Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wiley.jpg
    IMG_6067.jpeg
    IMG_9454.jpeg
    IMG_4873.jpeg
    mikeandrob1.jpg
    dominos2.gif
    11040397_1416837458626801_1965586217823674248_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bob_e.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from mman23:

This would be an awesome event if there were WPPR points. Without them it sounds like I am just paying another $20 to play the same machines I could play during the regular showcase. Doubt I will make the drive without WPPR points.

Petition the WPPR to award points for distance driven. 8-)

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

please do and then we can have a beer and enjoy the limited access to the main event before everyone else comes in.

VFW has 2 NBA Fast Breaks linked together you and Silver Spinner and go head to head!

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

It's $20! Who the hell bitches about $20!!!!

Well lets see what the $20 does get you.

You get tournament play PLUS early entry to the Friday Showcase.

Up to 64 players will have access to ALL of the showcase games before the Showcase opens. Note the Showcase open to regular ticket holders at 4 P.M. Or about 3-4 hours of play depending on your skill vs opponents.

After 4 PM regular admission ticket required.

1 month later
    #40 9 years ago
    Quoted from mman23:

This would be an awesome event if there were WPPR points. Without them it sounds like I am just paying another $20 to play the same machines I could play during the regular showcase. Doubt I will make the drive without WPPR points.

As a member of the Ann Arbor Pinball Museum, willing to help out, I sent an Email to the WPPR to inquire what had to be done to make the tournament qualify for WPPR points...
    A MONTH AGO, STILL NO RESPONSE.

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Where did you send the email, because I don't show having received one.
    Hilton pretty much nailed the requirements!
    Josh

from the IFPA web site "contact us"

With a limit of 64 players would this be an "open" tournament.

1 month later
    #53 8 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

the $20, no wppr, no payout, is to keep tournament money guys like silver_spinner away. no really, that's the reason... i'm not kidding... ok maybe i'm kidding a bit.
    the whole purpose of the ann arbor pinball show is to raise money to fund the museum for the year. the place doesn't exist for free. the property isn't free. the taxes aren't free. the electric isn't free. the heat isn't free. the insurance isn't free. the games didn't restore themselves or buy themselves. the parking lot doesn't plow itself and the grass doesn't cut itself.
    aside from that the $20 EM tourney gets you into the show before it opens. so if the tournament has 25 people, they have the run of the entire facility with them and only them in the building. in addition of course the fun aspect of playing your friends in EM pinball for fun (which a lot of tournament guys seem to miss that point) and a big goofy trophy.

I will donate a $10.00 gift card from AUTO ZONE to go with that BIG GOOFY TROPHY !!!

2 weeks later
    #54 8 years ago

Show goers...
    There is ROAD CONSTUCTION at I-96 and US-23
    Lanes shifts and possible lane closures...drive with care.
    The Orange Barrels are NOT pop bumpers!
    Word has it there are hiding GOBBLE HOLES !

#55 8 years ago

A Special thanks to DOMINOS for being our tournament sponsor.
    Dominos provided pizza for lunch and giftcards and other items for prizes.

dominos2.gifdominos2.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bob_e.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-pinball-show-new-tournament?tu=bob_e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.