Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 368 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by bob_e
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

max bike (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20211013_174040 (resized).jpg
    EDDCE042-B6E6-419F-914C-395833353ED6 (resized).jpeg
    F299DAC8-705B-4555-BF9A-4332E095CCFA (resized).jpeg
    F2EB7EAB-012D-4C17-844D-749B82A7EB0F (resized).jpeg
    headlight (resized).jpg
    framecrack1 (resized).jpg
    20211007_114607 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    21F41A10-E4D6-447C-B814-6FC9468EB7C9 (resized).jpeg
    MoreisBetter! (resized).jpg
    07F578BA-CFF5-4F0B-874A-C9B8C7173DFC (resized).jpeg
    6AE7B5E5-1E01-4FC8-BAD9-11340460D606 (resized).jpeg
    A5D3110F-6292-42A2-8A71-25162A3C2665 (resized).jpeg
    108BC941-4081-48E3-A2F2-0B6D39D1EB4C (resized).jpeg

There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
    #51 3 months ago

Any chance Zingerman's has a food truck? Pandemic fueled delivery?

Saw them on You Gotta Eat Here.

#52 3 months ago

I'll be there again this year, you lucky bastards.

#53 3 months ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Any chance Zingerman's has a food truck? Pandemic fueled delivery?
    Saw them on You Gotta Eat Here.

Or come to Las Vegas earlier to the PHoF. In downtown, at the new Circa Resort is Saginaw's Deli. Named for Paul Saginaw, one of the two founders of Zingerman's. Similar menu, same or higher insane prices,, even some Zingerman's packaged items like the $4.00 candy bars etc.

#54 3 months ago

As good as the service is at Zingerman's, and as undoubtedly high quality as many of the things they sell are, I've only ever been there the one time, and I'm pretty local. To me, when I tried their corned beef on rye with coleslaw and Russian dressing (with pickle on the side), the best/only good thing about it was the bread, believe it or not. I will *TOTALLY* spot that their Jewish rye bread was A-grade material. However, as a sandwich, and a *very* expensive one at that? I thought it was basically a D-minus...and if the bread hadn't been good, it would have been a straight-and-solid F. The beef was lousy. The coleslaw was lousy. The Russian dressing was lousy. Heck, even the *pickle* was lousy. The *only* redemptive part of it was the bread, and I do concede that it was extremely good. Having said that? Paying the ridiculously exorbitant price for a couple of good pieces of bread was beyond the pale for me.

Fair is fair: since then, I have had parts of their other sandwiches that others have brought to the club (THANKS HERM!!!! Miss you, my friend!!!) which I thought were better, but nothing that would make me want to drive all the way to Ann Arbor to get, that's for certain. I find Zingerman's to be quite the puzzle to me.

#55 3 months ago
    Quoted from boagman:

As good as the service is at Zingerman's, and as undoubtedly high quality as many of the things they sell are, I've only ever been there the one time, and I'm pretty local. To me, when I tried their corned beef on rye with coleslaw and Russian dressing (with pickle on the side), the best/only good thing about it was the bread, believe it or not. I will *TOTALLY* spot that their Jewish rye bread was A-grade material. However, as a sandwich, and a *very* expensive one at that? I thought it was basically a D-minus...and if the bread hadn't been good, it would have been a straight-and-solid F. The beef was lousy. The coleslaw was lousy. The Russian dressing was lousy. Heck, even the *pickle* was lousy. The *only* redemptive part of it was the bread, and I do concede that it was extremely good. Having said that? Paying the ridiculously exorbitant price for a couple of good pieces of bread was beyond the pale for me.
    Fair is fair: since then, I have had parts of their other sandwiches that others have brought to the club (THANKS HERM!!!! Miss you, my friend!!!) which I thought were better, but nothing that would make me want to drive all the way to Ann Arbor to get, that's for certain. I find Zingerman's to be quite the puzzle to me.

Zingermans is beyond over rated,Amer's is my A2 deli spot.

#56 3 months ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Zingermans is beyond over rated,Amer's is my A2 deli spot.

Amers has the best Grilled Cheese in town, & Zingermans has gone downhill over time for sure. The price used to be worth it as the sandwiches were so big it was basically 2 meals, but those days are over.
    Maize N Blue deli is my go to.

#57 3 months ago

Maize N Blue is definitely solid I do like Zingermans Roadhouse but $$$

#58 3 months ago

Hmm. I am not familiar with either Amer's or Maize N Blue. I'll check them out online and see about them. Thanks.

#59 3 months ago
    Quoted from boagman:

Hmm. I am not familiar with either Amer's or Maize N Blue. I'll check them out online and see about them. Thanks.

Amers NY club is my go to

#60 3 months ago

Saginaw's uses Sy Ginsberg's corned beef and pastrami shipped in from Detroit if anyone cares.

Saginaw's sandwich pricing is higher than Zingerman's from two years ago. Not bad for Las Vegas in a tourist area.

#61 3 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Saginaw's uses Sy Ginsberg's corned beef and pastrami shipped in from Detroit if anyone cares.
    Saginaw's sandwich pricing is higher than Zingerman's from two years ago. Not bad for Las Vegas in a tourist area.

Mudgies in Detroit uses Sy Ginsberg's too and I approve!!!

#62 3 months ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Mudgies in Detroit uses Sy Ginsberg's too and I approve!!!

Mudgie's does a good many culinary things *right*. They impress me, though it's been a while since I was there.

#63 3 months ago

Second shot this week.
    Will be aiming for 2 tickets.

Will be looking to trade my cash for your arcade maquees, other man cave art (trashed playfields, etc)

If there is some sort of issue (covid flare up, etc) that cancels the event you can keep my ticket money. If it helps keep the taxes paid and the lights on, I can come some other time.

#64 3 months ago

Well that's why we haven't starting with ticket reservations just yet, because i do not want what happened last year! Thinking of making the start date for ticket reservation to August 1st... originally it was going to be July 1st. But this Delta variant and not getting to 70% nationwide vaccinated has us a bit hesitant...

#65 3 months ago

The crap we have to put up with...
    Doug was cutting the lawn not too long ago and could SMELL a nasty poop smell from behind a building. Also three Dunkin Donut bags covered in poo and three BIG piles of poop against the building. He called me and i came down. at 20 feet could smell it...

Checked the cameras, some guy at 7am that morning drove behind the VFW, he drove all around back of the buildings, got out of his Jeep, and POOPED against a building, leaning up with his back against the building and squatted with his turds landing right at the base of the building. And then put his hand in dunkin donut bags to wiped his butt. Then when Doug came to cut the lawn about 10am, he smelt the dealt, and saw the donut bags.

I mean WHO DOES THAT? we are like one mile from three gas stations, McDonalds, Arby, Burger King. I mean what the hell??? I talked to the cops, they laughed at me, they would not run the plate. And they told me even if they did they couldn’t tell me who it was... If anyone recognizes this guy, let me

http://www.pinrepair.com/temp/poop1.jpg
    http://www.pinrepair.com/temp/poop2.jpg

#66 3 months ago

I know people like this! He has a germ phobia. Afraid to use public rest rooms. So he'll shit anywhere he can. Surprised he doesn't carry his own toilet paper! But what an asshole! He could have went into the woods! Cops laughed! Can't they run the F**king plate?

#67 3 months ago

wow. so the guy trespasses and cops won't do anything? well, he has to be local so be on the look out for the black jeep. follow him and shit on his hood

#68 3 months ago

I don't recognize the face or truck - did you get a picture of his ass? Someone might be able to pick him out in a lineup or something -

#69 3 months ago

Can we see the whole video?

#70 3 months ago

Current vaccines are effective against the Delta variant and all others so far so not an issue.
    Just put up signs at the door that masks are suggested for those not vaccinated.

Quoted from cfh:

Well that's why we haven't starting with ticket reservations just yet, because i do not want what happened last year! Thinking of making the start date for ticket reservation to August 1st... originally it was going to be July 1st. But this Delta variant and not getting to 70% nationwide vaccinated has us a bit hesitant...

#72 3 months ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Current vaccines are effective against the Delta variant and all others so far so not an issue.
    Just put up signs at the door that masks are suggested for those not vaccinated.

No vaccine? No attendance. That is the simplest, easiest and most effective way to deal with this.

#73 3 months ago
    Quoted from cfh:

I talked to the cops, they laughed at me, they would not run the plate. And they told me even if they did they couldn’t tell me who it was.

Your photo is clear enough that they could 100% confirm/deny him as the owner of the Jeep on file. They just don't give a fuck. Should have offered them a donut from the shit-covered Dunkin bags.

#74 3 months ago

I'm willing to bet he didn't wash his hands after...that's how you spread covid people...WASH THEM HANDS!!!!

#75 3 months ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I know people like this! He has a germ phobia. Afraid to use public rest rooms. So he'll shit anywhere he can. Surprised he doesn't carry his own toilet paper! But what an asshole! He could have went into the woods! Cops laughed! Can't they run the F**king plate?

If they’re like the cops here they don’t have time for that. We catch porch pirates on clear video stealing arm loads of packages off porches and they don’t do anything about it. Do you expect them to knock on this guy’s door with a citation in hand?

#76 3 months ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

If they’re like the cops here they don’t have time for that. We catch porch pirates on clear video stealing arm loads of packages off porches and they don’t do anything about it. Do you expect them to knock on this guy’s door with a citation in hand?

Maybe we should go into the crime business then?

#77 3 months ago

I have an FBI hook up, I could ask if he would be willing to run the jeep plate.

Brian

#78 3 months ago

They can where then on their drive home after not being admitted.

#79 3 months ago

Post a picture on one of the local talk sites.
    Give him a shit eating grin.

#80 3 months ago

The issue is not that the current vaccines don't provide immunity to the Delta Variant, the issue is that without a sufficient amount of people in the country vaccinated, the Delta Variant is given more and more time to potentially mutate locally into something that ISN'T protected by our current vaccine system.

#81 3 months ago
    Quoted from cfh:

The crap we have to put up with...

Pun intended?

Well that was pretty shitty of him to do that.

#82 3 months ago

Like Clay doesn't put up with ENOUGH shit already....

#83 3 months ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

The issue is not that the current vaccines don't provide immunity to the Delta Variant, the issue is that without a sufficient amount of people in the country vaccinated, the Delta Variant is given more and more time to potentially mutate locally into something that ISN'T protected by our current vaccine system.

Actually, one of the bigger issues is that one of the antibody cocktails that was used as a therapeutic to treat COVID-positive patients has no activity against the Delta and at least one other variant. It's use effectively made the Delta strain more common.

#84 3 months ago

Forget Delta, we're up to Lambda now.

#85 3 months ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Can we see the whole video?

Lots of them on reddit....

#86 3 months ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Post a picture on one of the local talk sites.
    Give him a shit eating grin.

Theres a ton of Facebook groups who could identify him.

15DE535A-F62C-48CD-AC30-201848D50D22 (resized).jpeg
    #87 3 months ago

Hopefully, he’s not casing your place.

#88 3 months ago

Encasing it in shit is more like it.

#89 3 months ago

That sucks, Clay. I love playing pins at the VFW. It’s what motivated me to become a collector. Some people just don’t give two shits about other people’s property.

#90 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

Some people just don’t give two shits about other people’s property.

I think we can be certain that the Dunkin' Duece Bandit gives at least one massive shit on other people's property.

#91 3 months ago

If you let people shit in your club? You wouldn't have this problem??? hahahaha. He must have had some Shitty thoughts of you LOL LOL

#92 3 months ago

If the guy had picked up his Dunkin’ Donuts bags, not sure I even would’ve given it a second thought. Would’ve written it off to a coyote with diarrhea or something along those lines. But leaving his toilet paper Dunkin’ Donuts bags behind, that’s what made me to go check the camera footage.

It’s just really weird stuff. The other day I was working outside in the alley between the buildings. And somebody drove through the blue cones at front that clearly say “private property no trespassing”, and came around back. They Then asked to use the bathroom. I told them (a couple) that there’s gas stations and restaurants only about a mile away. And that this was not a public facility. I mean they drove around back. There’s no cars visible from the street. Were they thinking they were going to sneak in and take a poop? I can’t figure this stuff out...

#93 3 months ago
    Quoted from cfh:

If the guy had picked up his Dunkin’ Donuts bags, not sure I even would’ve given it a second thought. Would’ve written it off to a coyote with diarrhea or something along those lines. But leaving his toilet paper Dunkin’ Donuts bags behind, that’s what made me to go check the camera footage.
    It’s just really weird stuff. The other day I was working outside in the alley between the buildings. And somebody drove through the blue cones at front that clearly say “private property no trespassing”, and came around back. They Then asked to use the bathroom. I told them (a couple) that there’s gas stations and restaurants only about a mile away. And that this was not a public facility. I mean they drove around back. There’s no cars visible from the street. Were they thinking they were going to sneak in and take a poop? I can’t figure this stuff out...

I will almost guarantee they were casing the joint. The asking for a bathroom is their go to excuse when caught.

#94 3 months ago

Maybe they were looking for a place to park for some afternoon delight.

#95 3 months ago

Mystery Castle is a rare game, but come on. Wait until the next pinball event like everybody else.

#96 3 months ago

Some people don't have Amazon

amazon.com link »

81eZIe9HW6L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#97 3 months ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Some people don't have Amazon
    amazon.com link »
    [quoted image]

It's on sale too!

#98 3 months ago

Some white boxes.
    A few warning signs.
    Problem solved.

51LzQ6s1wdL._AC_ (resized).jpg
    #99 3 months ago

Ironically, there are bee boxes on site.

#100 3 months ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Ironically, there are bee boxes on site.

And not far from where the pig defecated...

There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside