Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wiley.jpg
    IMG_6067.jpeg
    IMG_9454.jpeg
    IMG_4873.jpeg
    mikeandrob1.jpg
    dominos2.gif
    11040397_1416837458626801_1965586217823674248_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

I don't see tickets for the tourney on your page??

Also, this sounds like a BLAST!

#7 9 years ago

My buddy and I are IN.

For comments >>
    I would like it to be for WPPR points, but can also understand the reasons to not.
    $20 seems like a fair price. Would be great to offer a food add-on for an additional $10. Always nice to not have to worry about food when playing in a day long event.

I like whacky trophies, but suggest prizes go deeper than top 2 in a field of 64. Even certificates are fun/cheap, but something to shoot for that is realistic for normal people.

Maybe do a consilation bracket for the first 8 people to get knocked out completely. Some people are going to get blasted in the first 3 rounds and be done after 45 min. It is always fun to let those people have a side bracket for fun and bragging rights.

#15 9 years ago

cost should also be justified as pinball typically cost money to play (esp nice ones that play GREAT!) and events like this take a large amount of staff to run!

Aside from that I am VERY excited to play in an all EM event and have a good time.

Happy to pay just to support what the VFW is!

Tickets purchased!

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

It was just a question seeing as how your post said you wanted comments. 64 players brings the total entry over 1 grand so I was curious. Good luck. maybe ill show up just to beat why snow; )

please do and then we can have a beer and enjoy the limited access to the main event before everyone else comes in.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

VFW has 2 NBA Fast Breaks linked together you and Silver Spinner and go head to head!

actually one of the things I am most looking forward to is playing linked NBAs

1 month later
    #42 9 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

As a member of the Ann Arbor Pinball Museum, willing to help out, I sent an Email to the WPPR to inquire what had to be done to make the tournament qualify for WPPR points...
    A MONTH AGO, STILL NO RESPONSE.

I can answer that for you (I think?).

You need:
    1 the event listed on a public website with some info about it
    This should already meet the requirement but will need to update language to reflect that it is now for WPPR if that is the case.
    http://vfwpinball.com/?p=128

2 the event put on the IFPA calendar at least 30 days prior to the event
    Register it here. You are more than 30 days out currently so should be good to go.
    http://www.ifpapinball.com/calendar/submit.php

3 the event can not have any restrictions in whom can play (i.e. can't exclude anyone based on age, WPPR status, etc...)

That is pretty much it.

#44 9 years ago

also, I say go for it. I would love to be able to play in a first (for me) EMonly WPPR event!

#50 9 years ago

so is this going to be for WPPR now?

1 month later
    #57 8 years ago

LOL. Great picture!!!

Congrats on the win. It is Rob's fault for losing, he did not even put those special magnetic skelator gloves on till mid way through the event

Super fun tourney and I will be back next year to play in it again!

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from trufflepiggy:

There were some in the tournament that held the whole thing up by doing things like, having million plus point BALLS on strikes and spares!!!! Sorry, I seem to have forgotten your name, but you deserve some recognition. And to think you ended up just plunging the balls to finish it up for the next round to start.

Thanks. That was me. That is the first and only time I have ever rolled a game in my life.

I ended up draining ball 2 EB and ball 3 as my opponent had condeded defeat after I rolled it.
    That was the highlight of my weekend. I have NEVER had a game of pinball like that ever.
    I think it was just the hot readhead on the backglass that got me in the zone Fun game

#63 8 years ago

thanks again to you guys that ran the tourney. It was super fun!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-pinball-show-new-tournament?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.