Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 347 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Clay Commando (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    786060DD-B973-4E03-833C-2C0E8F031BC2 (resized).jpeg
    BA402DAB-A850-41B6-9BDD-8CAC12A05179 (resized).jpeg
    7507CC6D-D5EF-4F9C-BFE4-8C9C854A5F19 (resized).jpeg
    03D016E3-070B-4E54-A5E9-001135383C55 (resized).jpeg
    5A60EACB-736D-4951-AE9F-0E819275C5AA (resized).jpeg
    20221002_173242 (resized).jpg
    20221001_095814 (resized).jpg
    20221001_145844 (resized).jpg
    20221001_122533 (resized).jpg
    20221001_110810 (resized).jpg
    2BBBCAA7-ED35-4D5C-BFE8-BE9E1FD25713 (resized).png
    fist (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20220909_212639 (resized).jpg
    There are 347 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 1 year ago

He’s just messing around nobody likes Popeye and he seriously doesn’t know anybody that likes it either. He’s just pulling your chain.

#202 1 year ago
    Quoted from cfh:

He’s just messing around nobody likes Popeye and he seriously doesn’t know anybody that likes it either. He’s just pulling your chain.

Ask Mr Eye. He will tell you he loves it

#203 1 year ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Because I'm an asshole pinball snob that thinks I'm better than you

Puff...Don't worry dude, you're not a pinball snob. Probably an A**hole though.

#204 1 year ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Because I'm an asshole pinball snob that thinks I'm better than you

You do know that admitting your problems is the 1st step in recovery? You have now been prescribed with 24 hours of Popeye Pinball & cartoons. We will not damage you any further by making you watch the Robin Williams movie version of Popeye. Call us in the morning.

#205 1 year ago
    Quoted from cfh:

I like Popeye!

#206 1 year ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Puff...Don't worry dude, you're not a pinball snob. Probably an A**hole though.

Probably? You've met me lol I'm Monroe Counties biggest(not just by weight)asshole but in my defense there are some really nice collectors down here.

#207 1 year ago

Sure you're big, an asshole, and a big asshole; but I won't believe you actually think you're better than anyone.

#208 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure you're big, an asshole, and a big asshole; but I won't believe you actually think you're better than anyone.

I own a Raven I'm definitely not a snob

#209 1 year ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Probably? You've met me lol I'm Monroe Counties biggest(not just by weight)asshole but in my defense there are some really nice collectors down here.

Just kidding bud. I count you as one of them. I think you should drop by and we can play some Ghostbusters

#210 1 year ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Just kidding bud. I count you as one of them. I think you should drop by and we can play some Ghostbusters

I can be there in 20 minutes Ghostbusters isn't so bad after playing AIQ

#211 1 year ago

Getting the games "tournament ready" for the Thursday Flip Frenzy. Reserve your spot now on the website.
    https://vfwpinball.com/?page_id=179

20220909_204239 (resized).jpg20220909_204239 (resized).jpg20220909_212538 (resized).jpg20220909_212538 (resized).jpg20220909_212544 (resized).jpg20220909_212544 (resized).jpg20220909_212619 (resized).jpg20220909_212619 (resized).jpg20220909_212639 (resized).jpg20220909_212639 (resized).jpg20220909_212652 (resized).jpg20220909_212652 (resized).jpg20220909_212658 (resized).jpg20220909_212658 (resized).jpg
    #212 1 year ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

Getting the games "tournament ready" for the Thursday Flip Frenzy. Reserve your spot now on the website.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are those Mini-Bikes in those pictures?

#213 1 year ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

Getting the games "tournament ready" for the Thursday Flip Frenzy.

Man, thanks so much to Tmontana for going out of his way to spearhead this whole thing! Lotta job for 1 dude

#214 1 year ago

your eyes deceive you. there are *no* minibikes at the vfw as of monday 9/12.
    and i stand by my statement that no one likes Popeye saves the Earth. first off, popeye doesn't save anything, and certainly not the earth. he's all about the nookie with that skinny gal. that's his sole focus. he doesn't save anything. and second, that whole game was python gone off the rails, and not in a good way either. functionally it's a difficult game to even see the ball, much less play the game (even if you remove the crazy theme.) everything about popeye saves the earth is awful.

#215 1 year ago
    Quoted from Garrett:

One day isn't enough. You will be amazed when you walk in.
    Worth the trip for any pinhead!

I only played one game on each game we played (with my wife) for two straight days, and we were only able to play a little over 100 of them. Best part was, we had never played any of them before that weekend.

#216 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Man, thanks so much to Tmontana for going out of his way to spearhead this whole thing! Lotta job for 1 dude

yea...but who mows the lawn???

#217 1 year ago
    Quoted from nsduprr:

yea...but who mows the lawn???

I don't want to break rules and edit your post; don't you mean the fcuking lawn?
    And trails?

#218 1 year ago
    Quoted from cfh:

your eyes deceive you. there are *no* minibikes at the vfw as of monday 9/12.
    and i stand by my statement that no one likes Popeye saves the Earth. first off, popeye doesn't save anything, and certainly not the earth. he's all about the nookie with that skinny gal. that's his sole focus. he doesn't save anything. and second, that whole game was python gone off the rails, and not in a good way either. functionally it's a difficult game to even see the ball, much less play the game (even if you remove the crazy theme.) everything about popeye saves the earth is awful.

I agree... It's a tough one to like.

#219 1 year ago

Now i need to play this Popeye to see just how bad it is.

#220 1 year ago

"everything about popeye saves the earth is awful."

Quoted from gjm:

"...Is this possibly the first thing you and Steve Young agree about...???

#221 1 year ago

If there's a separate thread for this, I apologize, but is there any place where folks are giving hints/previews/lists of things they plan to bring for the "yard sale" at this years show? I'm trying to sort out which vehicle I might need to bring.

#222 1 year ago
    Quoted from crobby:

If there's a separate thread for this, I apologize, but is there any place where folks are giving hints/previews/lists of things they plan to bring for the "yard sale" at this years show? I'm trying to sort out which vehicle I might need to bring.

Good idea. I might have a couple of things I'd bring by for free if anyone was interested.

#223 1 year ago

since we don't charge for the yard market thing, it's hard to judge ahead how that will go. the booth space is free. if you need power that's free too. and entrance is free (to the property, not the pinball playing part.) since it's all free and there's no sign up, just don't know ahead how many people are setting up for this.

#224 1 year ago

There's only a handful of ticket reservations left for Saturday. So if you want to go that day, you should probably get one. just saying...

#225 1 year ago
    Quoted from cfh:

since we don't charge for the yard market thing, it's hard to judge ahead how that will go. the booth space is free. if you need power that's free too. and entrance is free (to the property, not the pinball playing part.) since it's all free and there's no sign up, just don't know ahead how many people are setting up for this.

What time is the yard market starting? Sun up?

#226 1 year ago

Got my Covid (bi-variant) booster shot today.
    Had to stand in line for over an hour,
    even though I had an appointment reservation.
    Gives me some piece of mind, probably still going to wear a mask,
    if nothing else for protection from crop dusters.
    Mainly its more for my wife who is health compromised.
    She will kill me if I bring any cooties back from this trip.
    Looking forward to playing lots of games, mostly EMs or Classic S/S pins.

#227 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

What time is the yard market starting? Sun up?

that's clay's call but I would think as early as you want (within reason) since it's outside. it will give something for those that arrive before the doors open something to do
    I'll probably be there between 7 and 8 am sat/sun making sure that everything is ready to go

#228 1 year ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

that's clay's call but I would think as early as you want (within reason) since it's outside. it will give something for those that arrive before the doors open something to do
    I'll probably be there between 7 and 8 am sat/sun making sure that everything is ready to go

what will you be setting up?

#229 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Gives me some piece of mind, probably still going to wear a mask,
    if nothing else for protection from crop dusters.

That requires a gas mask! LMFAO!

#230 1 year ago

Attending the Ann Arbor show for the first time and have a few questions: (1). Will food and drink vending be available at the show inside or outside in the parking lot? (2) is exit and reentry on the same day allowed if you paid for that day?

#231 1 year ago
    Quoted from iluvak9:

Attending the Ann Arbor show for the first time and have a few questions: (1). Will food and drink vending be available at the show inside or outside in the parking lot? (2) is exit and reentry on the same day allowed if you paid for that day?

You get a wristband so come and go as you like, as there are multiple Buildings.

Snack shack will be open as usual with pop, water, dogs, burgers etc etc.
    Gotta BYOB/W though.

#232 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You get a wristband so come and go as you like, as there are multiple Buildings.
    Gotta BYOB/W though.

I was pleased to see the word "pop" used instead of "soft drinks" as it brought back memories of spending the first 28 years of my life in Michigan!

#233 1 year ago

2022 VFW pinball show SATURDAY SOLD OUT October 1st.
    There are still some ticket reservations available for Sunday October 2nd, 2022.
    thank you!

#234 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Gotta BYOB/W though.

Where’s Snack Shack? Is it the one near by Detroit?

#235 1 year ago
    Quoted from AnimeDude892:

Where’s Snack Shack? Is it the one near by Detroit?

It's on the property; 20 feet from the door.
    VFW guy's will be out there grilling all days

#236 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It's on the property; 20 feet from the door.
    VFW guy's will be out there grilling all days

The food is also good!
    Glad it's back.

#237 1 year ago

I have a love/hate relationship with the beans.

#238 1 year ago

I'm so excited to meet all of you guys. This is my first time being at this event. I will be so amazed by Clay's collection that I have no idea what I'm in for.

#239 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I have a love/hate relationship with the beans.

Maybe everyone around you did too?

#240 1 year ago

Have a couple of questions that I couldn't find answers to anywhere, but I definitely could have missed them!

1) Is it cash only at the door, or are other options available?

2) Do we need to actually bring the physical vaccination card, or will a photo suffice?

Thanks!

#241 1 year ago

1) Cash only at the door

2) Photo will suffice

Later,
    EV

#242 1 year ago

I've got 2 reservations for Saturday that we can no longer use.

#243 1 year ago

Leeann and I will be set up behind the bar again this year.

If anyone is interested in any MODs for their machines and would like to simply pick up at the show (to save on shipping)...
    feel free to visit our website (below) and use the coupon code: VFW2022

This code will give you FREE SHIPPING however your items MUST be picked up at the show on either Thursday (during the tournament), Saturday and/or Sunday.

Just be sure to leave a comment in the "Note to Seller" section what day you plan on attending the show so we can have your item(s) waiting for you.

Link to our website:
    www.ULEKstore.com

Thanks!

#244 1 year ago
    Quoted from GrueLurks:

I've got 2 reservations for Saturday that we can no longer use. Just need the $40 deposit I paid for them and they are yours.

NO you paid $1 per ticket reservation. ONE DOLLAR.

#245 1 year ago
    Quoted from cfh:

2022 VFW pinball show SATURDAY SOLD OUT October 1st.
    There are still some ticket reservations available for Sunday October 2nd, 2022.
    thank you!

Congrats! now I can stop trying to convince myself each day I can still try to book this trip and make it happen

So want to go, but really hard time justifying such a high expense trip for just 1-2 days. I really want to make this happen... hoping this goes well so you can keep it going!

#246 1 year ago
    Quoted from cfh:

NO you paid $1 per ticket reservation. ONE DOLLAR.

My bad you are correct! Wrong year!

#247 1 year ago

If anyone wants my 2 reservations just message me and I will have Clay put them in your name instead, no need to pay the deposit.

First come first serve.

#248 1 year ago

Excellent thanks to grue

#249 1 year ago

Despite rain forecast for today and tomorrow near Brighton MI
    the weather looks fairly good for the weekend

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #250 1 year ago

Spots still available for the Thursday Flip Frenzy tournament.

Link to the facebook page for the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1246065285935127

There are 347 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-michigan-vfw-pinball-show-2022/page/5?hl=ulekstore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.