(Topic ID: 275641)

ANN: I'm Selling 15 years of My Keeper Playfields

By KevinCPR

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

00559645-DEAB-47BF-926C-6CD7938316FB (resized).jpeg
    B602C8AB-37C0-4F96-9ADF-390DE6704C90 (resized).jpeg
    50EBDE64-C078-4087-BDA1-F78F0C9BD2E9 (resized).jpeg
    829f2.jpg
    7D2AF198-379D-4D32-9294-34386493432E (resized).jpeg
    fathompf00.jpg
    screen-capture-12 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200822-075247_eBay (resized).jpg
    9947EC8F-0884-472F-B2E8-5C3DBE289F54 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

How is it an auction when you start your price at $800, why not just sell them on Pinside and save you and the community money?

Agree. These are largely priced at or above market for many of these title for starting bid.

They also lack any CPR rating which means by random draw you are going to possibly get a dud or possibly get a gold level.

I suppose a few of these are priced to sell, but none of them are priced to get interest. Missed the whole point of an auction.

Kevin, I suggest pulling all your auctions and just listing on Pinside with BIN prices
    Save the fees and make is easy on all.

#36 3 years ago

I have decided the CPR team is the most verbose of all pinball businesses

Nothing wrong with that... I say it as a guy that often also uses too many damn words.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Another newb question.....are cpr pf’s completely drilled and dimpled on both sides? I’ve only swapped a Mirco (i think it was Mirco - AFM) and a JJP pf swap which were both pre drilled and dimpled.

for a bit more clarity and some important protips...

While they are drilled and dimpled, I am yet to find a pf (from anyone) that does not have an incorrect drill or dimple.
    I have done quite a few pf swaps and in all cases you need to take your time and check/double check all placement. Some things have been way off and are obvious errors (it happens... but they will always claim it is normal variance). Just measure and fix as needed. CPR is still BY FAR the best in the business (it is not even close to be honest).

Also worth mention that CPR topside holes and dimples are commonly filled in with ink and clear so can be completely buried and need to be measure in some cases. They are there, but can be shallow and then filled.

Just need to remember, there is no such thing as a perfect pf. Be happy for what we have and thankful to CPR for having the best product out there (despite me still being pissed that they completely biffed the last screen printed pf; Meteor; by completely forgetting a layer of text )

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Yeah, you can't "disagree" with factory pantone colors. You're just wrong. If you like it wrong, that's fine.

I would say he technically is disagreeing with what was written on some old notes and nobody really knows what they actually used to print with...
    We also know there is tremendous variation back in the day, so nobody was very precise in their mixing back then either.

Personally I dont care if Fathom is different because it looks way better in Blue to me.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

But that's the thing... they aren't some kind of random "old notes" found in a drawer somewhere. They are the original factory film positives, with the information included right on them. Which is what the screen printers followed. I could go to storage and drag out the tube with the Fathom films, and take pictures of the notations on every layer, but that's getting a bit overkill for this thread.
    I can, however, direct people back to the debate about the green we used on Addams Family playfields... which some would just not accept... and 2 years ago I did take pix of the original green film positive and posted it here. Plus the Pantone swatch book. Plus the actual lab swatch of the ink we used. Oddly enough, some were still not in agreement. LOL
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-taf-addams-family-playfield-announced/page/8#post-3975234
    But that is what you find on the original films. The actual layer of the artwork itself, the number (print order) of layer in the color stack, and the name of the color you are supposed to use (Pantone/PMS - same thing). Printing any colors other than those would be... simply wrong. The original films are judge, jury, and executioner. So we DO actually know what colors were intended. There is no debate to be had over colors, if you have the complete original film set. Which for many titles over the years, we were lucky to get.

You are making the assumption that those notes were followed , no changes at last minute, etc...

Reality is that you followed the notes you had.

Reality is that the colors on fathom are all over the place. CPR are great, but also look nothing like anyone has ever seen or remembers. Yellowing cleat? Loss or memory? Does not really matter was the point.

Nobody knows 100% unless you were the screen printer back in the day that did the work.

Again, CPR blue looks great.

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

And you’re making the assumption that the notes were not followed. The difference here is you’re going on your intuition, He’s going by the actual documentation. Who’s more right? Well in this case, my vote goes to the guy with documentation

Nah, I am going off the opinion of years and years of pinheads that all say Fathom was never that blue.

I personally played fathom in the early 90s and don’t remember that blue.

I also own tons of bally games from early 80s and none have yellowed clear to the level it would take to change that blue hue to the green we all know.
    Reality is that screening, ink composition, technique was all different 40 years ago. All those things likely contribute to why consistently we see different reproduction colors than what old games had.

Again, reality is... the blue looks better. That is what matters.

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

All those PF end in 5-6 hours. Will be interesting to see where they end up.

How many end with zero bids is my question.

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from Completist:

I was asking myself the same thing. But i think they will all sell. 5 day auction will come down to the last 5 mins. But we shall see!

Yeah eBay is all about the snipe bid

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

[quoted image]

Let’s see the cab colors!

#120 3 years ago

Congrats on the sales!

#124 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

I was high bid on Diner all week, until less that one minute before the end, and a pretty high max bid. Not high enough. My first real bid on Ebay. I learned a cruel, but invaluable lesson today.

lesson is NEVER bod on ebay without a sniper account.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-i-m-selling-15-years-of-my-keeper-playfields?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.