Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 369 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by BMHouze
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

max bike (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20211013_174040 (resized).jpg
    EDDCE042-B6E6-419F-914C-395833353ED6 (resized).jpeg
    F299DAC8-705B-4555-BF9A-4332E095CCFA (resized).jpeg
    F2EB7EAB-012D-4C17-844D-749B82A7EB0F (resized).jpeg
    headlight (resized).jpg
    framecrack1 (resized).jpg
    20211007_114607 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    21F41A10-E4D6-447C-B814-6FC9468EB7C9 (resized).jpeg
    MoreisBetter! (resized).jpg
    07F578BA-CFF5-4F0B-874A-C9B8C7173DFC (resized).jpeg
    6AE7B5E5-1E01-4FC8-BAD9-11340460D606 (resized).jpeg
    A5D3110F-6292-42A2-8A71-25162A3C2665 (resized).jpeg
    108BC941-4081-48E3-A2F2-0B6D39D1EB4C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballogist.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

Great news! Thank you! Hope we’re able to get tickets!

1 month later
    #143 2 years ago

$100/ticket? Ouch. That’s just too expensive for us. $300 and a 6hr trip for one day of pinball.. Oof.

We’ve been coming the past few years, look forward to it all year, and have always had a great time - so this is a major bummer. Thanks to Clay and all his club members. Is there info somewhere on this club or how to join?

I’m sure this year will sell out again - have fun everyone!! Hopefully next year prices will be super low to offset this year.. fingers crossed!

#152 2 years ago
    Quoted from nsduprr:

Info on the club is on the same site as ticket sales.
    There are no member *application* forms. However typically a new member is vetted for the following qualities: Experience in repairing or maintenance of games, being a regular participant, working the shows, provide other valuable skills worthwhile to the club, being local to the club (so you will show up every now and then). There is a one person vetting and approval committee.
    Thank you for your past support, we look forward to maybe seeing you in the future.

Yeah, and I emailed Clay a while ago about it and the pinball repair classes, but they had already stopped by then. It didn’t seem like they were interested in new members whatsoever.. Still have his card on my fridge!

Would love to support the VFW, but $100/per is beyond our means.

Have a great time everyone!

1 month later
    #166 2 years ago

Well, looks like me and a few friends will be coming after all!

Looking SO forward to it!

#175 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mafia_Metals:

Ooh! One of each for me. Will message

Also trying to get a shirt - haven’t heard anything back.. Messaged EchoVictor on here, but figured because of the holiday/I missed the window.. ‍♂️

2 weeks later
    #203 2 years ago
    Quoted from shimmydisc:

If I lived close I’d gladly volunteer. Access to the collection and Clay’s brain would be payment enough.

Just because you offer to volunteer doesn’t mean you’ll be taken up on the offer or be given any sort of access..

I lived 15min from VFW for almost 20yrs and the only times I’ve gotten to go inside were a couple of the recent shows - last year was awesome, loved how empty/dark it was!

I’ve offered to volunteer several times, inquired how one could become a member of “the club” .. even asked about Clay’s pinball repair classes to learn more/get involved.. No luck.

While I’m happy I get to go at all - always have wanted to go more!

#207 2 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

To be a VFW member you need some basic requirements... live close by (20 minute drive at most generally speaking.) And some skills. they don't have to be pinball skills (though that would certainly be nice.) We would really like to find a plumber or hvac guy for example! Training people to repair games is really difficult though. Mostly because it takes a lot of practice. It's a perishable skill, you have to do it a lot, and often. i've found that people that come once a week don't progress very fast, if at all. Hence it's tough to train people... being a pinball mechanic takes a lot of dedication. We stopped doing classes for this reason... the same people were taking the same class over and over. at first could not figure out why... but it was simple... they didn't use the skills learned enough, and they faded from their memory. So they were starting from zero all over again.

It’s too bad I don’t live 15min away anymore! I met those requirements and still couldn’t get into the club. Perhaps I was asking the wrong people for info!

‘If you don’t use it, you lose it’ is definitely a thing and repair classes can be a challenge - especially if you’re teaching the same people the same things.

We’re driving about 4hrs and are super excited!

#228 2 years ago

I’ll be in the brown Dunkin’ Donuts shirt.. jk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballogist.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-michigan-vfw-pinball-show?tu=Pinballogist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.