Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 369 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by BMHouze
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

max bike (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20211013_174040 (resized).jpg
    EDDCE042-B6E6-419F-914C-395833353ED6 (resized).jpeg
    F299DAC8-705B-4555-BF9A-4332E095CCFA (resized).jpeg
    F2EB7EAB-012D-4C17-844D-749B82A7EB0F (resized).jpeg
    headlight (resized).jpg
    framecrack1 (resized).jpg
    20211007_114607 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    21F41A10-E4D6-447C-B814-6FC9468EB7C9 (resized).jpeg
    MoreisBetter! (resized).jpg
    07F578BA-CFF5-4F0B-874A-C9B8C7173DFC (resized).jpeg
    6AE7B5E5-1E01-4FC8-BAD9-11340460D606 (resized).jpeg
    A5D3110F-6292-42A2-8A71-25162A3C2665 (resized).jpeg
    108BC941-4081-48E3-A2F2-0B6D39D1EB4C (resized).jpeg
    There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 2 years ago

October 2 (Saturday) and October 3 (Sunday), 2021.
    Unless Covid sinks the ship, that's the dates.
    Attendees *must* be Covid vaccinated and able to prove it at the door!
    Website will have more info and ticket reservations.
    Nearly 500 pin games on free play.
    http://www.vfwpinball.com

#2 2 years ago

Great news! Thank you! Hope we’re able to get tickets!

#3 2 years ago

Assuming boarders re-open are the doors open to Canadians? (With the understanding we need to be fully vaccinated as well naturally, though I assume that will be a condition of crossing boarders too)

#4 2 years ago

Exciting! Any idea when tickets will be available?

#5 2 years ago

Such good news! Can't wait.

#6 2 years ago

We still owe Canadians a party from last year. I think what we’re going to do is discount their tickets if they bought a reservation last year. But to be honest, you guys may not be able to come this year either due to the border.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

We still owe Canadians a party from last year. I think what we’re going to do is discount their tickets if they bought a reservation last year. But to be honest, you guys may not be able to come this year either due to the border.

C’mon, you mean coming to VFW isn’t “essential travel?”

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

due to the border

What aboot the Boarder?

#9 2 years ago

Usual baked beans available at the concession stand or should we pack our own cropduster fuel?

#10 2 years ago

It is literally against the law if you make people prove a vaccine card.!!!

Lawsuit waiting

#11 2 years ago

Hoping to make it back!

#12 2 years ago

Hey @kisspin, good luck with your lawsuit.

#13 2 years ago

Just to be clear, NO ONE is getting into the show without proof of vaccination.
    100% of the VFW personnel are vaccinated, and i have images of their cards as proof.

So if you're not FULLY vaccinated before the show, please do NOT get a ticket reservation!!
    It's really pretty simple. Go play pinball somewhere else.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

The border is tied to vaccine rates. Last I read we wanted 75% vaccination rate in Canada, which we are well on our way to. I'm optimistic the border will be open long before the show.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Just to be clear, NO ONE is getting into the show without proof of vaccination.
    100% of the VFW personnel are vaccinated, and i have images of their cards as proof.
    So if you're not FULLY vaccinated before the show, please do NOT get a ticket reservation!!
    It's really pretty simple. Go play pinball somewhere else.

Private club, they can require what ever they want.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from KissPin:

Lawsuit waiting

False. See here, for one: https://www.hipaajournal.com/is-it-a-hipaa-violation-to-ask-for-proof-of-vaccine-status/amp/

And to quote:
    “Is it a HIPAA Violation to Ask about COVID Vaccines?

No. Any organization can ask any employee, customer, or relevant third party whether or not they have been vaccinated against COVID-19 without violating HIPAA.”

See also: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5251954001

https://www.capradio.org/articles/2021/05/25/no-it-is-not-illegal-for-businesses-to-require-proof-of-vaccination/

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/businesses-arent-violating-your-rights-when-they-ask-if-youre-vaccinated

#17 2 years ago

Probably going to fly out for this one! Looking forward to it!

#18 2 years ago

better believe I will be there this year!!! Tailgating and all!!!

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

better believe I will be there this year!!! Tailgating and all!!!

Not with me you wont

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Not with me you wont

We can tailgate at the pariah leper colony across the street

#22 2 years ago

Copy of the vaccine card acceptable? Rather not risk damage to the original version.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Not with me you wont

you know, you could get the shot

#24 2 years ago

It's ok puff, you could get one too lol

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

you know, you could get the shot

I already do enough experimental drugs

Quoted from Bax1:

It's ok puff, you could get one too lol

Unfortunately I'm not healthy enough to get it and my Dr. has advised against it

#26 2 years ago

It's Clay's PRIVATE club and I support his right to make his rules for entry It's still America and you should be able to run things the way you feel is safe and comfortable.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from KissPin:

Lawsuit waiting

Hell of a first post! It has it all! Factually inaccurate, easily resolved via Google in 5 seconds, poorly constructed wording, and random (and missing) punctuation! Nailed it!

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Unfortunately I'm not healthy enough to get it and my Dr. has advised against it

I'm really sorry to hear that. I've had a bunch of friends who are so compromised that even with the vaccine they still just aren't safe. Hoping that we can get to a point of immunity so that people who are unable can attend events like this too.

Makes me sad to see people refuse to get the shot on some sort of principal they hold, when really all it's doing is harming themselves or preventing people who aren't able to get help get back to their normal lives.

Quoted from Kurik:

Copy of the vaccine card acceptable? Rather not risk damage to the original version.

They did really doink this one up by making those cards like, you know, ever so slightly too big to fit in any type of wallet safely. From any place I've been that is requiring vaccination, usually presenting a copy of card and a few other forms of ID are okay enough.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Not with me you wont

We'll miss you!
    Hope you change your mind.

#30 2 years ago

I want to travel, period. My wifes' tan has suffered.
    Will be all juiced up and ready.
    Health care is already free, May as well.
    Lock-down has basically erased league play here.
    With only 2 machines, and one down.
    I am booking that Saturday when I go in Monday.

I will have room to bring home a pin if there is a raffle (hint, hint).
    Poster? T-shirt?
    I want one of last years posters with 'canceled' stamped on it.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:We'll miss you!
    Hope you change your mind.

Ill see you again at another show rob. Hope all is well

#32 2 years ago

Glad you all get your law information from a 5 second Google search hahaha.

Good luck!

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Hell of a first post! It has it all! Factually inaccurate, easily resolved via Google in 5 seconds, poorly constructed wording, and random (and missing) punctuation! Nailed it!

Good luck!

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from KissPin:

Good luck!

I know one of the above commenters has a law degree

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from KissPin:

Lawsuit waiting

Lawsuit barring you from playing pinball? Please.

It’s a private club and the owner can dictate the rules. Your choice to attend or not.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from KissPin:

Good luck!

Care to share where you got yours from? I'll wait...

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

As do I. Thank you

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

It’s a private club and the owner can dictate the rules. Your choice to attend or not.

I would imagine this would be like any business. The owner can refuse service to anyone to protect the business. Protect customers. And to protect himself.

And I doubt any attorney would handle this on a contingency. A good litigator would cost at least $10K up front. And a good one would tell you not to do it because you can't win.

LTG : )

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I am sorry for your health issues. I do hope the best for you and your health.

LTG : )

#40 2 years ago

My suggestion is you just take a picture of your vaccination card and have the picture on your phone. Easy squeezie...

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kurik:

Take a picture with your phone.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Quoted from KissPin:

As do I. Thank you

Nothing Lawyers in pinball wont end up ruining

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from KissPin:

As do I. Thank you

From where? Sidewalk U?

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

From where? Sidewalk U?

Or..

632_550x550_Front_Color-White (resized).jpg632_550x550_Front_Color-White (resized).jpg
    #45 2 years ago

Tim here at the PHOF. I am very glad to see Clay's attitude about VAC-Slackers. Playing a stupid marble game is NOT worth anybody's health. Vaccination is safe, it works, and as a private club, the VFW is NOT subject to any public accommodation laws. If the VFW does not want to associate with those who do not believe, that's legal.

#46 2 years ago

T-shirt topic... I never knew that the 2018 shirts used the florescent green ink that lights up in black light. It looks really cool that the pic doesn't fully capture.

Long sleeve t-shirt option for the next one please.

20210606_194913 (resized).jpg20210606_194913 (resized).jpg20210606_194958 (resized).jpg20210606_194958 (resized).jpg
    #47 2 years ago

Glad you like it BW. Was wondering if anyone would figure that out.

The challenge with long sleeve shirts is availability. The good quality Gildan shirts we like to use come in about 40 different colors for short sleeve, which gives me a lot of flexibility in the design stage to vary the colors for both the "Show" shirt and the "Club" shirt. My goal is to have each year's designs look very different from the last. The same quality shirt in long sleeve only comes in 6 colors...

That being said, we have received a few similar requests from both members and attendees. Since this year's "Show" shirt happens to be in one of those 6 colors, there will be an option for long sleeves for this one.

Stay tuned.

Thanks,
    Eric V

#48 2 years ago

Nice! I like a long sleeve shirt too.

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Glad you like it BW. Was wondering if anyone would figure that out.
    The challenge with long sleeve shirts is availability. The good quality Gildan shirts we like to use come in about 40 different colors for short sleeve, which gives me a lot of flexibility in the design stage to vary the colors for both the "Show" shirt and the "Club" shirt. My goal is to have each year's designs look very different from the last. The same quality shirt in long sleeve only comes in 6 colors...
    That being said, we have received a few similar requests from both members and attendees. Since this year's "Show" shirt happens to be in one of those 6 colors, there will be an option for long sleeves for this one.
    Stay tuned.
    Thanks,
    Eric V

Thanks for your work on this, EV.

#50 2 years ago

I am forced to miss again due to work conflict. Good luck Clay. I will make it there eventually!

There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-michigan-vfw-pinball-show and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.