(Topic ID: 275641)

ANN: I'm Selling 15 years of My Keeper Playfields

By KevinCPR

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

00559645-DEAB-47BF-926C-6CD7938316FB (resized).jpeg
    B602C8AB-37C0-4F96-9ADF-390DE6704C90 (resized).jpeg
    50EBDE64-C078-4087-BDA1-F78F0C9BD2E9 (resized).jpeg
    829f2.jpg
    7D2AF198-379D-4D32-9294-34386493432E (resized).jpeg
    fathompf00.jpg
    screen-capture-12 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200822-075247_eBay (resized).jpg
    9947EC8F-0884-472F-B2E8-5C3DBE289F54 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freddy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 3 years ago

Just takes two !

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

This has been a common question since 2004. Yes, the colors on nearly all Fathom playfields have shifted so badly over the last 40 years. The greeny-looking playfields of today are simply the wrong colors now. Most forget that Fathom is a blue-based game... not green.
    People were shocked when they saw the first Fathom repro playfields back in 2004. Each specific Pantone color was noted on the original factory films - and printed as such. So the resulting look was exactly what Bally intended, and how the games looked NIB back in 1981. It's amazing what decades of yellowing can do to a playfield (yellow + blue = green).
    I dug out an old comparison pic that used to be on our web site over a decade ago:
    [quoted image]

I totally disagree
    I’ll leave it at that!

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

You are making the assumption that those notes were followed , no changes at last minute, etc...
    Reality is that you followed the notes you had.
    Reality is that the colors on fathom are all over the place. CPR are great, but also look nothing like anyone has ever seen or remembers. Yellowing cleat? Loss or memory? Does not really matter was the point.
    Nobody knows 100% unless you were the screen printer back in the day that did the work.
    Again, CPR blue looks great.

This exactly!

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

I'll beat the dead horse one last time. LOL
    Look at the flyer. Studio shots of the game in 1980. There is your time machine. It's a blue game. Now the flyer photography is definitely funky looking a bit, because the oldschool RGB-looking offset printing from the 80's is extremely oversaturated and high contrast... but regardless of that, it's obvious the game wasn't seafoam greeny. No way.
    Also look at the pop bumper caps.
    Also look at the lanes covers.
    Also look at the drop targets.
    Also look at the apron.
    Also look at the cab paint.
    Also look at the rails paint.
    Also look at the backglass color scheme.
    Even the "matching" text color on the flyer for the company logo and address.

Amen.
    [quoted image]

Printers ink!
    Much like paint chips at MAB not exactly like what’s in the can!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freddy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-i-m-selling-15-years-of-my-keeper-playfields?tu=freddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.