Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 369 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by BMHouze
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

max bike (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20211013_174040 (resized).jpg
    EDDCE042-B6E6-419F-914C-395833353ED6 (resized).jpeg
    F299DAC8-705B-4555-BF9A-4332E095CCFA (resized).jpeg
    F2EB7EAB-012D-4C17-844D-749B82A7EB0F (resized).jpeg
    headlight (resized).jpg
    framecrack1 (resized).jpg
    20211007_114607 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    21F41A10-E4D6-447C-B814-6FC9468EB7C9 (resized).jpeg
    MoreisBetter! (resized).jpg
    07F578BA-CFF5-4F0B-874A-C9B8C7173DFC (resized).jpeg
    6AE7B5E5-1E01-4FC8-BAD9-11340460D606 (resized).jpeg
    A5D3110F-6292-42A2-8A71-25162A3C2665 (resized).jpeg
    108BC941-4081-48E3-A2F2-0B6D39D1EB4C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

Assuming boarders re-open are the doors open to Canadians? (With the understanding we need to be fully vaccinated as well naturally, though I assume that will be a condition of crossing boarders too)

1 month later
    #162 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Border is currently closed to non essential travel until Aug 21.
    Canadian spots may become available.

September 21st I'm pretty sure you mean...

4 weeks later
    #193 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tazmans:

If he sells the property? His minions that did all the work will probably get nothing in return???

Did his minions take on any of the risks associated with operating a business? If someone were to slip and fall on the property and sue would the minions be part of the defence? Volunteers are volunteers, not investors.

2 weeks later
    #251 2 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Great 2021 pinball show! Thank you to all that attended.
    We started with 480 pingames working for the show... and ended with all 480 games working! I can't think of another pinball show that can state a 100% game working ratio. Seriously this is unheard of! We do *tons* of prep work to make this happen, and have the largest pinball parts reserve of any pinball show (or pinball repair shop!) on the premises.
    As for this being our last show... i would say "probably not." But frankly, I just don't know. We are getting pressures from outside sources to sell. But it's really not something i want to do. But the show, which pays for the facility, is in the red for the last two years due to covid issues. Prior to covid, we have a surplus of funds (from the yearly show) for games and building maintenance. Last two years have sucked, and i've had to dip into personal funds to finance the place. I can't do this forever...

If you manage to keep that place running on the funds of an occasional show that is remarkable. Entirely understandable that you can't/shouldn't have to fund this from personal savings when you could turn, what I'd assume, would be a tidy profit if you were to sell.

Hoping to visit again when the borders open!

#286 2 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Really the best way to support the vfw is just to buy a ticket and attend the show. it's that easy! the model works, well, when we're not in covid territory. yes this year was more expensive... but what we did was figured a people number that would be safe for everyone (given covid), and then adjust the price to fit that number of people. is it more expensive than other shows? yea probably (though i think banning was more expensive), but that's the way we tried to make it work in this covid era. I don't know what any future shows will hold (or if there even will be a future show), but this is what we tried to do.

I'll be back as soon as the borders open! If there is another show that is. If there isn't one, then I'll always have my memories... for as long as those last .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-michigan-vfw-pinball-show?tu=roar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.