(Topic ID: 275641)

ANN: I'm Selling 15 years of My Keeper Playfields

By KevinCPR

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

00559645-DEAB-47BF-926C-6CD7938316FB (resized).jpeg
    B602C8AB-37C0-4F96-9ADF-390DE6704C90 (resized).jpeg
    50EBDE64-C078-4087-BDA1-F78F0C9BD2E9 (resized).jpeg
    829f2.jpg
    7D2AF198-379D-4D32-9294-34386493432E (resized).jpeg
    fathompf00.jpg
    screen-capture-12 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200822-075247_eBay (resized).jpg
    9947EC8F-0884-472F-B2E8-5C3DBE289F54 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Might be a dumb question but I always wondered why nobody offers a replacement play field with "all" the play field holes drilled out?

If you're talking about them just being "dimpled" instead of drilled, I prefer it that way. I've swapped several CPR and NOS PF's. While in both cases 90% of the dimples are spot on, there can be issues. I've learned the hard way to just install a single screw or bolt on kick-out assemblies, slingshots etc. CPR is actively buying game used PF's to ensure the dimpling is as close as possible because even NOS PF's weren't always correct which they initially used.

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Metal lane guides are not even dimpled a lotbof the time as well

I had one where after fully assembling it the 1st ball up the shooter lane got stuck because a pre-dimpled lane guide was off.

Try swapping a completely undimpled PF, got a Xenon like that in 2001, long before repro's were available. Had to make quadrant sheets with clear plastic film to locate everyone. Horrible. Well over 100 hours in that one.

#61 3 years ago

Keep this in mind people for those who nit pick CPR's offerings, they changed the landscape of restoring a game.

Before CPR, I would have have to buy 2-3 of the same title (games were a lot cheaper then), build one nice "keeper" from the different PF's, BG's and plastics. Then sell off the others with the lesser parts on them. I'd search for NOS parts at shows. My Xenon PF was found in Germany. It had a scratch near a slingshot. Bought it on eBay (2001) and had it shipped to a restorer who did the touch ups and cleared it. Then shipped to me. In those many months when I got it, it was warped 3/4" from corner to corner. Also picked a totally stripped Xenon just for dimpling, another complete for parts for the swap so I could keep playing mine. Spent many hours drilling it, installed rails and it was still warped to hell. Got frustrated and stuck it under my pool table and didn't touch it for many years. When I pulled it out it had gotten straight, rails and time did it.

Bottom line is I had several $100's more in that PF then the 1st CPR repro release plus many hours dimpling it.

We have it made now bringing classic games back to life.

#62 3 years ago

The Fathom just passed 1K. I'd love a Fathom and considered buying this PF. But with a production run of 3500 worldwide, maybe 2.5K or less are left. Finding a unrestored Fathom that needs a PF is damn near impossible. People don't sell them cause it's such a good game. Same with FG although with 10K produced they pop up now and then. I finally got a reasonably priced one after 2 years of looking. Even EBD with 3 versions is drying up in the "project" condition. Same with Centaur,

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

i think i may have bought a game from you!

Quite possible. I have sold my share over the last 20 years.

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

What’s the story with the different colours on Fathom pf’s. My original is much more green than this cpr one. Is it just age changing the colour?

Bally used several PF suppliers back in the day. Plus internet pics never look correct. Age usually dulls colors, never enhances them.

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

I dug out an old comparison pic that used to be on our web site over a decade ago:

What a difference. Thanks for posting.

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Another newb question.....are cpr pf’s completely drilled and dimpled on both sides? I’ve only swapped a Mirco (i think it was Mirco - AFM) and a JJP pf swap which were both pre drilled and dimpled.

Yes

#91 3 years ago

All those PF end in 5-6 hours. Will be interesting to see where they end up.

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

After much thought, I've decided to sell (almost) my entire personal stash of legacy CPR playfields.

Can buyers get the standard $100 bundle plastic sets with a PF purchase? You can add the cost to shipping charge.

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah eBay is all about the snipe bid

Of course it is. Why start a bidding war, put you max in in the last 3 seconds and see if you win.

#97 3 years ago
    Quoted from Completist:

But i think they will all sell.

I think not. But we'll see.

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from Clnilsen:

Definitely going to be an advantage for the pacific time zone people. I’m not staying up late for that.

Auctionsniper works quite well. Bid your max and wake up to the results. Oh, avoid the EBD I want that one.

#132 3 years ago

Every early Bally solid state title sold, many for the price of an unrestored working game or clean project. Shows the lasting interest in those games.

#135 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Free to make good bids or stupid bids

I don't understand why any bid would be stupid? If a bidder wants to pay what they think it's worth, more power to them. If you have the $$ and want that item, go for it. That's the definition of an "auction". Many items sell for way more than I'd pay all the time on eBay. But the last of the last silkscreened PF's except those in private hands? What did you expect? Definite market as proven.

#137 3 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

I'm pretty happy, and these are all going to live out their lives with owners that will likely use them in a game

That's is the point of why CPR went into business in the first place, Yes?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-i-m-selling-15-years-of-my-keeper-playfields?tu=tomdrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.