(Topic ID: 219308)

Ann Arbor Pinball People!!!!!!

By TwoHeartedMale

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

autofactoiry (resized).jpg
    output (resized).jpg
    output(1) (resized).jpg
    20191103_211902 (resized).jpg
    20191028_201038 (resized).jpg
    20191027_203203 (resized).jpg
    20191027_203231 (resized).jpg
    20191006_210512 (resized).jpg
    20191006_213144 (resized).jpg
    20191006_210329 (resized).jpg
    20191006_204424 (resized).jpg
    20191006_204305 (resized).jpg
    ts (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20190926_153852 (resized).jpg
    20190917_211058 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Puffdanny.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 5 years ago

I'm south of Ann Arbor.I work afternoons so I can only get together on the weekends but me and the wife are always down for some pinball.

#18 5 years ago

Except the second Saturday of the month that's David DeSloover from the Ulek stores tournament at Beek's in Monroe.

#35 5 years ago

I play in a little club when i get a chance and what they do is charge 50 cents a game for games played during tournament and any warm up or after games are free.they usually only play 2-3 hours and it runs each player $3-5.they rotate between 3 houses and they have a few guys with no games and it gives the host a few $ for wear and tear.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

how does the tournament run? is there payouts? is each day its own tournament? how many people on avg? this sounds great, more info please! Thakns!

Every week is a new tournament and they play high ball and high poker hand(you make a poker hand from your score 1's are aces an 0's are 10's) $1 a ball.you can bet on 1 or the other or both so it's $3 or $6 to get in plus the 50 cents to the house.we write down the score after every ball and payoff at the end of the game.my wife's not very good so she plays the poker only and won $30 last week.they usually get 5-8 players but since I'm off for the summer me and the wife have been playing every week adding 2.

2 months later
    #43 5 years ago

Good luck and I would play if it was a weekend.I work afternoons so midweek unfortunately leaves me missing all the fun.

7 months later
    #62 5 years ago

Private tournament may 5th about 30 minutes south of Ann Arbor. Being run by me and Justin ^^^^^.there is an event listing on the event page here on Pinside check it out for more info.

1 month later
    #70 4 years ago

I'm hosting a private tournament about 25 minutes south of Ann Arbor and still have a few spots available
    https://pinside.com/pinball/events/puff-danny-s-birthday-bash-2019

3 weeks later
    #79 4 years ago

Puff Danny's Birthday Bash is June 30th. Come help us celebrate the birthday of a local pinball legend on his excellent pinball collection for a IFPA sanctioned tournament. This event has limited attendance, so contact either Puff Danny or Me (Twoheartedmale) via pinside or Facebook to reserve your spot befor it's too late. Doors open at noon, tournament starts at 2. Cost of entry Is 16$ (1$ for IFPA, 5$ for food/soda/water and trophy, the rest will go into prize pool. The tournament will be 10 rounds Group Matchplay with top 8 moving onto finals.
    In addition to IFPA points the winner will receive a trophy and cash payout. This event Is MMJ friendly, good times will be had.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/events/puff-danny-s-birthday-bash-2019

And we are beyond sold out with 36 players prepaid.hope to see you all next time.

3 weeks later
    #87 4 years ago

Thank you to Justin for helping run the show and everyone that came out to make this the best birthday ever!!! Saying I was slightly hung over that morning is an understatement !!!!!! But with the arrival of all the smiling(loud)faces,a couple practice balls and a fat joint I was back to the curmudgeon you all know and love.maybe next year we get a petting zoo and a bounce house.

2 months later
    #114 4 years ago

I find it amazing how.good he plays with gloves on.to me pinball with gloves is like fucking with a condom.

#116 4 years ago

Have you seen our crew? You'd be a fool not to wear protection lol.

I've been vaccinated

2 weeks later
    #121 4 years ago
    Quoted from adania:

Oh! I was hoping to join the one Nov 10th, when i'll be in town visiting family for a few days. Will that not be happening anymore? Are there any other A^2 (or Ypsi i guess?) IFPA events planned for between Nov 7 and 11?I'm pretty sure he just meant that all tourneys will start at 6pm and be 8 round matchplay.there is one scheduled at Pinball Pete's on the tenth.also on the 9th there are tournents in Monroe at Beeks Bar and Grill about 50 minutes from Ann Arbor,Dave has 10 machines mostly new sterns and a couple older ones he operates the machine and runs the tournament and probably my favorite location tournament.also Mike Schudel is hosting the same day in Kalamazoo he has an amazing 50 game collection with a mix of everything and most of the top players in MI will be there,Kalamazoo is about 2 hours from Ann Arbor.

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from adania:

Oh! I was hoping to join the one Nov 10th, when i'll be in town visiting family for a few days. Will that not be happening anymore? Are there any other A^2 (or Ypsi i guess?) IFPA events planned for between Nov 7 and 11?

I'm pretty sure he just meant that all tourneys will start at 6pm and be 8 round matchplay.there is one scheduled at Pinball Pete's on the tenth.also on the 9th there are tournents in Monroe at Beeks Bar and Grill about 50 minutes from Ann Arbor,Dave has 10 machines mostly new sterns and a couple older ones he operates the machine and runs the tournament and probably my favorite location tournament.also Mike Schudel is hosting the same day in Kalamazoo he has an amazing 50 game collection with a mix of everything and most of the top players in MI will be there,Kalamazoo is about 2 hours from Ann Arbor.

#130 4 years ago

We'll be starting our senior league that night since we all know you can't hang with us kids

#134 4 years ago

Someone laid down the LAW!!!!!

1 month later
    #150 4 years ago

I've been told that place sucks

#152 4 years ago

Specifically the Ypsi one

1 week later
    #158 4 years ago

Private ifpa tournament december 29th 30 minutes southeast of Ann Arbor. $11 limited to 32 players(last one sold out at 36)contact me or Justin TwoHeartedMale for more info

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Puffdanny.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-pinball-people?tu=Puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.