(Topic ID: 270920)

ANN: CENTAUR COLOR @ CPR - Stunning or Sacrilege?

By KevinCPR

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by thierryv
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ECCF49DE-2AB8-4E63-B1C8-4C6A6EAC0766 (resized).jpeg
F5ADAA19-90F8-44A9-9831-6280718B5818 (resized).jpeg
744E82D1-5801-4877-A4B4-59ABAE35F0CB (resized).jpeg
D3E2B7AF-DFB3-49F9-8229-42B57EAE6D64 (resized).jpeg
E30E87EE-90A7-4005-B9D3-2F9A593B2DA7 (resized).jpeg
7F87BF73-05B3-4CC5-BD07-6EA175360EB0 (resized).jpeg
020EEBB6-A54C-43C6-BBF5-F21305546752 (resized).jpeg
shrekira-shakira-shrek-meme (resized).jpg
IMG_10471.jpg
IMG_10481.jpg
Shrektaur 2.jpg
Orcs.jpg
oIlTErK.jpg
kjrQPDv.jpg
370-C.png
Prog_i (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rustylizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

So I guess I *WILL* have to pop back in. So screw it, I'll go balls deep too. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder or something. Repeated posting. Most have given their general opinions - and that's fine. One and done. You take it further here, into a direct attack on me. Hope it feels satisfying. You got your dig. Yum yum yum, that must have tasted good when you hit "Send Post"
Maybe you need to know a little more about fictional characters like these. I did a ton of research into the looks of these characters - did you? I could easily say back to you - "anyone who sees a green centaur and immediately thinks Shrek has no eye for art or color". Dude, the whole decision for green skin came from the world of comics, D&D and such - which I based on traditional Orcs. They are either green, or brown. The layout already was brown-laden with all the roots, leather, rocks, etc. The centaurs needed to show up - as they are one of the main features of the playfield. So green or brown?... I chose green. I don't regret it.
So you can go through the gamut... you tell me what a centaur *should* be colored - purple? blue? red? orange? yellow? pink? snow white?
Like I said, I think the blazing sun pix are not helping here. As much as outdoor pix make the playfield pop... it's too bad you are seeing "lime green" and thinking "Shrek" ... that's fun and all, and you get to create a meme for people to pile on... great work... but you're reducing a researched and intentional decision into your imagined construct of a dumb, fumbling mistake of a color choice. That's on you. Your opinion. But it's not reality.
So think Shrek (an ogre, not an orc) if you want to. Those who know this genre of characters in the comic and D&D world, know full well what green skinned orcs look like. I decided to use that for the basis of what the centaur's skin would look like. My choice. Pantone 370C. You may not like it, and that's fine.
So post pix of Shrek all day long. If you had any idea about this genre of characters, you would be posting pix like these:
OK... NOW I'm outta here
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You ask for opinions on something you know many people won't like and then lose your shit when people give the expected response. I won't give my opinion because of all the negative comments mine would still really stand out.

That being said, do what you like. It's your time and if you install it, your game. No harm in that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rustylizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-centaur-color-cpr-stunning-or-sacrilege?tu=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.