4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

wiley.jpg
    IMG_6067.jpeg
    IMG_9454.jpeg
    IMG_4873.jpeg
    mikeandrob1.jpg
    dominos2.gif
    11040397_1416837458626801_1965586217823674248_n.jpg

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

Those Tourneys @ Crazy Carl's were Fun , it seemed to me that most of the "Top" local players were there playing . The prize money and the cool trophy were not big enough to draw many out of state players, although there were a few there. even a few Canadian players too. I would hope if there was a Tourney that some / all of the better players in the area attended and played. What would be the thrill of playing / winning a Tourney where all the best talent stayed home or were not allowed to play ?

I think anyone who wants to play should be allowed to play . Like "The Law " said, if you want to get better skills , play better players.

I am looking forward to the Tourney and the Show. Going top be a good time for sure .

Brian Lenker
    Ortonville MI.

#52 4 years ago

i couldnt agree more. also, clays machines play so well its nice to see what really good players can do on them IMO.
    his machines are really dialed.
    any machine i do work on em wise i always have clays machines in my head and try to make them play at that level.
    Bump for the event!

4 weeks later
    #53 4 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

the $20, no wppr, no payout, is to keep tournament money guys like silver_spinner away. no really, that's the reason... i'm not kidding... ok maybe i'm kidding a bit.
    the whole purpose of the ann arbor pinball show is to raise money to fund the museum for the year. the place doesn't exist for free. the property isn't free. the taxes aren't free. the electric isn't free. the heat isn't free. the insurance isn't free. the games didn't restore themselves or buy themselves. the parking lot doesn't plow itself and the grass doesn't cut itself.
    aside from that the $20 EM tourney gets you into the show before it opens. so if the tournament has 25 people, they have the run of the entire facility with them and only them in the building. in addition of course the fun aspect of playing your friends in EM pinball for fun (which a lot of tournament guys seem to miss that point) and a big goofy trophy.

I will donate a $10.00 gift card from AUTO ZONE to go with that BIG GOOFY TROPHY !!!

2 weeks later
    #54 4 years ago

Show goers...
    There is ROAD CONSTUCTION at I-96 and US-23
    Lanes shifts and possible lane closures...drive with care.
    The Orange Barrels are NOT pop bumpers!
    Word has it there are hiding GOBBLE HOLES !

#55 4 years ago

A Special thanks to DOMINOS for being our tournament sponsor.
    Dominos provided pizza for lunch and giftcards and other items for prizes.

dominos2.gif
    #56 4 years ago

First Place went to Mike Wiley.
    Second place went to Rob Cross.
    Mike was pretty happy with his win. Rob was pretty unhappy with his second place finish.

mikeandrob1.jpg

#57 4 years ago

LOL. Great picture!!!

Congrats on the win. It is Rob's fault for losing, he did not even put those special magnetic skelator gloves on till mid way through the event

Super fun tourney and I will be back next year to play in it again!

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

First Place went to Mike Wiley.
    Second place went to Rob Cross.
    Mike was pretty happy with his win. Rob was pretty unhappy with his second place finish.

I gave Mike his only strike of the tourney. Of course Capt Fantastic (game played) helped quite a bit.

Well run tourney and great entrants too. Thanks to Domino's (Tourney Sponsor) for some of the prizes and the pizza for everyone to enjoy.

#59 4 years ago

Thanks again to Clay, Bob and Rob along with all the other orange shirts for an incredibly fun time at the EM tournament on Friday. I convinced four other folks from Domino's to join in and compete and every one of them had a great time. The staff at VFW and the other competitors were all very accomodating to us newbies. A couple of pictures are attached including my final game when I got knocked out by Mike Wiley on Ro Go.

Domino's has a long history of supporting local businesses around the country and throughout the world and we look forward to many years of sponsoring events at the VFW/Ann Arbor Pinball Show. Hopefully everyone enjoyed the pizza!

Like everyone else, I wish this place was open more often to enjoy these games but I completely understand what an effort it must be for everyone involved to organize the weekend, maintain order in the facility and keep the games running.

Finally, who has a Lawman for sale? First time playing it and I love that game.

-AdamIMG_4873.jpegIMG_9454.jpegIMG_6067.jpeg

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from adamgacek:

Finally, who has a Lawman for sale? First time playing it and I love that game.
    -AdamIMG_4873.jpegIMG_9454.jpegIMG_6067.jpeg

The Lawman is a VFW machine and was not posted for sale. The drop target reset rod that spans the length of the targets snapped on Saturday night. The playfield was pulled and a few of us replaced it after fabricating a new one on Sunday.

Clay can comment/PM if it, or possibly a 4 player Sheriff will be offered for sale.

#61 4 years ago

Make Clay an incredible offer, yes please get that rotten, rotten, machine out of there.
    If anyone is wondering that is my ball three score shown. My first ball was a 10!

There were some in the tournament that held the whole thing up by doing things like, having million plus point BALLS on strikes and spares!!!! Sorry, I seem to have forgotten your name, but you deserve some recognition. And to think you ended up just plunging the balls to finish it up for the next round to start.

Do I really look like that?

How did I become in charge of all that?

Congratulations Rob Cross…… Oh, Ummmmm…….. what? he what?

Make that Mike Wiley………… well done

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from trufflepiggy:

There were some in the tournament that held the whole thing up by doing things like, having million plus point BALLS on strikes and spares!!!! Sorry, I seem to have forgotten your name, but you deserve some recognition. And to think you ended up just plunging the balls to finish it up for the next round to start.

Thanks. That was me. That is the first and only time I have ever rolled a game in my life.

I ended up draining ball 2 EB and ball 3 as my opponent had condeded defeat after I rolled it.
    That was the highlight of my weekend. I have NEVER had a game of pinball like that ever.
    I think it was just the hot readhead on the backglass that got me in the zone Fun game

#63 4 years ago

thanks again to you guys that ran the tourney. It was super fun!

#64 4 years ago

What a great time I had Saturday! Wish I still lived in Ann Arbor. I brought my brother who is now a pinball convert and may check into the repair classes. Regarding Domino's supporting local groups: in about 1975, I joined a new college branch of the Jaycees at UM. Tom Monahan was a one man pizza company at the time and he personally brought us out free pizzas. So the tradition goes all the way back.

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Rob was pretty unhappy with his second place finish.

More unhappy with the game malfunction that led to me losing! (Or whatever excuse)

#66 4 years ago

Blah hahahaha you got beat like a rented mule. By Wiley too!!!!!
    No one will forget this blunder by you. This goes down in history as a major fail! Wiley was probably drunk too.

#67 4 years ago

That is the best pic of Sad Rob ever!

#68 4 years ago

Hahaha....Looks like someone dropped a biscuit at the door...

#69 4 years ago

Wiley, being Wiley.

wiley.jpg

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

This goes down in history as a major fail! Wiley was probably drunk too.

I have no problem losing to Wiley, just losing in general.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    € 3.70
    $ 157.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 95.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 34.99
    Cleaner
    Pinball Pro
    $ 39.50
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside