(Topic ID: 219308)

Ann Arbor Pinball People!!!!!!

By TwoHeartedMale

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

autofactoiry (resized).jpg
    output (resized).jpg
    output(1) (resized).jpg
    20191103_211902 (resized).jpg
    20191028_201038 (resized).jpg
    20191027_203203 (resized).jpg
    20191027_203231 (resized).jpg
    20191006_210512 (resized).jpg
    20191006_213144 (resized).jpg
    20191006_210329 (resized).jpg
    20191006_204424 (resized).jpg
    20191006_204305 (resized).jpg
    ts (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20190926_153852 (resized).jpg
    20190917_211058 (resized).jpg
    There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 5 years ago

Black Friday charity pinball at the VFW Nov 23rd, 7pm till 11pm. Toys for Tots is the charity this year. You need to get a ticket reservation and an unwrapped ($20) toy to come play free pinball that night. Details/Tickets at http://vfwpinball.com/?p=128

2 weeks later
    #52 5 years ago

Just a reminder, this Tuesday the 27th we have a tournament at pinball petes A2. Event starts at 7pm with everything usually wrapped up by 9:30, its going to be 7 rounds of group Matchplay. Cost of play is coin drop. IFPA points and translites available to win. Everyone is welcome!!

1 week later
    #53 5 years ago

Group match play at pinball petes ann arbor this sunday at 7pm. 1$ ifpa fee and coin drop. Sunday is free parking in ann arbor so parking in the structure next door is free. Everyone is invited

2 weeks later
    #54 5 years ago

Pinball Petes Group Matchplay On Sunday the 30th at 6pm. 7 Rounds IFPA Scoring. Cost of play is 1$Ifpa fee + Coin Drop. Trophy for 1st place. All are Welcome to Play! Free parking in Ann Arbor on Sundays!

https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=28688#

1 month later
    #55 5 years ago

4 strikes tournament at pinball pete's A2 this sunday at 6pm. Free parking in ann arbor all day sunday (including parking structure next to pete's. Trophy for first place and random goveaways. This event is open to all skill levels!!!!

3 weeks later
    #56 5 years ago

Women's Division tournament at pinball Pete's Ann arbor. March 17th and April 14th, both are Sunday's and both start at 530. Award for 1st place. Free packing in Ann arbor on sunday.

#57 5 years ago

I should start planning a visit back to A^2 for when my new niece starts existing in April, and i love timing my travel to coincide with local pinball events. Is there likely to be a May ladies' tournament on the same approx schedule?

Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

Women's Division tournament at pinball Pete's Ann arbor. March 17th and April 14th, both are Sunday's and both start at 530. Award for 1st place. Free packing in Ann arbor on sunday.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from adania:

I should start planning a visit back to A^2 for when my new niece starts existing in April, and i love timing my travel to coincide with local pinball events. Is there likely to be a May ladies' tournament on the same approx schedule?

As long as the first two go well, yes I'd love to keep them going. There will definitely be open division events that your more then welcome to join.

1 month later
    #59 5 years ago

Pinball Pete's this Sunday 4/7 at 6pm. Group Matchplay. Sweet trophy for 1st place. IFPA points awarded. Cost of play is 1$ + coin drop. Everyone is welcome to join

1 week later
    #60 5 years ago

Upcoming Pinball Pete's Pinball tournament updates!!!

4/28 Sunday Strikes = 4 strikes. Start time 6pm
    5/13 Monday Women's division Tournament. 8 Rounds of Group Match-Play. Start Time 530pm.
    5/19 Sunday Match-Play 8 rounds. Start Time 6pm
    5/26 Sunday Fair Strikes! Start Time is changed to 5pm!!! 5pm start time!!!!

All Tournaments are IFPA Approved. Trophy for 1st place!!!! Cost of entry is 1$(IFPA FEE) & coin drop. Free Parking in Ann Arbor on Sundays!!!! Family Friendly Environment! All Skill Levels Welcome!

#61 5 years ago

Pinball Pete's also has Tuesday pinball tournaments. 7 rounds Group Match-Play with top Four going to finals. Top 3 get cash payout. Entry is 2$. Event Starts at 7pm.

#62 5 years ago

Private tournament may 5th about 30 minutes south of Ann Arbor. Being run by me and Justin ^^^^^.there is an event listing on the event page here on Pinside check it out for more info.

1 week later
    #63 4 years ago

Congratulations to Adam Gacek for winning yet another Pinball Pete's Sunday tournament!! Honorable mention to Puff Danny for coming In 2nd. Andrew Fisher did just ok. Thanks for coming out guys!

20190428_194243 (resized).jpg20190428_194243 (resized).jpg
    #64 4 years ago

Just saw this thread and thought I would chime in...

I'm part of the Detroit Pinball League which has been running about 10 years. We meet (almost always) at people home collections. About 20 to 25 members. The league has gone through some ups and downs but has persevered. It has a formal structure with a president, secretary, and rules committee. A lot of the rules are to protect the hosts. The structure can be a hassle but IMO also allows it to carry on.

It is great to play and have fun but the best part is seeing and experiencing other members home game rooms. These vary from 5 games crammed into an unfinished basement to 30+ games in incredible home game rooms. The league requirement is 5 or more good working games. With about 6 monthly meeting per year people only have to host about once every 3 years. Many host more often though.

I live out in Chelsea now (about 10 mins from AA) and know of 4 or 5 AA area collectors that could host. I am sure that there are more. If people are serious about starting an AA league I could get a copy of the bylaws and rules of the Detroit league for an example.

Parker

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from michiganpinball:

Just saw this thread and thought I would chime in...
    I'm part of the Detroit Pinball League which has been running about 10 years. We meet (almost always) at people home collections. About 20 to 25 members. The league has gone through some ups and downs but has persevered. It has a formal structure with a president, secretary, and rules committee. A lot of the rules are to protect the hosts. The structure can be a hassle but IMO also allows it to carry on.
    It is great to play and have fun but the best part is seeing and experiencing other members home game rooms. These vary from 5 games crammed into an unfinished basement to 30+ games in incredible home game rooms. The league requirement is 5 or more good working games. With about 6 monthly meeting per year people only have to host about once every 3 years. Many host more often though.
    I live out in Chelsea now (about 10 mins from AA) and know of 4 or 5 AA area collectors that could host. I am sure that there are more. If people are serious about starting an AA league I could get a copy of the bylaws and rules of the Detroit league for an example.
    Parker

Dude parker that would be great. I'd love to know as much as possible about that league!

#66 4 years ago

Pinball Pete's tournament date update!!!!

6/2/19 Sunday 8 rounds Matchplay!! Start time 6pm. Free parking!!!

More info here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/events/pinball-pete-s-sunday-matchplay-4-2019

#67 4 years ago

Congratulations to Bob King for taking home the 1st place trophy on Cinco de Mayo!!!! 2nd place went to the foreigner David Bushea!!! And 3rd place went to Mark Cebeiak!! Thanks to all that showed up. And a extra special thanks to Puff Danny and Puff Kelly for hosting such a great event. Thanks for opening your home and amazing collection to us!! Looking forward to next one!!!?

20190505_185633 (resized).jpg20190505_185633 (resized).jpg
    #68 4 years ago

Pinball Pete's Sunday IFPA Tournament Update!!!

6/2/19: 8 rounds Group Matchplay 6pm start. Cost = 1$(ifpa fee) + coin drop.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/events/pinball-pete-s-sunday-matchplay-4-2019

6/9/19: Womens Division 8 rounds group Matchplay. Start time is 530pm cost of entry is coin drop.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/events/pinball-pete-s-women-s-tournament-4-2019

6/23/19: Fair strikes tournament, 8 strikes. START TIME IS 5PM!!! Cost is 1$(ifpa fee) and coin drop.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/events/pinball-pete-s-sunday-strikes-5-2019

6/30/19: Puff Danny's Birthday Extravaganza. Keep tuned for more Info.

Free parking in Ann Arbor on sundays, including parking structures!!!!

These events are kid and family friendly!!

We will be getting a Black Knight LE very soon!

#69 4 years ago

Official Stern Army Launch Party for Black Knight LE!!!! At Pinball Pete's Ann Arbor. This Tournament will be a best game qualifying on 5 different Steve Ritchie games(chosen at random from a large collection) You will get 2 attempts on each game and both scores will count for standings! Top 50% of qualifying scores move onto the finals. Finals will be single elimination. The qualifying starts at 5pm and finals will start when the womens tournament is finished (8-830ish) yes, there will be a coinciding womens division tournament that day(starts at 530). Women have the chance to take part in both events!!! If a women wins both tournaments we will have an extra special prize!!!! This event will have random giveaways (stern swag) for those in the tournament! Award for first place!!!!

1 week later
    #70 4 years ago

I'm hosting a private tournament about 25 minutes south of Ann Arbor and still have a few spots available
    https://pinside.com/pinball/events/puff-danny-s-birthday-bash-2019

#71 4 years ago

Congratulations to Andrew Fisher for winning his 3rd Pinball Pete's Sunday Matchplay Tournament. Second place went to Ian Bell after a tie breaker with Ryan Wood. Thanks for coming out everyone! REMINDER!! THIS SUNDAY'S TOURNAMENT STARTS AT 5PM!

20190519_214246 (resized).jpg20190519_214246 (resized).jpg20190519_214251 (resized).jpg20190519_214251 (resized).jpg
    #72 4 years ago

Puff Danny's Birthday Bash is June 30th. Come help us celebrate the birthday of a local pinball legend on his excellent pinball collection for a IFPA sanctioned tournament. This event has limited attendance, so contact either Puff Danny or Me (Twoheartedmale) via pinside or Facebook to reserve your spot befor it's too late. Doors open at noon, tournament starts at 2. Cost of entry Is 16$ (1$ for IFPA, 5$ for food/soda/water and trophy, the rest will go into prize pool. The tournament will be 10 rounds Group Matchplay with top 8 moving onto finals.
    In addition to IFPA points the winner will receive a trophy and cash payout. This event Is MMJ friendly, good times will be had.

#73 4 years ago

Congratulations to Ryan Wood for winning Tonight's 2$ Tuesday!!!

#74 4 years ago

This is a reminder that this coming Sunday strikes starts 1 hour earlier then normal. We will start at 5 to help ensure that the event will end sooner.

Also happy to announce that Pinball Pete's will be covering our IFPA fee from here on out. That's right folks, the Sunday events are now a free event! (Coin drop still in effect)

1 week later
    #75 4 years ago

Check out the amazing trophy for Puff Danny's birthday bash!! This tournament is almost sold out!!! Pre pay available via PayPal to guarantee your spot for the tournament. If you were thinking about going you need to get your spot now

20190530_122810-1 (resized).jpg20190530_122810-1 (resized).jpg
    #76 4 years ago

Congratulations to new player Todd Davis for winning his first pinball tournament!! Andrew Fisher put up a good fight but ended with a 2nd place finish. Thanks to everyone who came out and bared the heat!!

TOURNAMENT STARTS AT 6PM TOMORROW!!

DOOR PRIZES WILL BE GIVEN OUT!!!

20190526_182247 (resized).jpg20190526_182247 (resized).jpg20190526_214651 (resized).jpg20190526_214651 (resized).jpg20190526_214722 (resized).jpg20190526_214722 (resized).jpg
    #77 4 years ago

A big congratulations to David DeSloover for winning tonight's Pinball Pete's Sunday Matchplay!! Chris Tabaka took second place on his first time with us, and a hard fought 3rd place went to Jason Humphrey. Ryan Wood was our lucky winner of a Aerosmith translite. Tonight was our 2nd week in a row with 20 players!!!! Next week is the Black Knight LE launch party!!! We will be giving away some cool stuff so don't miss out. Also I'm super happy to announce the air conditioning is now turned on Pinball Pete's!!

20190602_193649 (resized).jpg20190602_193649 (resized).jpg20190602_200634 (resized).jpg20190602_200634 (resized).jpg20190602_213813 (resized).jpg20190602_213813 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #78 4 years ago

Congratulations to our new player Gwen Holowecky!!!!! She won her very first tournament when she took first at the women's tournament! Mike Stewart jr. Took home the Black Knight LE grand champion trophy. Second place went to our other new player David Rothstein! 3rd place was Ryan Wood after a tie breaker with Puff Danny. Both Puff Danny and Kelly Norton took home translites, along with Bob King. Big thanks to all who came out. Just a reminder we won't be having a tournament this Sunday due fathers day.

20190609_195108 (resized).jpg20190609_195108 (resized).jpg20190609_212524 (resized).jpg20190609_212524 (resized).jpg20190609_212836 (resized).jpg20190609_212836 (resized).jpg20190609_220225 (resized).jpg20190609_220225 (resized).jpg
    #79 4 years ago

Puff Danny's Birthday Bash is June 30th. Come help us celebrate the birthday of a local pinball legend on his excellent pinball collection for a IFPA sanctioned tournament. This event has limited attendance, so contact either Puff Danny or Me (Twoheartedmale) via pinside or Facebook to reserve your spot befor it's too late. Doors open at noon, tournament starts at 2. Cost of entry Is 16$ (1$ for IFPA, 5$ for food/soda/water and trophy, the rest will go into prize pool. The tournament will be 10 rounds Group Matchplay with top 8 moving onto finals.
    In addition to IFPA points the winner will receive a trophy and cash payout. This event Is MMJ friendly, good times will be had.

And we are beyond sold out with 36 players prepaid.hope to see you all next time.

#80 4 years ago

Jesus, they're letting anyone down there now aren't they?

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Some people dont make it back up.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Apparently. It's aboot time too.

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from dos_reboot:

Apparently. It's aboot time too.

Well next time you slither into town in cover of night I'll deal with it myself.

#84 4 years ago

Just a reminder that this Sundays tournament starts at 5pm, due to it being a strikes tournament.

1 week later
    #85 4 years ago

Congratulations to Aaron Grabowski for winning this past Sundays Strikes tournament at Pinball Pete's on his first time time playing with us. He had to go through some good players to win, including Jarred August who took 2nd, Bill Lembesis took 3rd, and Jason Humphreys took home 4th. Hornable mention goes to Todd Davis and the lovely Audrey Radd who both tied for 5th.

Thanks to everyone who came out this week. We are taking this coming Sunday the 30th off in order to properly celebrate the birthday of a local pinball legend!
    But we are back on the 7th at our normal start time 6pm.

1 week later
    #86 4 years ago

Congratulations to Logan Vaughn for taking home the first place at Puff Danny's birthday bash. This Mark's his first win, and He had to out play some very good competition, including Chad Cousino who took 2nd place and Marco Vendetti whom took 3rd. Some guy named Aaron Grabowski took 4th. Big thanks for all that came to help us celebrate Puff Danny's B-day. And a extra big thanks to Puffy and Kelly for having us out and being wonderful hosts!!!!!

20190630_205323 (resized).jpg20190630_205323 (resized).jpg
    #87 4 years ago

Thank you to Justin for helping run the show and everyone that came out to make this the best birthday ever!!! Saying I was slightly hung over that morning is an understatement !!!!!! But with the arrival of all the smiling(loud)faces,a couple practice balls and a fat joint I was back to the curmudgeon you all know and love.maybe next year we get a petting zoo and a bounce house.

#88 4 years ago

I'm happy to announce that ypsilanti will now have it's own IFPA pinball tournaments. In depot town at sticks above Aubrey's. As of now we are doing the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month, excluding holidays, starting at 5pm. We will start with 8 rounds of Group Matchplay, no finals. It will be run similar to how I run Sundays at Pete's. 1$ for IFPA Fee and coin drop. If you know any pinheads in ypsi please pass the word to them. Players of all skill welcome. This place has amazing food so come hungry, they also have a full service bar so bring a DD. We will start in August on the second Monday. Hope to see you all there.

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/ypsi-flippers-at-sticks-2019

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/ypsi-flippers-at-sticks-1-2019

#89 4 years ago

Congratulations to Ryan Wood for winning his second Pinball Pete's Sunday!! Second place went to Tyrus Eagle (the new player to watch out for), and Jarred Romick took 3rd place & 2nd place for furthest traveled coming in from ohio. 1st place for furthest traveled goes to Kelli Turcyzn from Tennessee, she is also our newest member of the stern army!! We also had a rare suprises visit from a legendary pinsider/excellent pinball player too. So overall it was a good tournament, I even came in first on star wars thanks to the bob king strategy/ and little luck.

20190707_212421 (resized).jpg20190707_212421 (resized).jpg20190707_214133 (resized).jpg20190707_214133 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #90 4 years ago

Congratulations to the Wunder Kid Jared August for taking home his Second 1st place throphy from Sunday Fundays at Pete's. A well earned Second place went to a Swell Fella named Marco Vendetti. 3rd place was won by Scott August (probably no relation to the winner)

Thanks to everyone who showed up! And thanks to a few who didn't

20190714_215054 (resized).jpg20190714_215054 (resized).jpg
    #91 4 years ago

Pinball Pete's 2$ Dollar Tuesday will now be run Ryan Wood, due to former TD moving out of state. As for now things will be run the same as before, with a more consistent IFPA posting(starting july 30th). Event starts at 7pm with last match starting at 930. Cash payouts to top placers. Check out this sweet poster Ryan made!! Hope to see you all there

IMG_6510 (resized).jpgIMG_6510 (resized).jpg
    #92 4 years ago

Congratulations to Tyrus Eagle for winning his first pinball tournament ever!!! Second place went to Adam Gacek, and 3rd was won by yours truly. Just a reminder this Sundays TOURNAMENT STARTS AT 5PM!

20190721_205757 (resized).jpg20190721_205757 (resized).jpg
    #93 4 years ago

Congratulations to Tyrus Eagle for winning his first pinball tournament ever!!! Second place went to Adam Gacek, and 3rd was won by yours truly. Just a reminder this Sundays TOURNAMENT STARTS AT 5PM![quoted image]

The infant in the background mezmorized by the smartphone amid a giant room full of amusement & redemption games speaks volumes about the future of the industry.

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

The infant in the background mezmorized by the smartphone amid a giant room full of amusement & redemption games speaks volumes about the future of the industry.

When the manufacturers keep picking "old fart" themes and licenses doesn't help either.
    Not to mention pinball died long befor cell phones.

#95 4 years ago

A extra big Congratulations too Tyrus Eagle for being the very first BACK TO BACK Winner of Pinball Pete's Sunday Funday Tournament. He played some excellent pinball in order to beat out yours truly at 2nd place and Puff Danny at 3rd place. We also had a surprise visit from Jackson's own Chris Leach. Hes the man behind all the great pinball at Tilted in Jackson. I would highly recommend checking it out. Also he's running tournaments once a month on Sundays, starting this week. Please go check em out if you want to, I won't be butt hurt, Chris is a super cool dude, and keeps his Pins in Tip Top Shape.

This coming Sunday we will be having our unofficial Beatles launch party!!!! We got all the stuff to do a Beatles launch party but due to a few scheduling snafus we were unable hold the event. So this sunday at our Matchplay tournament we will have finals for the top 4, played on the Beatles. The winner will get the Beatles Launch party trophy. We will also be giving away prizes at random to people in the tournament (your uneligible if you've received a giveaway from us this year). Hope to see you all there. Free parking and a start time of 6pm!

20190728_185516 (resized).jpg20190728_185516 (resized).jpg20190728_204706 (resized).jpg20190728_204706 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #96 4 years ago

Congratulations to Andrew Fisher for winning our unofficial Beatles launch party! Second place was a new face Jacob Wolf. Third place went to our good friend Marco. Congratulations to our new player Amanda for winning the deadpool translite!!!

20190804_200011 (resized).jpg20190804_200011 (resized).jpg20190804_214426 (resized).jpg20190804_214426 (resized).jpg20190804_200129 (resized).jpg20190804_200129 (resized).jpg
    #97 4 years ago

I'm happy to announce that through a partnership with the operators at sticks, we will have alot of cool giveaways at our first Ypsi Flippers event. Which is this Monday at 5pm. The Giveaway items will include translites, TShirts, Koozies, ect. You will have a chance to take home some cool stuff just by showing up. I hope to see alot you there, please spread the word to anyone you know around the ypsi area.

#98 4 years ago

A Big Congratulations to Wunder Kid Jarred August for winning yet another Pinball Pete's Sunday Funday tournament and a sweet Batman 66 Translite. 2nd place went to everyone's buddy Marco Vendetti after a hard fought tie breaker on star wars to Tyrus Eagle who finished 3rd. See you all next week!

#99 4 years ago

Congratulations to Adam Gacek for winning the first of many Ypsi Flippers at Sticks! He won a signed Guardians of the Galaxy translite as his 1st place prize. He also won a Munsters translite as a random giveaway. New guy nate took home the American Pinball Houdini shirt, while Audrey and Kelly took home the Octoberfest Koozies. A big thank you to Chris Pascaretti for all the cool SWAG.

The next Ypsi Flippers event will be on Monday 8/26 starting at 5pm at sticks. These events are perfect for new players so please spread the word.

2 weeks later
    #100 4 years ago
    20190812_182918 (resized).jpg20190812_182918 (resized).jpg20190812_185310 (resized).jpg20190812_185310 (resized).jpg20190812_185310 (resized).jpg20190812_185310 (resized).jpg20190812_193952 (resized).jpg20190812_193952 (resized).jpg
    There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-pinball-people/page/2?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.