Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 562 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mystic1 (resized).jpg
    fastasy1 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1512 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1558 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1528 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1547 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1548 (resized).jpg
    C82392AF-92D9-4691-A45D-65C23ADB3A02 (resized).jpeg
    20190504_163814 (resized).jpg
    20190504_160515 (resized).jpg
    6397D37B-51D3-4559-958A-5E9BE72239AF (resized).jpeg
    2B0670F1-C42F-41CC-BDDB-9CA845F2CA51 (resized).jpeg
    25980 (resized).jpeg
    20190503_222648 (resized).jpg
    01B2127D-DFB2-484E-A9FF-D0614DFA639F (resized).jpeg
    20190503_133952 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 5 years ago

Alrighty folks. Looks like the wife and I are headed to Ann Arbor this year!

We will be bringing a couple games with us. Glad I was able to find a couple they don’t already have. Haha.

Can’t wait!

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The triumphant return of Pinstadium Dun Dun Dunnnn

You’re going to be able to see these things from your hotel rooms.

#57 5 years ago

FYI, Best Western and Holiday Inn Express may be sold out.

#61 5 years ago

I’m just glad we got a room. We had to commit to a $150 per night rate at holiday Inn. Pricey, but not terrible.

1 week later
    #92 5 years ago

Yeah I go to pinball shows to play pinball only. Tournaments are good too assuming they aren’t HERB style. All the other fluff doesn’t interest me. That’s why vfw has always had my attention. So glad i could make it work this year.

It’s nice to have both kinds though. If you want all the hoopla of the new games and custom games, etc you have Chicago and Texas. If you want to play pinball you got Lots of options there too.

Limiting attendance is key too. Luckily we didn’t have to turn anyone away at Pincinnati, but one of our main concerns is that there’s never more than a game or two wait at the most popular games.

1 week later
    #121 5 years ago

Super pumped that the EM only tournament is happening! What is the format usually?

#123 5 years ago

Oh wow. 2 player strikes. That would be interesting! Can’t wait.

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Ah yes, best of 3 per round, forgot about that.

So if you lost the best of three you’d get one strike?

3 weeks later
    #173 5 years ago

We are getting there Thursday night and will plan on the EM tournament assuming it happens. I’d be willing to help with anything Saturday night if need be too.

#187 5 years ago

Id be down to play, but I have no idea how to play any of those games. Haha. Willing to learn though!

1 month later
    #263 5 years ago

Where can I get the tournament tickets? Not seeing on the website.

1 week later
    #301 5 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Now begins the yearly debate....
    Do I swap off my winter wheels before making the drive out there or not.?
    Hmm

May 5th in Ann Arbor has possibility of snow? Sad face.

2 weeks later
    #349 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Yes, I know, but it's roughly the same cabinet as what it's next to.
    I was playing a Beatles tonight and it wasn't significantly different from it's surroundings.
    Just looks really short in that pic

The legs mount higher on the cabinet. Game is not nearly as steep as new games.

#378 4 years ago
    Quoted from Asylum:

Dude... I can't wait to meet you.

Careful what you wish for.

#379 4 years ago

Ooooo yeeeeeeah!!

A265DAD5-0698-4450-956C-0CCB5351E43D (resized).jpegA265DAD5-0698-4450-956C-0CCB5351E43D (resized).jpeg
    #392 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Three Floyds has one of the tastiest wheats....Gumball Head. I only get it for special occasions cause it's mf $13.99 a sixer OUCH.
    What flavors you fellas prefer? Violent Steve got me hooked on IPA's. I'll try to bring a variety. More importantly, how close are we to a dispensary???

Gumball Head is amazing.

#401 4 years ago

Heading up in 5 hours or so! Will there be dollys up there I can use? I rather not bring mine if I don’t have to.

Can’t wait!

#424 4 years ago

For anyone staying at the holiday inn express in Brighton, it’s a Wyndham now. Reservation was still good. Haha. Just FYI.

#461 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Any chance an Oktoberfest is there?

No. Sorry.

#482 4 years ago

Had a fantastic second day! Had to pack up our games so we weren’t in the way tomorrow. Can’t stay until 4 pm tomorrow.

Hoping to pop back in before heading back tomorrow, but wanted to thank all the awesome volunteers and techs for the hard work this weekend. The show was amazing.

Big shout out to Clay too for hooking me up with a new data east shooter plunger. Mine snapped and WWF would’ve been down the rest of the weekend without his help. So grateful.

This show was absolutely as advertised and I hope to make it back in the future!

#484 4 years ago
    Quoted from suave84:

chuckwurt . That was one of the nicest WWF games I have ever seen. Look like it was brand new.

Thanks! When I bought that I immediately wanted others to see it. From what I understand, it started in a dentist’s home basement, went to a buddy of mine for 5 years or so, then on to me. The other examples of these I’ve played were beat to hell. So glad I got a nice one.

#498 4 years ago

So some fun facts/stats from my wife and mine’s two days at the show:

We both were knocked out of round 5 of the EM tournament and played about 10-11 games of pinball each.

Then for the rest of Friday we battled it out over 44 games. Winner got a point.

At the end of the night (seriously the last game finished as they called LAST BALL!!), we ended the day tied at 22-22.

Sprinkle in about 10 other games with friends and we played over 60 games of pinball on Friday.

I’d say of those games, less than 5 were on a dmd or newer game.

Saturday we played another round of head to head and finished at 25-10 with me taking the win.

Of all the games we played (approximately 100 games), we probably played 80-85, I’ve never played before.

My favorite games BY FAR were the 50-60s games with the back box animations (buckaroo, jungle, mermaid, and flipper cowboy to name a few).

ACDC got played a ton. It had just over 450 plays before the weekend.
    C82392AF-92D9-4691-A45D-65C23ADB3A02 (resized).jpegC82392AF-92D9-4691-A45D-65C23ADB3A02 (resized).jpeg

Also, I specifically remember meeting Asylum , @bax1, and amkoepfer . Nice to meet you guys and hope to hang again at the next one!

#551 4 years ago

Yeah what’s the deal with the bold?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2019?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.