(Topic ID: 219308)

Ann Arbor Pinball People!!!!!!

By TwoHeartedMale

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

autofactoiry (resized).jpg
    output (resized).jpg
    output(1) (resized).jpg
    20191103_211902 (resized).jpg
    20191028_201038 (resized).jpg
    20191027_203203 (resized).jpg
    20191027_203231 (resized).jpg
    20191006_210512 (resized).jpg
    20191006_213144 (resized).jpg
    20191006_210329 (resized).jpg
    20191006_204424 (resized).jpg
    20191006_204305 (resized).jpg
    ts (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20190926_153852 (resized).jpg
    20190917_211058 (resized).jpg
    There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 5 years ago

Someone please make an Ann Arbor pinball league!!! i can't understand why we don't already have one! Im also looking for people to start an Ann Arbor Pinball club. not even sure what that would entail but i think it would be fun. this is open to people in area around A2 as well.

#2 5 years ago

Does a place in/near Ann Arbor even have functional games?

#3 5 years ago

I can think of at least 3 guys on Pinside that live in Ann Arbor, and probably another dozen within 20 miles. Shouldn't be too hard.

#4 5 years ago

Lots of private collectors near by that is certain. Was thinking public.

#5 5 years ago

Pinball Pete's has stepped up there game HARD CORE!! they fixed a ton of pins, and also added some great stuff. they have wizard of oz, new star wars, GOT, Areosmith, attack from mars remake LE, americas most haunted, and a ton more. I stoped going a few years back becasue it was to painful to see the pins being neglected, but i just recently went back and was sooooooooooo impressed. Petes is worthy of a league!!! But i am also intresed in doing a club, were each member rotaits as host. and other cool stuff. I would also like to get some people around to take some Pins to Mots Children's hospital for a day and show the kids pinball. IDK, just some ideas i've had.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I can think of at least 3 guys on Pinside that live in Ann Arbor, and probably another dozen within 20 miles. Shouldn't be too hard.

Please Point them to this Thread. Thanks!

Your not that far away, are you interested or have suggestions?

#7 5 years ago

There is already a league in Ann Arbor. Adam and Speedy Surf Boy run it.

#8 5 years ago

I heard Speedy overdosed on WildCat playfield cleaner while fixin all those games at Pete's and is no longer with us...
    RIP
    Word has it Surfboy is MIA as well, last seen surfing fresh pavement just north of A2, speeding off into the sunset on a Honda powered DEATHCHOPPER.

I think the AAPL was more a casual fall/winter thing, I suspect as summer wears on there will be more info available

#9 5 years ago

Will it be called the League of Extraordinary Pinballers?

#10 5 years ago

So we could be called LEPers?

#11 5 years ago

RIP Speedy.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

So we could be called LEPers?

I think you are on to something here.
    Way funnier than AAPL's

#13 5 years ago

Thanks for your condolences
    I mean WAIT, that guy was an asshole, glad he's gone, maybe now we can have some actual FUN around here

#14 5 years ago

AARP
    Ann Arbor Retro Pinballers
    For the EM division

#15 5 years ago

TwoHeartedMale We do have a casual league that will start back up in a couple months after the summer hiatus. Someone will contact you about joining if you're interested. There may be a one-time event in a couple weeks at my house that you are welcome to attend as well, likely pingolf. The league generally rotates between different collections and Pete's. No WPPR points but you might be able to win a trophy like the one below for First Place Loser.

-Adam

trophy (resized).jpgtrophy (resized).jpg
    #16 5 years ago

My wife and I would be interested in a club or casual league that rotates hosting. It would be a lot less formal. We are average players so we are more about the fun of the game than who is best. I am in Garden City with 8 games ranging from EM to DMD and would be willing to host.

#17 5 years ago

I'm south of Ann Arbor.I work afternoons so I can only get together on the weekends but me and the wife are always down for some pinball.

#18 5 years ago

Except the second Saturday of the month that's David DeSloover from the Ulek stores tournament at Beek's in Monroe.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

AARP
    Ann Arbor Retro Pinballers
    For the EM division

Thats Perfect!!!!

#20 5 years ago

For any league to work, *you* have to be able to host. Meaning you need to have at least 5 or 6 (working) games in your collection, and have them in an area that can hold say 10-25 people. Everyone wants to join a league, where you play *other* peoples' games. But there has to be some push back and some "share", or it puts too much effort on those people that meet the above requirements. If i didn't own any games, it would be awesome to go to other peoples' homes, drink their beer, eat their food, break their games. But that's not how this works...

Now if you're playing at a commercial place, and theyre getting coin drop, fine, no problem, you don't need to meet the above requirements. But for a home league, if you don't require *everyone* to be able to host, the whole thing spins out of control. And you just end up pissing off the few people that have games and a decent basement to hold them.

#21 5 years ago

Well said Clay.

#22 5 years ago

Clay makes a good point, but I think it works ok if at least 3 or 4 people in the league can alternate hosting. That's the case for us in Champaign IL, with 4 solid collections to switch between, and alternating each week with our downtown crawl of 3 locations that together add up to 5 pins (sigh). Looking forward to another league member opening up his collection of 60+ machines in the region, hopefully in time for our fall season.

#23 5 years ago

if you set up a league and a good number of people can't host, over time, those people start to get viewed as "leaches". i've seen this. it's not worth it. it's just not worth it....

#24 5 years ago

I'd vote for a VFW once a month league night for $5-10 per person to cover costs. (Just poking the bear.)

#25 5 years ago

I would be interested in joining a league as well. Thank you.
    - Mike

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

Petes is worthy of a league!!!

Oh those were the days

20180620_110545 (resized).jpg20180620_110545 (resized).jpg
    #27 5 years ago

I understand Clay's point but (as of right now), I'm completely fine hosting. My setup isn't perfect in Ann Arbor but it works and we have Skinny Speedy to fix any issues that come up.

The current makeup of the league is awesome and we will work hard to ensure it continues.

Someone should start a Pete's only league though.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from adamgacek:

twoheartedmale We do have a casual league that will start back up in a couple months after the summer hiatus. Someone will contact you about joining if you're interested.

Maybe one day they'll contact me.

#29 5 years ago

Skeleton gloves would scare the other members...

#30 5 years ago

Pinball is no place for the weak!

#31 5 years ago

I understand what clay is saying. That almost goes for all things that include humans!! Its often the price we pay for friends! Lol. For a league id think id rather do it on location, like petes. Id like the club to mostly consist of pinball owners that are willing to host. If you dont host and dont have working machines, your not really in the club.

#32 5 years ago

"Its more fun to compete"
    - pinball

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I'd vote for a VFW once a month league night for $5-10 per person to cover costs. (Just poking the bear.)

Id pay 50-100........ and bring the beer!

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from adamgacek:

Skeleton gloves would scare the other members...

Its the hair that frightens me.

#35 5 years ago

I play in a little club when i get a chance and what they do is charge 50 cents a game for games played during tournament and any warm up or after games are free.they usually only play 2-3 hours and it runs each player $3-5.they rotate between 3 houses and they have a few guys with no games and it gives the host a few $ for wear and tear.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I play in a little club when i get a chance and what they do is charge 50 cents a game for games played during tournament and any warm up or after games are free.they usually only play 2-3 hours and it runs each player $3-5.they rotate between 3 houses and they have a few guys with no games and it gives the host a few $ for wear and tear.

how does the tournament run? is there payouts? is each day its own tournament? how many people on avg? this sounds great, more info please! Thanks!

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

how does the tournament run? is there payouts? is each day its own tournament? how many people on avg? this sounds great, more info please! Thakns!

Every week is a new tournament and they play high ball and high poker hand(you make a poker hand from your score 1's are aces an 0's are 10's) $1 a ball.you can bet on 1 or the other or both so it's $3 or $6 to get in plus the 50 cents to the house.we write down the score after every ball and payoff at the end of the game.my wife's not very good so she plays the poker only and won $30 last week.they usually get 5-8 players but since I'm off for the summer me and the wife have been playing every week adding 2.

#38 5 years ago

We do a tip jar, folks are usually generous, and it makes hosting a bit more justifiable (and I do like seeing people enjoy the machines).

#39 5 years ago

just an update for everyone who posted here. I just found out, with very short notice that I'm moving. so It will be a few weeks until I get my game room set up in the new house. so that means I wont be able to host until end of July mid august.

#40 5 years ago

Great ideas (league and club)!

I am very much interested in joining a league at Pete’s and so if something is planned for the fall (casual or not), please let me know.

In terms of the possible hosting club, I currently own only two machines and so am not (yet) qualified to join. Someday...

1 month later
    #41 5 years ago
    Quoted from arkuz:

Clay makes a good point, but I think it works ok if at least 3 or 4 people in the league can alternate hosting. That's the case for us in Champaign IL, with 4 solid collections to switch between, and alternating each week with our downtown crawl of 3 locations that together add up to 5 pins (sigh). Looking forward to another league member opening up his collection of 60+ machines in the region, hopefully in time for our fall season.

I just moved to Champaign (yesterday) - while I don't have machines (yet), my wife and I would love to know more about the league.

1 month later
    #42 5 years ago

Hello Ann Arbor pinball people!

I am starting a Pete's pinball leauge and I'm looking to gauge support and possibly recruit someone to help run the tournaments.

I have full support by the Pete's management and it should be a great time!

It looks like it will initially be monthly on a Monday/Tuesday/or Wednesday. I'm leaning towards Tuesday so it won't compete with M Brew or Chesterfield. Consider this your hype warning.

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

#43 5 years ago

Good luck and I would play if it was a weekend.I work afternoons so midweek unfortunately leaves me missing all the fun.

#44 5 years ago

If it falls on my days off i would do it

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from QwertyMaster:

Hello Ann Arbor pinball people!
    I am starting a Pete's pinball leauge and I'm looking to gauge support and possibly recruit someone to help run the tournaments.
    It looks like it will initially be monthly on a Monday/Tuesday/or Wednesday. I'm leaning towards Tuesday so it won't compete with M Brew or Chesterfield. Consider this your hype warning.
    HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

count me down! Ive also got another 3 people that will want to join. maybe more!

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from QwertyMaster:Hello Ann Arbor pinball people!
    HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

Monday/Tuesday work best for me

2 weeks later
    #47 5 years ago

Hey Ann Arbor Pinball People,
    I set up 3 tournaments at Pinball Pete's and we are going to make it a Stern Army Location.

The three Tournaments are:

Pinball Pete's Deadpool Launch Party 10/16 qualifying 5:30pm to 8pm matchplay finals
    Pinball Pete's Matchplay Tournament Series 10/23 and 11/13 which are 7 round Matchplay tournaments starting at 7pm
    I am going to schedule more but I thought I would start with these 3.

Am going to post a bunch on FB and other boards on pinside asap

Added over 6 years ago:

I am adding the links to the fb events associated with these events. Please feel free to invite anyone who may be interested in playing in any of these tournaments!

Hello Friends!
    I am hosting 3 pinball tournaments at Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor Michigan.

1. Pinball Pete's Deadpool Launch Party:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1974324685939900/
    10/16 Unlimited Qualifying 5:30 to 8pm matchplay finals starting at 8pm top 2 advance for each round

There will be a Deadpool trans-light awarded to the winner and I will be giving out Stern dog tags and potentially other prizes!

2. Pinball Pete's Matchplay Tournament Series 10/23
    First of many Pinball Pete's Matchplay Tournaments!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/963734793810491/

The tournament starts at 7pm and it will be 7 rounds group Matchplay

There will be prizes for this one also!
    trans-light to a random player (Note: we will not be using random.org) potentially another stern dogtag!

3. Pinball Pete's Matchplay Tournament Series 11/13
    Second of many Pinball Pete's Matchplay Tournaments!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/963734793810491/

The tournament starts at 7pm and it will be 7 rounds group Matchplay

Same as before in terms of prizes, I will be giving away a trans-light at every tournament until they are gone!

These are the only 3 tournaments planned so far but I will be getting feedback from the players and adjusting accordingly.

Please invite anyone you think would be interested in a series of fun tournaments in Ann Arbor's Pinball Pete's on South University

3 weeks later
    #48 5 years ago

Deadpool LE launch party is underway!
    Open qualifying until 8pm! Come on down!

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from QwertyMaster:

Deadpool LE launch party is underway!
    Open qualifying until 8pm! Come on down!

We had a blast, thanks for putting that on! Cant wait for next week!!!

3 weeks later
    #50 5 years ago

December 9th 7pm pinball petes A2 matchplay. 1$ifpa, and coin drop. IFPA scoring

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/sunday-matchplay-pinball-petes-a2-2018

There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-pinball-people?hl=tbaum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.