Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 369 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by BMHouze
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

max bike (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20211013_174040 (resized).jpg
    EDDCE042-B6E6-419F-914C-395833353ED6 (resized).jpeg
    F299DAC8-705B-4555-BF9A-4332E095CCFA (resized).jpeg
    F2EB7EAB-012D-4C17-844D-749B82A7EB0F (resized).jpeg
    headlight (resized).jpg
    framecrack1 (resized).jpg
    20211007_114607 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    21F41A10-E4D6-447C-B814-6FC9468EB7C9 (resized).jpeg
    MoreisBetter! (resized).jpg
    07F578BA-CFF5-4F0B-874A-C9B8C7173DFC (resized).jpeg
    6AE7B5E5-1E01-4FC8-BAD9-11340460D606 (resized).jpeg
    A5D3110F-6292-42A2-8A71-25162A3C2665 (resized).jpeg
    108BC941-4081-48E3-A2F2-0B6D39D1EB4C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boagman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kurik:

Copy of the vaccine card acceptable? Rather not risk damage to the original version.

Take a picture with your phone.

1 week later
    #54 2 years ago

As good as the service is at Zingerman's, and as undoubtedly high quality as many of the things they sell are, I've only ever been there the one time, and I'm pretty local. To me, when I tried their corned beef on rye with coleslaw and Russian dressing (with pickle on the side), the best/only good thing about it was the bread, believe it or not. I will *TOTALLY* spot that their Jewish rye bread was A-grade material. However, as a sandwich, and a *very* expensive one at that? I thought it was basically a D-minus...and if the bread hadn't been good, it would have been a straight-and-solid F. The beef was lousy. The coleslaw was lousy. The Russian dressing was lousy. Heck, even the *pickle* was lousy. The *only* redemptive part of it was the bread, and I do concede that it was extremely good. Having said that? Paying the ridiculously exorbitant price for a couple of good pieces of bread was beyond the pale for me.

Fair is fair: since then, I have had parts of their other sandwiches that others have brought to the club (THANKS HERM!!!! Miss you, my friend!!!) which I thought were better, but nothing that would make me want to drive all the way to Ann Arbor to get, that's for certain. I find Zingerman's to be quite the puzzle to me.

#58 2 years ago

Hmm. I am not familiar with either Amer's or Maize N Blue. I'll check them out online and see about them. Thanks.

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Mudgies in Detroit uses Sy Ginsberg's too and I approve!!!

Mudgie's does a good many culinary things *right*. They impress me, though it's been a while since I was there.

3 weeks later
    #135 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

I always attend with my wife.
    Looking for a short list of fun 2 player oriented games.
    Linked FastTrack, games with a captive ball, etc.

One game that I find to be terrifically 2-player oriented is Olympic Hockey...but Clay doesn't have one of those, and neither do I. One of the local guys has one that's basically pristine and that I covet deeply, especially for personal reasons, but he won't part with it at all. I understand and respect his reasons...but I still want it.

#137 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Played a brand new one waaaayyyy back at Pine Tree Bowl (The Polish Palace) in Dearborn, MI. Operated by Market Music Co. of Detroit.

It was Donna's favorite game, and we enjoyed many, many sessions playing against each other on it. We'd play using hockey points for a more even match between us, and she was far more apt to beat me on that machine than just about any other. The memories are staggering for me. What's more? I actually like the play of the thing, by itself. It has character, and I find it to be quite individually amusing and challenging. It may not be the prettiest machine out there, but it has a *ton* of significance for me.

How are things in Vegas?

#139 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

All is well, we're settled in. Hopefully both Ballykid and I will see you at the show!

Indeed! I look forward to it.

1 week later
    #153 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Are either of my titles going to be at the show?
    Aerosmith, Stern Heavy Metal.

Neither of those titles are currently in the lineup at the VFW, no.

On a side note, though: Bally's Heavy Metal Meltdown *is* available, wonderfully playable, and will have you rocking your 80s hair along with it!

To be added, soon: Bally's single WPC alpha-numeric entry, Harley-Davidson. It's in the midst of being shopped, now. Going to pay like a bat out of you-know-where when it's finished.

#155 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Sweet! Underappreciated game. I would wager that most current collectors/enthusiasts have never played one.

I have *always* had a soft spot for it, though I wouldn't classify it as a "good" game...just one that I had a brief, brief experience with at an oasis in Ohio (probably belonged to Mike Pacak, natch) when I was traveling with my family as a teenager. Only got about 5 minutes on it before I was pulled off it for further travel necessity, but it left a lasting impression on me. I'm the one shopping it out, and I'm putting a lot of personal effort into it.

1 week later
    #158 2 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

All,
    some very good news. Just got a reply from our excellent T-shirt supplier, Juggernaut Graphics, that despite some COVID-related setbacks, they will still be able to supply us shirts for this year's VFW Showcase.
    I won't have final numbers / costs for a bit yet (sad to say, but expect an increase.....), but here are the designs;
    "Showcase" Shirt Front in Navy
    [quoted image]
    "Showcase" Shirt Rear in Navy
    [quoted image]
    "Club" Shirt Front in T Orange
    [quoted image]
    "Club" Shirt Rear in T Orange
    [quoted image]
    Stay tuned for more details / ordering info...
    Thanks,
    Eric V

Nice, Eric!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boagman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-michigan-vfw-pinball-show?tu=boagman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.