Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 369 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by BMHouze
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

max bike (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20211013_174040 (resized).jpg
    EDDCE042-B6E6-419F-914C-395833353ED6 (resized).jpeg
    F299DAC8-705B-4555-BF9A-4332E095CCFA (resized).jpeg
    F2EB7EAB-012D-4C17-844D-749B82A7EB0F (resized).jpeg
    headlight (resized).jpg
    framecrack1 (resized).jpg
    20211007_114607 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    21F41A10-E4D6-447C-B814-6FC9468EB7C9 (resized).jpeg
    MoreisBetter! (resized).jpg
    07F578BA-CFF5-4F0B-874A-C9B8C7173DFC (resized).jpeg
    6AE7B5E5-1E01-4FC8-BAD9-11340460D606 (resized).jpeg
    A5D3110F-6292-42A2-8A71-25162A3C2665 (resized).jpeg
    108BC941-4081-48E3-A2F2-0B6D39D1EB4C (resized).jpeg
    There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 2 years ago

Jay, the trees through the Minibike trails send me a thank you note that you have left the premises

#302 2 years ago

And you’re the Lorax?!

#303 2 years ago

Well, he is short and grumpy....

Later,
    EV

#304 2 years ago

Or, try verifying a meme before blindly reposting it - like a sheep. Kissinger never said this, nor is there a WHO Council on Eugenics.

I guess your confirmation bias won out not his one?

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/jun/25/facebook-posts/henry-kissinger-never-said-once-herd-accepts-manda/

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-henry-kissinger-quote-manda/false-claim-henry-kissinger-quote-about-mandatory-vaccinations-idUSKBN22Y251

#305 2 years ago

Only a sheep would fact check that??? hahahahaha you must work for Zuckerfuck???? bwhaaaaaaaaaa

#306 2 years ago

I'm proud of the VFW for upholding their vax policy. Glad to see so many people complied. No winning that situation.

For me, I got shot No. 3 and feeling fine.

21F41A10-E4D6-447C-B814-6FC9468EB7C9 (resized).jpeg21F41A10-E4D6-447C-B814-6FC9468EB7C9 (resized).jpeg
    #307 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tazmans:

Only a sheep would fact check that??? hahahahaha you must work for Zuckerfuck???? bwhaaaaaaaaaa

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
    #308 2 years ago

I agree with the VFW's vax/mask policy and hate to see the place having troubles. I was all set to go this year but a booked vacation prevented me from going. If they take donations I think I'd do that just to see it continue. Gotta play Mexico 86 again!

#309 2 years ago
    Quoted from paddlepaw:

I agree with the VFW's vax/mask policy and hate to see the place having troubles. I was all set to go this year but a booked vacation prevented me from going. If they take donations I think I'd do that just to see it continue. Gotta play Mexico 86 again!

It is what it is and let's hope for all of this to behind us next year for the May open house. And Clay.....don't be afraid to ask for some help money wise. Look at what Tim accomplished with all the public begging he did for PHOF.

Better yet....offer a access to a digital version of your complete repair guides for $40 or so. There would be plenty lining up for those.

#310 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Would you like a tissue instead?

You can wipe my ass with it.

#311 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

You can wipe my ass with it.

Sorry, we use Dunkin Donuts bags for that here.

#312 2 years ago

And bidets

#313 2 years ago

Jay, the septic system has sent me a thank you note that you have left the premises

#314 2 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Jay, the septic system has sent me a thank you note that you have left the premises

You sure it wasn't a thank you letter from public works?

#316 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

A bit of 150 grit!

#317 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tazmans:Only a sheep would fact check that??? hahahahaha you must work for Zuckerfuck???? bwhaaaaaaaaaa

No... Like a sheep, you blindly reposted that meme because it falls in line with your views. Classic confirmation bias. That is how misinformation is disseminated. Keep up the good work.

#318 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

20211007_114607 (resized).jpg20211007_114607 (resized).jpg
    #319 2 years ago

I'm pretty pissed at Jay... went to ride the mini bike yesterday that Jay rode at the show. Now i rode this bike 2 days before the show, and the only person that rode it after me was Jay. He freaking cracked the frame. I rode and it was like, "why is the rear end trying to slide out to the right???" Because fu*king Jay broke the frame! Now that mini bike is junk... Thanks Jay...

framecrack1 (resized).jpgframecrack1 (resized).jpg

#320 2 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

I'm pretty pissed at Jay... went to ride the mini bike yesterday that Jay rode at the show. Now i rode this bike 2 days before the show, and the only person that rode it after me was Jay. He freaking cracked the frame. I rode and it was like, "why is the rear end trying to slide out to the right???" Because fu*king Jay broke the frame! Now that mini bike is junk... Thanks Jay...
    [quoted image]

you have welders in the shop grind it out and weld it up!

#321 2 years ago

And add a headlight for night driving

headlight (resized).jpgheadlight (resized).jpg
    #322 2 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Oh i agree, the covid thing is definitely no-win. But that said, there is an exit from it. just everyone needs to get vaccinated. if everyone did that, this whole thing would be over. i keep hoping, but my hope isn't going to get everyone vaccinated unfortunately.

Some of countries with the highest vaccination rates are still having issues. I know many believe that the vaccine is the magic bullet, but as time passes it appears that may not be the case. I know of at least one person who has attended in the past that would not go given the current restrictions. Out of respect, they would never complain because they understand it's your right to set the rules.

There are shows successfully taking place without the restrictions. I'm sure there are people who are avoiding shows like Allentown and White Rose because there isn't a vaccine or mask mandate, but my gut tells me that having those restrictions would have made those shows impossible.

I have a lot of respect for what you done for the hobby including the repair guides, 500 repairs in 500 days(read all of the SS/EM entries), and the VFW shows. I hope someday this will all be behind us and that your VFW shows are back in the green.

#323 2 years ago

Well, soab Clay, I really feel bad about that. I too can weld, come on over to expo and I’ll make that shit right. I’ll even clean your butthole as good as your bidets cleaned mine

#324 2 years ago

A decent enough welder…

F299DAC8-705B-4555-BF9A-4332E095CCFA (resized).jpegF299DAC8-705B-4555-BF9A-4332E095CCFA (resized).jpegF2EB7EAB-012D-4C17-844D-749B82A7EB0F (resized).jpegF2EB7EAB-012D-4C17-844D-749B82A7EB0F (resized).jpeg
    #325 2 years ago

Build a bridge and get over it already, stop asking people to constantly have to justify their choices when it comes to public safety.

At some point this banter ruins things for event organizers, it’s exhausting and unnecessary. If you don’t like masks, don’t go.

Quoted from bonzo71:

Some of countries with the highest vaccination rates are still having issues. I know many believe that the vaccine is the magic bullet, but as time passes it appears that may not be the case. I know of at least one person who has attended in the past that would not go given the current restrictions. Out of respect, they would never complain because they understand it's your right to set the rules.
    There are shows successfully taking place without the restrictions. I'm sure there are people who are avoiding shows like Allentown and White Rose because there isn't a vaccine or mask mandate, but my gut tells me that having those restrictions would have made those shows impossible.
    I have a lot of respect for what you done for the hobby including the repair guides, 500 repairs in 500 days(read all of the SS/EM entries), and the VFW shows. I hope someday this will all be behind us and that your VFW shows are back in the green.

#326 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lopa:

Build a bridge and get over it already, stop asking people to constantly have to justify their choices when it comes to public safety.
    At some point this banter ruins things for event organizers, it’s exhausting and unnecessary. If you don’t like masks, don’t go.

I worked the recent VFW show (vaxxed & masked) and then attended the Pin-a-Go-Go show in Dixon (with three days of G2E in Las Vegas in between). PAGG required proof of vaccination and masks even though masks aren't required through California. It was a non-issue for me.

#327 2 years ago

Jay, I can weld the frame. that's really not the point. i just paid money to have the frame sand blasted and powder coated less than a year ago. To make it look decent, the entire bike will have to come apart down to the frame, welded, re-blasted and re-powder coated. it's significant work, time and money. and for what? so you can ride in sandals with no shirt through the woods like you're on crack, treating other's equipment like you rented it? This didn't need to happen. I let Terry ride the Rupp, and when i got the Rupp back, it was in the same condition as I gave it to him. Maybe you should use that as your guide in life... basically what I’m saying is, friends should treat each other well

#328 2 years ago

On the vaccination/mask thing... i like to sleep at night... meaning that if one of my guys got sick from working the show, or if a patron got sick, maybe it was because i didn't do enough to prevent that. And damn if someone got sick and died (i've had two friends die from covid), again even worse. I'm not interested in creating a new hell-loop for myself. And again, the number of people that appreciated the vaccination/mask thing *far* outweighed the one or two that bitched about it. I know that's not scientific cause/effect but even still, being safe is never a bad plan.

#329 2 years ago

On the mini bike crack do you have a picture of the raw edge of the break to see if that's a fresh break from one end to the other to prove previous damage wasn't powder coated over

What's your weight limit for people you let ride these I know my jumbo double wide ass doesn't belong on one

Any update on a black Friday event happening

#330 2 years ago

Jay's been slimming down!

#331 2 years ago

It’s a fresh crack you can see it clearly. Also I inspect the bikes after I ride them. And I rode it two days before the show and nobody touched it until Jay got it. It’s definitely Jay and he regardless of what others may say, is no skinny chicken. And when you ride it, if you know the bike (which I do since it’s my favorite bike), you completely understand that the frame is broken. You can feel it instantly as soon as you turn a corner. The frame feels like a giant rubber band now

#332 2 years ago

Best to keep us fatties on something with balloon tires and a beefy suspension

#333 2 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

It’s a fresh crack you can see it clearly. Also I inspect the bikes after I ride them. And I rode it two days before the show and nobody touched it until Jay got it. It’s definitely Jay and he regardless of what others may say, is no skinny chicken. And when you ride it, if you know the bike (which I do since it’s my favorite bike), you completely understand that the frame is broken. You can feel it instantly as soon as you turn a corner. The frame feels like a giant rubber band now

Before you had the frame powder coated,,, did you have it Magnafluxed to check for cracks?
    What do you expect from a 30+ year old frame which may have seen abuse for years

#334 2 years ago

Isn’t this something that should have been discussed privately between you and Jay?

#335 2 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

Isn’t this something that should have been discussed privately between you and Jay?

Like back in the woods? On minibikes?

#336 2 years ago

Shirtless, and at least one of us rock hard?

#337 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

If you’re speaking for yourself, then two

Sadness, pain, even death, let us look back on a broken mini bike fondly as we may not always possess the capacity for such frivolity
    -Lionman

#338 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Why not all of us?

#339 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Why not all of us?

Trust me, y'all don't need to see my pasty white beer gut. You'd be blinded for a week....

Later,
    EV

#340 2 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Clay, you are right, friends do not treat each other like this, SO STOP! I am telling you, hand the bike off to JAY at EXPO, his welding & fabrication skills are 2nd to none. I have seen his work. I can assure you that Jay can and will strip this down, repair it, re-assemble and you will never know the difference.

#341 2 years ago

What’s this Trail Flite worth ?

EDDCE042-B6E6-419F-914C-395833353ED6 (resized).jpegEDDCE042-B6E6-419F-914C-395833353ED6 (resized).jpeg
    #342 2 years ago

Can't you just ride the other 70 mini bikes sitting there?

#343 2 years ago

that trail flite is an awesome bike. basically i collect 3 brands of minis.... Speedway, Rupp, MTD trail flite. i have a couple other random bikes, but for the most parts, those are the three. The model you have above is good, but a year later they had the same model but with a 12" front wheel... that one is the bomb!

#344 2 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Is that frame a Speedway or Rupp??? 68-72? If so, that is where they ALL crack. Looking at your metal, it appears you had some serious frame corrosion issues before the sandblasting and painting. Yeah, Jay rode it, but I don't think you should be so quick to blame him as much as realizing you had a 50 yr old bike with a stressed frame to start with. If you can't take a mini-bike out on a trail in the woods, what good is it? Fix it or let Jay fix it and move on.

#345 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Clay, you are right, friends do not treat each other like this, SO STOP! I am telling you, hand the bike off to JAY at EXPO, his welding & fabrication skills are 2nd to none. I have seen his work. I can assure you that Jay can and will strip this down, repair it, re-assemble and you will never know the difference.

That won't work as BERK banned Clay from eXpO. Now, if lionman picks it up, repairs it, powder coats it and returns it, that would work. It needs to be Tig welded, not Mig BTW.

#346 2 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

that trail flite is an awesome bike. basically i collect 3 brands of minis.... Speedway, Rupp, MTD trail flite. i have a couple other random bikes, but for the most parts, those are the three. The model you have above is good, but a year later they had the same model but with a 12" front wheel... that one is the bomb!

The best thing you bought is the bidets, that's why the shitter is full.

#347 2 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

The best thing you bought is the bidets, that's why the shitter is full.

Only one Septic system alarm during the 2021 showcase. Clay "stirred the shit" to reset the septic switches.

#348 2 years ago

Changing the subject.
    Got this in the mail today.
    Proud and happy recipient of a 2021 VFW
    T-shirt. Thanks echovictor

20211013_174040 (resized).jpg20211013_174040 (resized).jpg

Hope to be there next year.

#349 2 years ago

Looking over the VFW pinball list online
    and surprized that Clay does not have a GTB Mini Cycle pin
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#350 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Looking over the VFW pinball list online
    and surprized that Clay does not have a GTB Mini Cycle pin
    [quoted image]

I told him to get one two years ago....

There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-michigan-vfw-pinball-show/page/7?hl=frisbez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.