000-pins (resized).jpg
000-pins2 (resized).jpg
000-pins3 (resized).jpg
000-pins81 (resized).jpg
000-pins82 (resized).jpg
000-pins83 (resized).jpg
IMG_3796 (resized).PNG
#1 6 years ago

We have licensed with KISS / Epic Rights to be able to reproduce as exact as possible the original Bally Kiss backglasses. Previous versions (IPB included) had issues. These are super high quality and were done by same company that has done many of the mirrored backglasses with us.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-GT-408-41V2&Store_Code=PP

(c) KISS Catalog, Ltd. Under License to Epic Rights

[email protected]

#2 6 years ago

Rick, can you advise as to who is producing these and the process used to do so? Curious as some glasses being reproduced, the colors, are over saturated (IMO)! Thanks!!!

#3 6 years ago

good people are always looking for these.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Rick, can you advise as to who is producing these and the process used to do so?

Looks like outside edge.

IMG_3796 (resized).PNGIMG_3796 (resized).PNG

#5 6 years ago

Actually found that it's Shay's that is reproducing it !

#6 6 years ago

No, Shay is not producing it - Outside Edge has done it for PPS, who has licensed the title from Kiss/Epic Rights.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

No, Shay is not producing it - Outside Edge has done it for PPS, who has licensed the title from Kiss/Epic Rights.

Thanks for the clarification!

#8 6 years ago

I took the bait on this one. I'm right in the middle of a Kiss restore. My game has the German backglass in it with a little bit of paint lifting in the bottom corner, so the purchase wasn't entirely necessary, but it'll certainly be the cherry on top of the project. And I'll have the German version to hang on the wall.

Scheduled arrival is Thursday by end-of-day.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

I took the bait on this one. I'm right in the middle of a Kiss restore. My game has the German backglass in it with a little bit of paint lifting in the bottom corner, so the purchase wasn't entirely necessary, but it'll certainly be the cherry on top of the project. And I'll have the German version to hang on the wall.
Scheduled arrival is Thursday by end-of-day.

If you would post some feedback and pics of both sides!

1 week later
#10 6 years ago

Sorry guys...I got caught up in the Xmas season.

The glass looks great, as promised. It isn't at all muddy or soft like some of the other repros I've seen out there. Mirroring is well done--better than what BGresto offers to substitute for mirroring. I've taken some pics of the PPS/Outside Edge glass next to my original Euro glass (which I now see would have been more than acceptable to use in my restoration, but my Kiss fandom really wanted a perfect glass, and the original rune "S's"). I've held up the glass to the light and backlit it with a flashlight, and it seems to light fine. It arrived within a week of ordering. At $249 with $30-ish shipping, I give the repro a thumbs up. Thanks to all parties involved for securing the licence and getting a repro done right.

000-pins2 (resized).jpg000-pins2 (resized).jpg
000-pins (resized).jpg000-pins (resized).jpg
000-pins3 (resized).jpg000-pins3 (resized).jpg
000-pins81 (resized).jpg000-pins81 (resized).jpg
000-pins82 (resized).jpg000-pins82 (resized).jpg
000-pins83 (resized).jpg000-pins83 (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago

How do these come shipped? I am worried about them breaking in the mail?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We have licensed with KISS / Epic Rights to be able to reproduce as exact as possible the original Bally Kiss backglasses. Previous versions (IPB included) had issues. These are super high quality and were done by same company that has done many of the mirrored backglasses with us.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-GT-408-41V2&Store_Code=PP
(c) KISS Catalog, Ltd. Under License to Epic Rights
[email protected]

Thanks Rick!!! As a huge Kiss fan and Pinball collector this is a grail purchase for me!!

#13 6 years ago

We have custom heavy grade backglass boxes with foam corners - and I don't recall one of them broken in shipping, possibly 1, but that is over hundreds of shipments including international.

These are nicely done - many of the early repro's that are still floating around were poorly done - there are nuances in the lit/non-lit characteristics of these glasses that need to be done right and almost always were not.

rick

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We have custom heavy grade backglass boxes with foam corners - and I don't recall one of them broken in shipping, possibly 1, but that is over hundreds of shipments including international.
These are nicely done - many of the early repro's that are still floating around were poorly done - there are nuances in the lit/non-lit characteristics of these glasses that need to be done right and almost always were not.
rick

Couldn’t resist!! Just placed my order!

#15 6 years ago

Does PPS combine shipping if ordering 2 different glasses?

#16 6 years ago

We try to ... depending on the glass, etc. But we have shipped 2x glass per box several times.

#17 6 years ago

Rick,

Is there any chance that you'll be making backglasses for Eight Ball Deluxe any time soon?

#18 6 years ago

We have a couple in stock right now ... i think we only have one or two left - these are the V2 (done my same company Outside Edge) that did Kiss.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-G-440-15V2

These are for original Eight Ball Deluxe (the larger glass version).

rick

#19 6 years ago

Kudos to Rick and PPS. Made my order Monday night and based on tracking info I should get it Friday. Great customer service.....very prompt in getting my order processed/shipped and kept me well informed with emails. That's what it's all about. I've been frustrated with other companies that don't answer emails, phone calls, etc. Rick and PPS are first class.

#20 6 years ago

Hi Rick
Are you planning any Flash Gordon Playfields or Plastics, as CPR do not seem to be interested in re-runs on this title yet there seems to be a lot of demand on and off Pinside for them. Just curious.
Thanks.

#21 6 years ago

Hi Rick. I'm also interested in a Flash Gordon playfield and plastics. Keep me posted if you decide to. Thanks, Darrell

#22 6 years ago

I'll discuss with CPR and see if/what/when on these ... alternative is a hardtop from outsideedge.com

#23 6 years ago

Thanks for the reply Rick, appreciate what you guys do. I ordered one of these Kiss back glasses from you the other day, looking forward to seeing how cool it looks.

#24 6 years ago

Just got mine!! Amazing!! I took pictures of the box as I wouldn’t buy backglass due to the fear of them breaking in shipping. That fear is gone, these guys know how to pack. No issues at all! I wish we could get more reproductions made! Count me in for a Flash Gordon, Centaur, Lost World, Paragon, Phantom of the Opera, Viper, Xenon........

AFAB3338-C9D6-4C1D-9DB8-002BF247A73C (resized).jpegAFAB3338-C9D6-4C1D-9DB8-002BF247A73C (resized).jpeg
2995317D-97E7-4CA0-9794-70B65CE887F6 (resized).jpeg2995317D-97E7-4CA0-9794-70B65CE887F6 (resized).jpeg
367898A5-0CCA-4051-B36E-D90286EA59FB (resized).jpeg367898A5-0CCA-4051-B36E-D90286EA59FB (resized).jpeg
A0426284-BD11-4863-8CBD-D23FD49AE52E (resized).jpegA0426284-BD11-4863-8CBD-D23FD49AE52E (resized).jpeg
7EBF844C-A5CC-48EF-9C6A-4C955B80C132 (resized).jpeg7EBF844C-A5CC-48EF-9C6A-4C955B80C132 (resized).jpeg

#25 6 years ago

That does look amazing, I'm a bit the same with glass, but over here in OZ, most stuff pinball is near impossible parts wise to find or take out a mortgage to pay for it, so I have to risk it.

#26 6 years ago

Received my backglass the other day and it survived the trip to Australia., very well packed and looks bloody sensational, really nice work, keep up the good work Rick with this type of quality. Amazing.

#27 6 years ago

Ordered Jan 1st and arrived today. Looks EXCELLENT!!! The colors are great. Have seen many originals that the colors look washed out or faded. I am lucky that my original has nice bright vibrant colors but due to my recent move I have not set my pins up so can’t compare to my original at the moment. Will post pics of both at some point and see if anyone can tell which is the repop. Anyone on the fence on this can buy with confidence...would also recommend to buy the lift trim when you buy the glass

Thanks Rick for making these available...hopefully playfields are soon to follow.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

Received my backglass the other day and it survived the trip to Australia., very well packed and looks bloody sensational, really nice work, keep up the good work Rick with this type of quality. Amazing.

Same with The Firepower backglass I received, Looks fantastic, top quality work, thanks to outsidedge & Rick.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Playfields are In works

Great news! Will these be exactly like the original or do you know if these will have the “color added” to the Kiss characters by the Kiss Grid? The ones from IPB had the color added. Originals had no color added to them.

1 week later
#31 6 years ago

I finally got my Kiss up and running after a full restore. Here is a picture with the PPS/OE backglass lit with #44 bulbs. I have since changed to Comet frosted retro LEDs and it looks just as good with little to no "hot spots" visible. I put the original German glass back in to compare and the colours on the original are a tad deeper, the blacks are "blacker", but overall I'm very happy with how this looks.

000-pinskys2 (resized).jpg000-pinskys2 (resized).jpg

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We have licensed with KISS / Epic Rights to be able to reproduce as exact as possible the original Bally Kiss backglasses. Previous versions (IPB included) had issues.

Care to elaborate on the so-called "issues" the IPB Kiss backglasses had?

#33 6 years ago

Sure they were poor quality artwork, poor reproduction, scratched easily, did not accurately reflect the day/night (lit, non-lit) colors expected, etc.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

scratched easily

THIS x 1000

#35 6 years ago

Rick, is there a prayer in hell you guys would ever run some Gottlieb Circus BG's. Seems to be a lot of people wanting one besides me.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Rick, is there a prayer in hell you guys would ever run some Gottlieb Circus BG's. Seems to be a lot of people wanting one besides me.

Planetary/Rick does not own the rights to Gottlieb. Be thankful for that. It is a huge undertaking to produce parts for one/two company(s) Bally/Williams. I would venture that much less would be getting reproduced.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

We would have to contact Ron Webb or The Shay Group to see if they would produce it. I would be 100% in on one.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Playfields are In works

Will there be a preorder? These have been wanted for a long time! Any changes from the way IPB ran them years ago?

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

We would have to contact Ron Webb or The Shay Group to see if they would produce it. I would be 100% in on one

I've emailed with both in the past and they won't do them. Also can't speak for Ron but, Shay group's mirroring doesn't look all that great, really not even sure it's true screened mirroring.

2 weeks later
#40 6 years ago

Here's a thing I just noticed...the repro has "1 2 3 4" mask cutouts. My original does not. My game doesn't have player-buy-in insert lights in the swingout backbox display board in that location either. Are there some Kiss games that do? Protos? Early production? I've taken a look at a few other Kiss games via Google images, Youtube and Pinside, ones with their swingout boards visible, and none have insert lights in that location.

It makes no difference that they are there on the repro, they just always sit unlit.

000-pins5 (resized).jpg000-pins5 (resized).jpg

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Here's a thing I just noticed...the repro has "1 2 3 4" mask cutouts. My original does not. My game doesn't have player-buy-in insert lights in the swingout backbox display board in that location either. Are there some Kiss games that do? Protos? Early production? I've taken a look at a few other Kiss games via Google images, Youtube and Pinside, ones with their swingout boards visible, and none have insert lights in that location.
It makes no difference that they are there on the repro, they just always sit unlit.

I no longer have a KISS but I could swear on the front of the glass it states 1-4 CAN PLAY and then right below that are the numbers 1 2 3 4. You don't see 1 2 3 4 on the front of the glass though! On the door there are four individual circles that have their own light bulbs in them. So if (say) 2 people were playing the 2 would be lit up right below the 1-4 CAN PLAY. The 1 2 3 4 would be in the yellow bar that goes across the bottom of the backglass just like where GAME OVER is ..... but opposite side of the backglass!

1 month later
#42 6 years ago

Just saw that Shay has released the Bally Kiss and EBD. I have a Fathom by Outside Edge c/o PPS and it is fantastic ! Its good that the drought of Bally backglasses is maybe almost over. How about some Centaurs and Paragons please ; )

http://shayarcadegroup.com/backglasses/

1 year later
#43 4 years ago

Back available again www.planetarypinball.com

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Back available again www.planetarypinball.com

Rick can you clarify a few things ....
1. On your site it states "w/ SILVER"....what is this pertaining too? A lot of the time when I see this reference it's referring to the mirror parts of the glass being silver as opposed to mirrored. However in the description you state "...including the mirror".
2. Is the 1-4 PLAYERS numbers still on the repro (your site doesn't show a backside picture) as depicted in post #40 above.
3. Lastly, the ones on your site, are these the ones Shay makes? Just wondering if they're the same and if so why the $20 price difference (Shay 249.95 and PPS 269.99).

Thanks!

#45 4 years ago

Sorry, I relisted them and improved the description and pictures. There are MANY different versions of Kiss backglasses thru the years - these are the latest. There are two versions - for the questions you have above #1) They are Mirrored, #2) These have the 1-4 players treatment as per the bottom image of post #4 as well as in the pictures on the site, #3) I'm not sure which versions Shay has at the moment, but these right off the press.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Sorry, I relisted them and improved the description and pictures. There are MANY different versions of Kiss backglasses thru the years - these are the latest. There are two versions - for the questions you have above #1) They are Mirrored, #2) These have the 1-4 players treatment as per the bottom image of post #4 as well as in the pictures on the site, #3) I'm not sure which versions Shay has at the moment, but these right off the press.

Thanks Rick

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-bally-kiss-us-version-backglasses-now-available and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.