Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 347 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Clay Commando (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    786060DD-B973-4E03-833C-2C0E8F031BC2 (resized).jpeg
    BA402DAB-A850-41B6-9BDD-8CAC12A05179 (resized).jpeg
    7507CC6D-D5EF-4F9C-BFE4-8C9C854A5F19 (resized).jpeg
    03D016E3-070B-4E54-A5E9-001135383C55 (resized).jpeg
    5A60EACB-736D-4951-AE9F-0E819275C5AA (resized).jpeg
    20221002_173242 (resized).jpg
    20221001_095814 (resized).jpg
    20221001_145844 (resized).jpg
    20221001_122533 (resized).jpg
    20221001_110810 (resized).jpg
    2BBBCAA7-ED35-4D5C-BFE8-BE9E1FD25713 (resized).png
    fist (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20220909_212639 (resized).jpg
    There are 347 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #151 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I never play moderns at VFW anyway, but hey, good for the noobs!

Keeps them out of our isles.

#152 1 year ago
    Quoted from TomN:

I heard a Ghostbuster’s with your name on it

I'd rather have the rash

#153 1 year ago
    Quoted from cfh:

i really liked the Jersey Guns and Roses. but got so much pressure from club members to trade it off, so that's why that happened. i don't understand the hate for GnR. but being a team player, did the trade for Deadpool.
    newest hit at the VFW is the rockola jigsaw. Friday night they played the crap out that game!

I wouldn't call it [hate] for GnR, it's just that the standard edition's play isn't that thrilling (without the upper playfield, there isn't too much to shoot for or lock).
    personally, I think that the DE version has much more going for it

1 week later
    #154 1 year ago

Hello fellow Pinsiders,

2022 VFW-AAPM Official T-shirts are now available for pre-order;
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vfw-aapm-showcase-2022-official-t-shirts-now-available-for-pre-order

Per usual, we'll have Official T-shirts available for sale at the front desk. As in more recent years, there will be two designs.

The first is the Official Showcase 2022 shirt, which will be offered in Olive, with a three color full size design on the rear, and a single color pocket logo on the front;

Slide1 (resized).JPGSlide1 (resized).JPGSlide2 (resized).JPGSlide2 (resized).JPGSlide3 (resized).JPGSlide3 (resized).JPG

Second will be our "Club" shirt offered in Purple, with a single color pocket logo on front and a full size single color design on the back;

Slide8 (resized).JPGSlide8 (resized).JPGSlide9 (resized).JPGSlide9 (resized).JPGSlide10 (resized).JPGSlide10 (resized).JPG

Sizes are available in Small through 5XL (sorry, no Tall sizes available in these shirt colors).

Just like last year, rising costs have forced us to increase our prices a little bit, but if you pre-order shirts, you receive a discount off the door price ($20 or $23, depending on size vs. $25 at the door). We highly recommend pre-ordering, as several sizes and styles often sell out on the first day. Pre-ordering guarantees that your shirts will be held at the front desk under your name.

To pre-order, simply send me a PM here on Pinside, with "VFW 2022 Shirts" in the title, and then your name, phone number, and numbers/sizes/styles of shirts you want in the text. All pre-orders are due by Sunday, September 11.

As always, we thank you for joining us during our Showcase weekend, and look forward to seeing you in on October 1-2!

Thanks,
    - Eric V

#155 1 year ago

doesn't look like the pics came through

#157 1 year ago

Pics should be fixed!

Thanks,
    EV

#158 1 year ago

I will be sending ya PM soon. Need to figure if I need L or XL.

#159 1 year ago

Echo, awesome shirts as always

#160 1 year ago

Got the 1987 Bell Cobra working tonight, it will be ready for the show. What a freakin trip that game is! The thing plays "Don't you want me baby" by Human League. Also interesting ball load for multi-ball play.

#161 1 year ago
    Quoted from cfh:

The thing plays "Don't you want me baby" by Human League.

Holy shit! I'm in.

#162 1 year ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Got the 1987 Bell Cobra working tonight, it will be ready for the show. What a freakin trip that game is! The thing plays "Don't you want me baby" by Human League. Also interesting ball load for multi-ball play.

!!!

Excited to return to the home state and come out to the show. It's been like 7-8 years since I've been to the VFW / Michigan.

#163 1 year ago

ADDITIONS TO THE 2022 VFW SHOW OCT 1 and OCT 2.

Parking lot vending/flea market.
    If you would like to vend in the parking, this is free. Also patrons to the parking lot also attend free. Sell your pinball (or non-pinball) stuff. Electricity is available for some of the space too (again free.) Obviously if you want to go inside the building to play pinball, you would need a show ticket. There will be an outside port-a-pottie for the outside folks too.

Thursday tournament.
    We are in the process of setting up a Thursday 10am to 5pm(?) "flipper frenzy" style tournament. why thursday? so we have time to get the games cleaned up for the show on Saturday. Stay tuned for details on this.

#164 1 year ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Thursday tournament.
    We are in the process of setting up a Thursday 10am to 5pm(?) "flipper frenzy" style tournament. why thursday? so we have time to get the games cleaned up for the show on Saturday. Stay tuned for details on this.

Wish you would have announced this sooner before I had already booked my flight.

#165 1 year ago

Well it wasn't really something i wanted to do (tournament.) But one of the members in the club (Bill) has been bothering me for a while to do something. So it was a compromise of sorts to do it on thursday (opposed to during the show or even friday.)

#166 1 year ago
    Quoted from iluvak9:

Wish you would have announced this sooner before I had already booked my flight.

Hopefully if things run smoothly the tournament day will become a regular part of this weekend going forward.

#167 1 year ago

Tourney sounds fun, but it's basically for locals. Not really part of the "weekend" if nothing is happening Thursday night or Friday. I totally understand the day off for repair, just sayin'.

#168 1 year ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Parking lot vending/flea market.
    If you would like to vend in the parking, this is free. Also patrons to the parking lot also attend free. Sell your pinball (or non-pinball) stuff. Electricity is available for some of the space too (again free.) Obviously if you want to go inside the building to play pinball, you would need a show ticket. There will be an outside port-a-pottie for the outside folks too.
    Thursday tournament.

Will the custom Pen & Pencil vendor from Expo 2017 be in the flea market area?

#169 1 year ago

Wild fyre listed, crowdfund it and donate to vfw!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/141185

#170 1 year ago

On the Thursday tournament... there will be over 150 games (with a solid mix of 50/50 solidstate to EM) in "the Marv" available for the tourney. This may make this the largest pinball tournament (measured by game count) in the country (since Banning/Pittsburg are gone.) So don't miss out.
    List of games in "the marv" that can be used for the tourney: http://www.vfwpinball.com/gamesmarv.php
    Info on the tourney: https://fb.me/e/1KevcaJSd

#171 1 year ago

Will there be a prize for the tourney trophy toss?

#172 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

#173 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

no. the trophy for this year's winner will be presented in a box which have already been dismantled through the use of gravity

#174 1 year ago

Ticket reservations for saturday are starting to get low. So if you want to come to the show (500+ pin games on free play), i suggest getting reservations. Also don't forget the Thursday sept 29th flipper frenzy tournament on 150 different pin games.

1 week later
    #175 1 year ago

Some good news
    It appears that the 3rd booster with new sub variants included
    will be available come early September,
    Hopefully they will allow all over 50s (or all adults) to get it.
    that will make me feel more comfortable going to VFW show in a few weeks.

#176 1 year ago

yea i'm planning on getting it too, i agree, great idea!

#177 1 year ago

Come play 500+ restored pinballs at the Oct 1/2 Ann Arbor VFW 2022 pinball show. Largest pinball show in the world (based on unique game titles.) Including all the Bally Zipper Flipper games! Ticket sales are limited, so there's no lines to play your favorite games. Saturday tickets getting thin... http://vfwpinball.com/?p=128

zipper (resized).jpgzipper (resized).jpg

#178 1 year ago

Originally from Michigan but haven't lived there in about a decade. Living the nomad life at the moment, driving all over the country for the past 2 years (playing lots of pinball). Driving down to the LP from the UP on Sat, Oct 1. Got a ticket for Sunday, super pumped!

#179 1 year ago

Everyone,

just a reminder that there's still time to pre-order your 2022 official Showcase and Club shirts;

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vfw-aapm-showcase-2022-official-t-shirts-now-available-for-pre-order

Pre-ordering guarantees you'll get the size and style you want, as we often sell out of certain sizes early. You also get a discount off the price at the show, so place your order today!

Thanks,
    Eric V.

#180 1 year ago

Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it out this year for a number of reasons. Hopefully next year.

#181 1 year ago

Ann Arbor VFW 2022 pinball show Oct 1/2 with 500+ pin games to play (largest show in the world based on unique game count.) Play nearly all the WPC games at the show (no popeye sorry.) Details at www.vfwpinball.com

wpc (resized).jpgwpc (resized).jpg

#182 1 year ago

I can not wait to see and play nearly all the Classic Stern S/S games
    (i think only missing Memory Lane and Wild Fyre)
    plus the vast Zaccaria games
    in the VFW's collection.

#183 1 year ago

we just added Bell Cobra (really a zaccaria) to the Italian collection too. very interesting and rare game.

zac_cobra1 (resized).jpgzac_cobra1 (resized).jpg

#184 1 year ago

I was always a fan of that eye candy Alien and I had not seen a linked NBA FB in a long time.
    I love checking out all the mods.
    You should be the poster child for color DMD.

It's just like the old arcade days,
    Without the cigarette smoke to cover the BO.

#185 1 year ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Ann Arbor VFW 2022 pinball show Oct 1/2 with 500+ pin games to play (largest show in the world based on unique game count.) Play nearly all the WPC games at the show (no popeye sorry.) Details at www.vfwpinball.com
    [quoted image]

Why no popeye? I know a few members that say popeye is one of the best WPC games and wish it was there.

#186 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Why no popeye? I know a few members that say popeye is one of the best WPC games and wish it was there.

Because no one expects the spinach acquisition.

#187 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Clay would prefer a *Ruptured Aneurysm* over a Popeye

#188 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Dude has 500 pins and you're bitching about a shitty wide body with a shitty upper playfield

#189 1 year ago

I am stoked to see all the games that I either have never seen or rarely bump into in the wild. A full day probably won't be near enough time.

#190 1 year ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

I am stoked to see all the games that I either have never seen or rarely bump into in the wild. A full day probably won't be near enough time.

One day isn't enough. You will be amazed when you walk in.

Worth the trip for any pinhead!

#191 1 year ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

A full day probably won't be near enough time.

I can confirm, it is not. I've been visiting Clay's collection since two locations before the VFW and still haven't had enough time to play it all.

#192 1 year ago
    Quoted from Garrett:

Quoted from yancy:

I can confirm, it is not. I've been visiting Clay's collection since two locations before the VFW and still haven't had enough time to play it all.

I wish I could stay two days. Gotta spend some time with the kiddo there at school too. Though she will get some serious pinball time in too!

I see the pics Clay is posting on Facebook with all the Zacc, Stern, etc machines. That is the type of thing I am really looking forward to in addition to all the awesome EM stuff.

#193 1 year ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

I wish I could stay two days. Gotta spend some time with the kiddo there at school too. Though she will get some serious pinball time in too!
    I see the pics Clay is posting on Facebook with all the Zacc, Stern, etc machines. That is the type of thing I am really looking forward to in addition to all the awesome EM stuff.

We got that Bell Cobra playing great

#194 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

We got that Bell Cobra playing great

Excellent, excellent. I'm looking forward to playing more Zaccs.

#195 1 year ago

I'm actually kinda glad my whole family caught (and already whipped) covid over Labor Day weekend. Basically no chance we'll have it again by VFW time, so it won't knock me out of going. Bell Cobra!

#196 1 year ago

Last year on Sunday was probably the best day ever to go because so few were there. It was like having the place to myself and I could even hear the pins!! It was as close to a perfect day as I'll probably ever come!
    A reminder to staff to NOT crank music as I we'd rather hear the pins!

#197 1 year ago
    Quoted from Garrett:

I've made 4 trips to VFW events and have only managed to play 155 games during that time. I've tracked every one of them, I try my best not to repeat any if I can help it, but it's hard, there are so many amazing games.

Edit: Just looking over the list now... so many great games, if I could only take one home with me, I think it may be the Ten Strike, I've never seen another one those before, such a cool game.

#198 1 year ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Dude has 500 pins and you're bitching about a shitty wide body with a shitty upper playfield

I'm not bitching about it. I just asked why. I know a few members that say they love it and wish it was there. why are you bitching at me?

#199 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

I'm not bitching about it. I just asked why. I know a few members that say they love it and wish it was there. why are you bitching at me?

That's typical. If they don't like it, nobody should like or enjoy it. Pinball snobbery at it's finest!

#200 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Because I'm an asshole pinball snob that thinks I'm better than you

There are 347 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-michigan-vfw-pinball-show-2022/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.