AFAB3338-C9D6-4C1D-9DB8-002BF247A73C (resized).jpeg
000-pins (resized).jpg
000-pins2 (resized).jpg
000-pins3 (resized).jpg
000-pins81 (resized).jpg
000-pins82 (resized).jpg
000-pins83 (resized).jpg
IMG_3796 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spiroagnew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago

I took the bait on this one. I'm right in the middle of a Kiss restore. My game has the German backglass in it with a little bit of paint lifting in the bottom corner, so the purchase wasn't entirely necessary, but it'll certainly be the cherry on top of the project. And I'll have the German version to hang on the wall.

Scheduled arrival is Thursday by end-of-day.

1 week later
#10 6 years ago

Sorry guys...I got caught up in the Xmas season.

The glass looks great, as promised. It isn't at all muddy or soft like some of the other repros I've seen out there. Mirroring is well done--better than what BGresto offers to substitute for mirroring. I've taken some pics of the PPS/Outside Edge glass next to my original Euro glass (which I now see would have been more than acceptable to use in my restoration, but my Kiss fandom really wanted a perfect glass, and the original rune "S's"). I've held up the glass to the light and backlit it with a flashlight, and it seems to light fine. It arrived within a week of ordering. At $249 with $30-ish shipping, I give the repro a thumbs up. Thanks to all parties involved for securing the licence and getting a repro done right.

000-pins2 (resized).jpg000-pins2 (resized).jpg
000-pins (resized).jpg000-pins (resized).jpg
000-pins3 (resized).jpg000-pins3 (resized).jpg
000-pins81 (resized).jpg000-pins81 (resized).jpg
000-pins82 (resized).jpg000-pins82 (resized).jpg
000-pins83 (resized).jpg000-pins83 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#31 6 years ago

I finally got my Kiss up and running after a full restore. Here is a picture with the PPS/OE backglass lit with #44 bulbs. I have since changed to Comet frosted retro LEDs and it looks just as good with little to no "hot spots" visible. I put the original German glass back in to compare and the colours on the original are a tad deeper, the blacks are "blacker", but overall I'm very happy with how this looks.

000-pinskys2 (resized).jpg000-pinskys2 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#40 6 years ago

Here's a thing I just noticed...the repro has "1 2 3 4" mask cutouts. My original does not. My game doesn't have player-buy-in insert lights in the swingout backbox display board in that location either. Are there some Kiss games that do? Protos? Early production? I've taken a look at a few other Kiss games via Google images, Youtube and Pinside, ones with their swingout boards visible, and none have insert lights in that location.

It makes no difference that they are there on the repro, they just always sit unlit.

000-pins5 (resized).jpg000-pins5 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spiroagnew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-bally-kiss-us-version-backglasses-now-available?tu=spiroagnew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.