Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 562 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mystic1 (resized).jpg
    fastasy1 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1512 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1558 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1528 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1547 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1548 (resized).jpg
    C82392AF-92D9-4691-A45D-65C23ADB3A02 (resized).jpeg
    20190504_163814 (resized).jpg
    20190504_160515 (resized).jpg
    6397D37B-51D3-4559-958A-5E9BE72239AF (resized).jpeg
    2B0670F1-C42F-41CC-BDDB-9CA845F2CA51 (resized).jpeg
    25980 (resized).jpeg
    20190503_222648 (resized).jpg
    01B2127D-DFB2-484E-A9FF-D0614DFA639F (resized).jpeg
    20190503_133952 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 5 years ago

we will have a new vendor this year at the may show (ulekstore.com) and they make some really nice stuff. david will probably chime in here soon for those that want to pre-order any of the many custom items that they can craft

and speaking of custom items, in a partnership that we've worked out, coffee mugs and pint glasses with the VFW logo will be available for pre-order through ulekstore.com to be picked up at the show this year. here's a sneak peek of the items:
    3 mugs (2) (resized).jpeg3 mugs (2) (resized).jpeg

the coffee mugs (11 and 15oz) are full color and sublimation printed on both sides (and come packaged in gift boxes) and the pint glass (16oz) is laser etched on one side. all items are dishwasher safe

based on the demand level, we may produce some extras to have at the show for impulse purchases

1 week later
    #172 5 years ago

as far as I know, we *will* be holding an e.m. tournament on friday

plans for saturday evening are still up in the air (last year literally kicked my ass and I was beat after two 12+ hour days. I guess I'm not young anymore

#174 5 years ago

everyone will be subject to bill's strict rules and more of my jackassery once again

we might try something different for saturday evening, if we decide to do something. if, and that's a big IF, we do decide to do something, it's going to be limited to 16-32 people and will run after the show closes @ 8pm

#192 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

+2
    64 person pinball tourny all the way.

this is an additional tourney that we are considering. the EM world pinball tourney will still occur on friday before the show starts

#194 5 years ago

the 70s the first week in may in michigan? ha! there have been years where we've gotten snow
    I'd settle for high 50s to low 60s and a dry and mild weekend

#202 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Maybe a high score tournament on predator

I didn't know that chris hanson was making a guest appearance at the VFW this year

1 week later
    #233 5 years ago

I thought that after the show this year, we were going to put clay into a cryo chamber and wait until 2112 to unfreeze him

#237 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Friday going away is understandable. I’d much rather the show lose a day than burn out the minions and lose the whole shebang. Friday is a travel day and/or night for a lot of us anyway.

you are you calling a minion?

clay makes us wear orange shirts and no overalls!! and don't even get me started on the [expendable] staff parading around in their red shirts like no-name, one time appearance star trek crew members

3 weeks later
    #264 5 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Yea “losing” all three of your games gives you the best opportunity to play whatever you want. Highly recommended!

NOTE: receiving 3 strikes in the EM tourney does not allow you access to the main hall until 1pm. yes, this nets you 3 "extra" hours of playing time in the main hall, but wouldn't you rather play games in the tourney and hope to win one of the random door prizes and/or the trophies?
    clay and some of the the members have created some rather "interesting" and pretty cool trophies for this year

I'm thinking of making people who intentionally bow out of the tourney wear a "pinball loser" dunce cap and being followed around for the remainder of the day by a nun ringing a bell that repeatedly shouts out "SHAME!"

#271 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Will the tournament be registered with the IFPA for WPPR points?

no, I'm sorry but the tournament is not an IFPA affiliated event. it's enough for the 2 of us running the event to keep track and keep the event going without having to collect and submit the $1 per person entry fee and the scores

#274 5 years ago
    Quoted from SurlyOldPunk:

In the tourney - Born to lose, Live to PIN
    CFH

Any chance us mooks WITHOUT Friday event tix, but playing in the tourney, can play free range until 4pm, maybe for price$$? . I have Saturday Tix already... Just trying to maximize my time between drives.

your best best is to reach out to clay and see if he would be willing to sell you a friday ticket

1 week later
    #296 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballogist:

I just found out that I would be able to attend this show, but tickets are sold out? Does anyone know what the chances are of getting in for any of the days? Always have a great time at this event, it's close by and would love to get more involved! Cheers!

that's the double-edged sword that plagues every show. put tickets on sale early and it has the potential for selling out out too early. put them on sale too close to the show date(s) and you risk not selling all of your tickets

2 weeks later
    #350 4 years ago
    Quoted from GrueLurks:
    I needed a couple of tickets for the last show for a friend and had to pay a scalper (a former member of the club) above face value for the tickets.

What a douche move. I would say that if someone is offering you tickets but holding them out at a higher than face value price trying to make a profit, then let Clay know. He could then just refund there $5 reserve fee and release the tickets to those who really want to go.

who do you think was scalping them?? (clay's got to make money to pay for all those mcdonald's breakfasts somehow
    btw, if someone wants to score points with him. bring him the following:
    - medium coffee w/ 2 cream
    - sausage mcmuffin w/ extra butter

#362 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I am.
    True, <snip>I'm a tough behind<snip>

hmm... is this the real reason he let you in the club?

#364 4 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

need to figure out a way of banning the scalpers from purchasing tickets FOR LIFE

that's easy. I like the idea of the buyer either being refunded or losing their deposit and the ticket gets freed back up and available for purchase directly from the vfwpinball.com site

#395 4 years ago

I have a sheet of NOS pinball 2000 playfield glass (with the original bally/Williams shipping box) that I'm looking to sell if anyone is interested. $200

I will only bring it with me if I have a buyer and I will be at the show on Friday and Saturday (pm me for details

#412 4 years ago

the M-43 strawberry just came out as well. it may be hard to find though since many of their releases are limited and usually sell out in the first couple of days

I will bring one and gift it to the first person to find me on friday after 5pm. it will be nice and icy cold

#428 4 years ago

said unicorn wrangler still has some left for my good friend, chicago mob boss yancy

#430 4 years ago
    Quoted from DylanFan71:

Does registration start at 9?

we are actually planning on starting registration at 8:30am and hope to start the tournament at 9am (but more realistically, the tournament will start at 9:30am

#436 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

So, if we pre-registered weeks ago, we don’t need to bring anything to prove that, our names are on a list? We just need the rest of the entry fee?

it makes it easier if you have the email from your paypal transaction. we've found in the past that many people have paypal accounts set up under either a spouse's name or something that they don't remember (eg. something other than their primary email account

if you have printout (or email) of the transaction, we can usually cross reference it quickly and easily (making it that much quicker to get you your wristbands and move onto the next person)

#503 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man...tryin to digest this glorious weekend. By far, and I mean REALLY far, my favorite location for a show. This place was slightly out in the woods, and it was a PERFECT setting. Loved it.
    Was great to finally meet some of you MI and OH dudes. I finally hung out with TheLaw, and he's pretty fuckin awesome.
    Next year I'm just bringin a tent and stayin Thur-Mon. See y'all next year.

yeah, and we didn't do anything at all

#514 4 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

Also, big shout out to Clay and all the club members/workers. Awesome show as always. Food was great. Games were also great. Liked the new layout. Wish I could have met more of the workers and been able to put a face with the pinside name.

come back in the fall. like last year, we'll probably do a one day show in late september/early october on a saturday when it's nice and cool out

#549 4 years ago

why is everyone shouting as of lately in this thread?

#553 4 years ago

looks like we're good now that the thread has gone to a new page

edit: yancy!!!!!!!!!!!!

#556 4 years ago

where you at?

#560 4 years ago

and... it's back again jk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2019?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.