(Topic ID: 117448)

Cactus Jack's Silverball Showdown- A PAPA Circuit Event!

By alveolus

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DarthXaos
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-418.jpg
    Dragonfist-0001.JPG
    Atlantis-0002-sm.JPG
    Neptune-001.jpg
    IMG_3684.JPG
    image.jpg
    2015-01-27-CJpinball_36sm-e1422655146583[1].jpg
    2015-01-27-CJpinball_122sm.jpg
    2015-01-27-CJpinball_103sm-e1422655237119[1].jpg
    2015-01-27-CJpinball_79sm.jpg
    SS flyer.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silver_spinner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 9 years ago

how will the payouts be defined as far as what place gets what percentage then? will there be a spot online that shows how many people have signed up so those of us far away know if its worthy of travel expenses vs projected payouts? in other words, if first place is under a certain amount for example. air fare, hotels, rental cars, travel costs add up quick and even if you win, you could "lose" money.
    its so hard to decide on a new event when there is no past results to reflect on and no guarantee payouts, that's why i ask.

#32 9 years ago

Yeah breaking even is one thing but losing money traveling even if you win first is another. Most of the good players can at least break even in travel. I understand the fun factor, but fun can only go so far if its not local. Same with donation events where there are no payouts. I love donating as much as the next guy to charity, but again, that can only go so far. We all have bills and life issues as well.
    I wish your event was more like 75 to enter..would crank up payouts . Im sure people would still pay it. The place looks amazing and im sure it will be a blast.

#37 9 years ago

i understand your reasoning entry fee wise as far as locals are concerned.
    in the top 20 currently i am.
    the farther down payouts go it would not be "donating" from players who finish lower though as some could win at least something.
    There are also unknown or lesser known players who sneak in higher at each event I've ever attended.
    its pinball.
    use your first event as a learning lesson indeed. You may have enough local support to not have to worry about anyone from far away. That nice venue and having it be a circuit event is a big boost to start with.
    good luck.

#43 9 years ago

sounds like you are on the right track. thx for explaining things.

2 months later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silver_spinner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-cactus-jacks-silverball-showdown-a-papa-circuit-event?tu=silver_spinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.