AFAB3338-C9D6-4C1D-9DB8-002BF247A73C (resized).jpeg
000-pins (resized).jpg
000-pins2 (resized).jpg
000-pins3 (resized).jpg
000-pins81 (resized).jpg
000-pins82 (resized).jpg
000-pins83 (resized).jpg
IMG_3796 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Rick, can you advise as to who is producing these and the process used to do so? Curious as some glasses being reproduced, the colors, are over saturated (IMO)! Thanks!!!

#5 6 years ago

Actually found that it's Shay's that is reproducing it !

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

No, Shay is not producing it - Outside Edge has done it for PPS, who has licensed the title from Kiss/Epic Rights.

Thanks for the clarification!

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

I took the bait on this one. I'm right in the middle of a Kiss restore. My game has the German backglass in it with a little bit of paint lifting in the bottom corner, so the purchase wasn't entirely necessary, but it'll certainly be the cherry on top of the project. And I'll have the German version to hang on the wall.
Scheduled arrival is Thursday by end-of-day.

If you would post some feedback and pics of both sides!

1 month later
#41 6 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Here's a thing I just noticed...the repro has "1 2 3 4" mask cutouts. My original does not. My game doesn't have player-buy-in insert lights in the swingout backbox display board in that location either. Are there some Kiss games that do? Protos? Early production? I've taken a look at a few other Kiss games via Google images, Youtube and Pinside, ones with their swingout boards visible, and none have insert lights in that location.
It makes no difference that they are there on the repro, they just always sit unlit.

I no longer have a KISS but I could swear on the front of the glass it states 1-4 CAN PLAY and then right below that are the numbers 1 2 3 4. You don't see 1 2 3 4 on the front of the glass though! On the door there are four individual circles that have their own light bulbs in them. So if (say) 2 people were playing the 2 would be lit up right below the 1-4 CAN PLAY. The 1 2 3 4 would be in the yellow bar that goes across the bottom of the backglass just like where GAME OVER is ..... but opposite side of the backglass!

2 years later
#44 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Back available again www.planetarypinball.com

Rick can you clarify a few things ....
1. On your site it states "w/ SILVER"....what is this pertaining too? A lot of the time when I see this reference it's referring to the mirror parts of the glass being silver as opposed to mirrored. However in the description you state "...including the mirror".
2. Is the 1-4 PLAYERS numbers still on the repro (your site doesn't show a backside picture) as depicted in post #40 above.
3. Lastly, the ones on your site, are these the ones Shay makes? Just wondering if they're the same and if so why the $20 price difference (Shay 249.95 and PPS 269.99).

Thanks!

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Sorry, I relisted them and improved the description and pictures. There are MANY different versions of Kiss backglasses thru the years - these are the latest. There are two versions - for the questions you have above #1) They are Mirrored, #2) These have the 1-4 players treatment as per the bottom image of post #4 as well as in the pictures on the site, #3) I'm not sure which versions Shay has at the moment, but these right off the press.

Thanks Rick

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-bally-kiss-us-version-backglasses-now-available?tu=meSz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.