking? You guys are dreamers. I am done playing your games. Sorry this is reality but there will be plenty of other cool games on the way. Believe what you want just don't throw yourselves out of a window when it doesn't happen...

You own words 'Keep dreaming… zero chance for a BBB remake'.

So in fact I could go 5, 10, 12, 16 or 20 remakes.... As 'zero' means never!

It will happen, as I said maybe not #2, #3 or even #4 but I'm sure it will be before their tenth remake.

As another user posted you're so sure it will never happen in that case 'any' bet is good for you!

So are you in or not?

#276 9 years ago

Sooooooo...how bout' those Mets??

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Let's each put a million down on the bet.

That's not how odds work. If we each put up the same amount, that's 1-to-1, or a 50% chance. You said zero chance. A million to one is .0001%. I'm giving you better than zero!

Quoted from teekee:

I'm not going to do something like this for a buck. Or we can do a thousand... PM if you're game for a REAL bet.

Let's bet in the open so there's a record and everyone can hold us to it.

#278 9 years ago

Not to derail this GREAT thread, but...

Quoted from Barron:

I'm waiting for PPS to announce that they're the ones that are taking over Pinball Inc.'s ramp business. That's what I wanna talk about.

Quoted from LTG:

Somebody else already did I think.
LTG : )™

Twisted Pins announced the acquisition of Pinball Inc.? I know they said they were entering the "ramp arena", but it would be pretty interesting if James sold his company to them given the spat that took place several months back over a joint production between the two.

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Its a goofy bet and you know it... Zero chance BBB gets remade.

What's your concrete proof? You need to offer more than bluster if you want anyone to believe a word you say. Did you buy the Capcom rights just to squash the chance of a remake?

If Gene could buy the rights and remake the game with a rag-tag group of hobbyists, what's stopping PPS from remaking it with their new emulation/board technology & Stern's factory? They bought IPB for a reason...BBB and/or KP would seem to be the most logical asset to capitalize on.

#280 9 years ago

I hope Kingpin doesnt get remade, I played it once, had a good game and then never cared too much about the game other than saying I played it once. BBB would be the better choice or perhaps Red Line Fever, or an original title pin. I never thought Capcom games were so desired. Given the option, wouldnt a popular Williams title be more desirable than a Capcom should they both cost 8k NIB.

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I like every pin I have. What the hell are you talking about? Oh yeah out your ass again.
I "thought" someone like you with all your experience and knowledge might share with the rest of us your opinion on my question which you ignored - If they remake it could they update the rules? You, Greg, may have heard of CC. Well that machine had an incomplete ruleset and some industrious pinhead expanded on the rules creating what we refer to here as CCC. If BBB could have better rules it might be a better game. Right now it's really shallow - have you ever played one? It's really shallow Greg.

In regards to BBB's rules, I'm indifferent to an update. It's a complete game, yes? Bug free? Clearly it was awesome enough for 200 people to order it from Gene and awesome enough to change hands now for $20k. I dunno, wouldn't an "improved" ruleset piss off IPB BBB owners even more as it would make their version obsolete?

Look, if it had 2-games-in-1 like BOP 2.0, I certainly wouldn't complain...but I think the game as-is is solid, fun, and desirable.

#282 9 years ago

So here's a possible statement. People are pushing the bbbr speculation so they can hope a current owner of the game bails for a more reasonable price. That could be a fact?
Either way glad Rick will continue to make more of something, parts, games, what ever it will be

#283 9 years ago

Maybe Rick bought a BBB then bought the rights to BBB so no remakes could be made and have the value of his BBB go up.

#284 9 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

Twisted Pins announced the acquisition of Pinball Inc.? I know they said they were entering the "ramp arena", but it would be pretty interesting if James sold his company to them given the spat that took place several months back over a joint production between the two.

I know nothing of the situation between them, but I will just say that James was seen at the Twisted Pins booth at PAGG having pleasant conversations. Make of that what you will.

#285 9 years ago

The journey is the reward.

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Gene's BBB's were $4500 and never were sold as a Limited Edition.

Actually, they were. Gene said specifically they would not run BBB again. Obviously he can't prevent future owners of Capcom's rights from running them, but Gene very much intended it to be limited to his run.

Greg, you weren't there, so stop talking like you were

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

So here's a possible statement. People are pushing the bbbr speculation so they can hope a current owner of the game bails for a more reasonable price. That could be a fact?
Either way glad Rick will continue to make more of something, parts, games, what ever it will be

Here is a very real statement.

There are very few reasons why anyone would buy up all the crap that Gene had, and those motivations are to get and use the few gems to make more $$$.

You do the math, there is a reason that PPS can over the top with an offer large enough to buy it all at once. The reason was not to buy 400 junk games to flip for a small profit.

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

Rick buys a BBB and then acquires all rights to it. Coincidence?? I think not. It will get remade.

He bought a lot more than BBB rights

#289 9 years ago

It would be much more expensive to repro Kingpin because according to Gene, he never got the CAD drawings for the game.

So each part needs to be completely drawn, before any parts can be manufactured.

Yes, I know there are laser scanners nowadays, but all the scanned objects still have to be cleaned up and finished "by hand" in Solidworks or Catia.

BBB on the other hand, has complete CAD and artwork drawings ready to go.

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Gene said specifically they would not run BBB again. Obviously he can't prevent future owners of Capcom's rights from running them

Exactly.

Just like if PPS bought Stern, they would probably renew the license, and make another 500 TRONLEs right off the bat.

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

Not to derail this GREAT thread, but...

haha. :/

i don't know if BBB is getting remade. but i do know teekee doesn't know either.

#292 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i don't know if BBB is getting remade. but i do know teekee doesn't know either.

I agree and like teekee. But safe to say he needs that rumor squelched at least long enough to unload some games. Very understandable position. Say what you want but he always had access to great games when someone needed one and provided great service. While its great to have the remakes it is sad to enjoy it at someones expense.

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

yep, when they are beaten they resort to calling me a flipper and other things... no biggie, sorry to disappoint them with the news of no BBB remake... that's the way it goes. Still, you can certainly enjoy MMr and all the new titles coming from Stern and hopefully JJP.
Ok, commence with the name calling...

No name calling but if 1000 BBB's were made - SE - special Edition at $8000, that is $8000000 on the table.

Give me one good reason why it won't get made as they could sell 1000. Make it strictly limited to 1000 though.

There would have to be a legal document that cannot be reversed for it NOT to happen!

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I don't think it's that nefarious....but there's a psychology loop at play here. With Gene owning the rights, there was a guarantee no more BBB's would be made. That guarantee is now gone, and the guy who's already remade a high-value game now holds all the cards. We may not get a denial or confirmation for years....but knowing there's a chance (MMr is proof of concept), it's going to be much more difficult today to find a person to spend tons on a BBB than it was yesterday.

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from swedishc:

Even if they need to get the rights to use Christopher Lloyd's likeness, that is possible and I bet it wouldn't cost too much. I worked with him on the BTTF video games, and he was awesome to work with.

The heck.....you work @ Telltale? I thought your avatar looked familiar, now it makes sense...

#296 9 years ago
Quoted from beachybrid:

I am fully aware remakes cant be feasible under 6k-8k whichever.

Easily feasible. AFM for one could be made the most cheaply. You cannot tell me it costs more to make AFM, than it's similar brother of SM, which was selling a few years back under $5k, with much more stuff. I have AFM and love it, but lift the PF, there isn't a lot of mech going on. One of the lightest PF's.

I bet out of all the possible choices, that would be the cheapest to make, and could be done feasibly for very little respectively – and no license to boot.

#297 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

and no license to boot.

Except for Williams. I do believe they get a piece of the pie.

LTG : )™

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from beachybrid:

I am fully aware remakes cant be feasible under 6k-8k whichever.

They could be made for that.

Even "complicated" WOZ wholesales for $5500 - not too far from the mark and that game requires a license.

Because PPS now owns Capcom Pinball, PPS won't even have to get any approvals, licenses, or permissions like they did from Williams for MMr.

#299 9 years ago

Maybe someone can make a TeekeeR, send him back in time Terminator style, and retcon this thread.

#300 9 years ago

I love this, "I know something you don't know, nanny nanny boo boo" type shit.

Quoted from teekee:

Kingpin is possible but not likely... I can say no more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
16,500 (OBO)
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 731 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-illinois-pinball-ipb-cunningham-assets-acquired/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.