DSC00791.JPG
347355-i.jpg
347354-i.jpg
347353-i.jpg
347352-i.jpg
347351-i.jpg
347350-i.jpg
347349-i.jpg

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

Have you swapped out the Fire! playfield yet?

RE: (I hope it's at least half as good as the Fire! playfield I have). That playfield rocks!!!

#52 9 years ago

Stu...

My problem is, I have a ton of projects to get to...but I keep buying "new projects"...LOL

#53 9 years ago

Ditto. Have to figure out what to work on next.

#54 9 years ago

Thanks Larry.....

Quoted from lrosent345:

{I thought these were supposed to be done by the end of last year.
It seems Starship fantasy is off to a REALLY slow start after taking over for pinball inc.
I wonder what's up w/ that?}

Here's what's up with that. James Loflin from Pinball, Inc will be the lead engineer for the production of new titles including Bad Cats. The transition from Pinball Inc to Starship Fantasy actually went quite well. The thermoforming company outside of Atlanta didn't do well with the transition. From November 4th until January 7th, they were unable to produce any ramps. This has led to an unacceptable amount of out of stock ramps.

While I could have made more money producing the Bad Cats ramps I felt an obligation to my distributors to continue to produce the core products before introducing new products. I am praying that all the difficulties with the thermoforming company have been solved.
They are producing ramps as we speak. As soon as core products, Addams Family as an example, are back in stock, we will slip in Bad Cats. Hopefully with in 2 to 3 months.

#55 9 years ago

That is disappointing considering that TAF ramps have been available but BC and others not for a long time. While i can understand wanting ti stock popular games, getting someting out with a playfield release makes a lot of sense. Oh well, hopefully these will be ready before summer. Would be nice to see a bit more emphasis on getting out products that have been unobtanium first. Thanks for the info.

#56 9 years ago

I agree...and I have been after Larry for months now to get the BC ramps out so that he could ride the coat-tails of the playfield release, it just hasn't worked out that way....But be patient, Larry's on top of it & he will get them released....

#57 9 years ago

Till then ill focus on the other fifty pin related projects i have

#58 9 years ago

These are available...(just in time for the playfield/plastics release):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-badcats-plastic-protectors

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

CPR plastics are made of PETg which is virtually indestructible so plastic protectors really are not needed, however, I guess you can never have enough protection? 2 Condoms better than 1? LOL

#60 9 years ago

I got mine today. I am picky but not anal about condition. In my eyes the quality of this one is outstanding. I will know more when I actually do the swap but I did not notice any issues that concerned me. Nice job CPR!

#61 9 years ago

I'm wondering when I'll hear that mine has shipped.

Paid in full over 2 weeks ago.

#62 9 years ago

Are the emails still going out?

#63 9 years ago

yes

#64 9 years ago

Received my BC playfield and it is amazing. Reading here that the ramps will be made sooner or later is also great news, as my Fishbowl ramp needs replacement.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I got mine today. I am picky but not anal about condition. In my eyes the quality of this one is outstanding. I will know more when I actually do the swap but I did not notice any issues that concerned me. Nice job CPR!

Ah, you managed to pick up a Bad Cats for yourself finally? Congrats!

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Ah, you managed to pick up a Bad Cats for yourself finally? Congrats!

Not yet. I am getting my old one back.

#67 9 years ago

Some pics:

347349-i.jpg347349-i.jpg 347350-i.jpg347350-i.jpg 347351-i.jpg347351-i.jpg 347352-i.jpg347352-i.jpg 347353-i.jpg347353-i.jpg 347354-i.jpg347354-i.jpg 347355-i.jpg347355-i.jpg
#68 9 years ago

I Lucked out and Snagged a PF from PPS last night, I see they already sold out! I missed the boat on
CPR's list, but just pumped my BC is getting a new playfield, Had to order new Cab decals and plastics too. There are going to be some nice looking Bad Cats around now Thanks Stu for the great artwork on this one

#69 9 years ago

Were the PPS ones from CPR? I am still waiting on my email from CPR. Would suck if I don't get an email and I missed out on the PPS ones.

#70 9 years ago

Got one yesterday. Looks perfect. Got the plastics too, also great. Now I need a game...

#71 9 years ago

Glad you're happy with it....it was my 1st ever playfield project with CPR 6 years ago.....

Quoted from 80spit:

Thanks Stu for the great artwork on this one

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Were the PPS ones from CPR? I am still waiting on my email from CPR. Would suck if I don't get an email and I missed out on the PPS ones.

Yep they were, I figured they would get a few, seems PPS always gets some of the williams titles since
they own the rights. Got to watch the PPS forums , it was announced there first.

#73 9 years ago

I sent full payment to CPR on 1/2/15.

Haven't heard a word from them since.

I hope I didn't miss out on getting a "gold"

I've been on the pre-order for well over 2 years.

#74 9 years ago

I'd love to see Comet's PF get redone. It is so detailed it would probably take forever to do though, I know my airbrush job was a good 30+ hrs at least, mostly frisketing out all the people, so vectorizing it would be hellish if the original screens are MIA. Also the ramp... I don't think I've seen one that isn't cracked somewhere.

#75 9 years ago

As a new owner of a Comet with a trashed PF, I feel ya defog.

I'm hoping they will announce a pre-order at some point. I've got plenty to do in the meantime, but I'm going to get to a place eventually where the PF is holding the entire machine back.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I sent full payment to CPR on 1/2/15.
Haven't heard a word from them since.
I hope I didn't miss out on getting a "gold"
I've been on the pre-order for well over 2 years.

It took me a few days to get a tracking update (though now I can't find it in my g-mail for some reason!) despite having heard from Kevin about it. From my understanding there may have been a couple bronzes from this run but the vast majority were golds.

#77 9 years ago

I don't know anything about what it takes to make a copy or restoration of a pf, but I see stu talking about his art work, and on the cpr website I see artwork by stu, but the original person who did the real artwork and concept is never credited and mentioned. I am not trying to bust balls, but for years I have been waiting for one of the guys who actually did the art for the pf to mention that it is his art.

I am just thinking of what it would be like to be in the artist shoes when everyone is saying how good the art looks.
something to think about

#78 9 years ago

Without the new "vector" Artwork there wouldn't be any playfields, so CPR credits the artist that actually Draws the Vector Artwork that we use in the production of the board. CPR would never discredit the original artist that did the "original" artwork, however, the original artist really had nothing to do with the new repro boards other than us using their 'repro' art from a scan that we did. I say 'repro' because the original artist didn't actually paint or draw the board that we scanned, we scanned a board that was a Bally/Williams "reproduction" of the original artists work.

signed,
balls busted

#79 9 years ago

Like I said , I wasn't tryin to bust balls, and its not personal. Just something that I notice. The work I do is paint by numbers, that's why I don't sign restorations. I didn't do the work and I would be pissed if someone signed my art.

#80 9 years ago

the CPR artists don't sign the vector art either....We never claim to be the "Original Artist" just the artist that spent hundreds of hours creating the Vector Artwork that makes it possible for people to by "reproduction" parts.....

#81 9 years ago

I didn't say you sign them, it says artwork by stu on the website. that's what I said. do you sleep on a cross, you seem to want to be a martyr so bad. whats with the duct tape on your mouth? Must be a joke I missed. well this didn't get resolved, so I will let it die, and go back to work. Thanks for all the great work you guys do.
cheers, ron

#82 9 years ago

Have a Bad Cats for sale in Denver. Perfer a local sale. PM me if interested. ...

#83 9 years ago

I heard back from Kevin today,

Someone at CPR "dropped the ball" when it came to shipping my playfield.

Kevin said it should have shipped 1 1/2 weeks ago.

Supposed to ship out today.

Can't wait to see how Stu did on the playfield.

I know he did a killer job on Fire!

#84 9 years ago

Be gentle, this was my first attempt at a playfield.....

Quoted from indypinhead:

Can't wait to see how Stu did on the playfield.

#85 9 years ago

I'm on the pre-order list but have not been contacted yet... Hoping that I didn't get deleted off the list! Anyone know how long it takes for CPR to go through the pre-orders? I don't want to miss out on this.

#86 9 years ago

Got mine yesterday and WOW, Looks fantastic....

#87 9 years ago

meow
meow
meow
meow

#88 9 years ago

Seaaafoooooodd

#89 9 years ago

1 thing I did want to make note of on this playfield:
I was pretty anal about the fact that on the original playfields the Seafood Window Graphics ( Net/Pole ) never really lined up correctly with the board Graphics, so I had Kevin do some test cuts with the laser and fit it for proper alignment, test cut/fit. etc. prior to laser cutting the entire run of windows. Turns out my scan/artwork was just 4.3 degrees off center, so it was pretty easy for Kevin to rotate the Cut-Line, Test Fit, and then Laser all the Windows so that they match correctly.....

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

1 thing I did want to make note of on this playfield:
I was pretty anal about the fact that on the original playfields the Seafood Window Graphics ( Net/Pole ) never really lined up correctly with the board Graphics, so I had Kevin do some test cuts with the laser and fit it for proper alignment, test cut/fit. etc. prior to laser cutting the entire run of windows. Turns out my scan/artwork was just 4.3 degrees off center, so it was pretty easy for Kevin to rotate the Cut-Line, Test Fit, and then Laser all the Windows so that they match correctly.....

That's great to know, When I got my BC my seafood wheel was not working, (wired wrong) by previous owner. I must have spent 2 hrs trying to line it up with the net. Then I finally realized this
is a stepper motor and is looking for the plastic stop on the wheel So no adjustment possible. I think it was planned that way because when you stand back and play it kind of lines up on an angle but looking
directly down, its way off. Glad this was corrected

#91 9 years ago

Just got mine! What a beauty. I've had two other CPR playfields, but both were silvers I think. This gold is just amazing. Registration looks perfect, clear looks great - even and smooth. Thanks Stu and Kevin and Mike and everyone else at CPR. It'll be a while before it goes in my machine (ramps, order decals and new posts) but I am going to have a beautiful Bad Cats before the summer is over (if ramps are done by then).

#92 9 years ago

Mine came today too.

Looks great, except that my playfield has a dented upper left corner.

It looks as though someone had dropped it.

I can also see the wood grain coming thru the white areas of the upper playfield.

I'm kind of surprised my playfield was rated "gold".

I'm not as happy with this one as I was w/ my Fire! playfield. This one, to me, seems more like a bronze grade playfield.

#93 9 years ago

Was late to join the list but really hope to get one as I have a game waiting for it. Fingers crossed

#94 9 years ago

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but it appears that CPR figured out the "crackling" inserts issue. Every insert on my new BC playfield is perfectly clear. Big thanks to Stu, Kevin and the rest of CPR team on a fantastic job with these pfs.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Was late to join the list but really hope to get one as I have a game waiting for it. Fingers crossed

I was also near the end of the preorder list, I think I signed up about 3-4 weeks before it closed. Just got my email. Can't wait to tear into my game this spring.

#96 9 years ago

I rec'vd my BC's playfield... it is BEAUTIFUL!!! Eye Candy to say the least!

Thanks Kevin and Stu.

Kerry

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from scottself:

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but it appears that CPR figured out the "crackling" inserts issue. Every insert on my new BC playfield is perfectly clear. Big thanks to Stu, Kevin and the rest of CPR team on a fantastic job with these pfs.

No.

#98 9 years ago

yep, we did a ton of R&D and came up with a nice solution to the problem that has plagued playfields for 35+ years.....Actually we implemented the process right after Taxi ( I think it was right after Taxi ), either way, you won't see crackling inserts anymore on CPR Playfields...

Quoted from scottself:

it appears that CPR figured out the "crackling" inserts issue.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

yep, we did a ton of R&D and came up with a nice solution to the problem that has plagued playfields for 35+ years.....Actually we implemented the process right after Taxi ( I think it was right after Taxi ), either way, you won't see crackling inserts anymore on CPR Playfields...

Really? Because I could've sworn that it was previously stated that you guys had no way to know which inserts would crackle or not.

Would have thought you would've made some more noise about it, that's a pretty big deal.

I expect it's probably "trade secret" at this point, but it sure would be nice to know if it's a end-user replicateable process for people that are having to replace crapped inserts, especially hotdogs, and then reclearing..

#100 9 years ago

My guess is these inserts came from a different supplier of a different method was used to make them. They have some round nubs on them that I haven't noticed in the past.

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-cpr-bad-cats-playfields/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.