Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 562 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mystic1 (resized).jpg
    fastasy1 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1512 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1558 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1528 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1547 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1548 (resized).jpg
    C82392AF-92D9-4691-A45D-65C23ADB3A02 (resized).jpeg
    20190504_163814 (resized).jpg
    20190504_160515 (resized).jpg
    6397D37B-51D3-4559-958A-5E9BE72239AF (resized).jpeg
    2B0670F1-C42F-41CC-BDDB-9CA845F2CA51 (resized).jpeg
    25980 (resized).jpeg
    20190503_222648 (resized).jpg
    01B2127D-DFB2-484E-A9FF-D0614DFA639F (resized).jpeg
    20190503_133952 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beyndtstng.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago

Hope to return for the 2019 show!

6 months later
    #55 5 years ago

Just bought my ticket reservation for 2019. Fantastic show last year with some great guys providing support throughout the event. Hope at least the morning tournament happens again since it bought you an extra six hours of awesome gameplay! If it doesn’t, is there a possibility of the show opening before 4? Perhaps a VIP option?

2 weeks later
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

Is the Friday EM tourney back on?

I’m game for this if it’s early enough!

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

yes friday tourney is on, 10am to ? (usually over by 3.30). i just haven't put up tickets for it yet.

Great, will you announce here or should we just check the site?

1 week later
    #113 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Bump for the E.M. Tourney. It's the only competitive pinball I participate in each year. Glad to hear it's back on. Thanks to Clay and the VFW volunteers for makin' this happen.

Checking for this as well!

3 weeks later
    #162 5 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Just a heads up... There's a new cook this year at the VFW. the old cook has to go to some kid's graduation from UofM... new cook is younger and more energetic. but this is his first run, so i don't know how those beans will stack up... old cook's beans were pretty good. hoping new guy holds that bar.

Just keep those burger patties coming. Going for another quad burger this year!

1 week later
    #176 5 years ago

I am absolutely game for both. Both tournaments were a lot of fun last year and I was able to meet a lot of good dudes. Clay, should we just check this topic for the tournament update or should I refresh your website every two hours?

#177 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

as far as I know, we *will* be holding an e.m. tournament on friday
    plans for saturday evening are still up in the air (last year literally kicked my ass and I was beat after two 12+ hour days. I guess I'm not young anymore

Physically you looked great and you kept your humor solid till at least 10:30

#196 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

this is an additional tourney that we are considering. the EM world pinball tourney will still occur on friday before the show starts

I really enjoyed the Saturday tournament last year. Game selection was great and so was the group. I think the only flaw with it was the winner would be put in the queue instead of the loser. If you lost then you had to play someone who won their match. It was pretty easy to get on a 8+ game winning streak that way if you found yourself in the “winner’s row.” I would make it to where a winner had to play a previous winner. That way you wouldn’t see huge streaks for either side. I vote for this again!

#203 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Maybe a high score tournament on predator

I did not see this last year. Is it hidden away?

#207 5 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

You will always have a winner playing a loser. Not sure how you could have winners playing winners without leaving the losers sitting in the queue forever??

There were four chairs for the winners. Winner 1 sits in the chair loser 1 waits. Next match result occurs, winner 2 comes back and gives their chip. They play the next winner in line. Just make a winner chair row and loser chair row. Winners plays winners, losers play losers.

#215 5 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

So in this scenario who goes to the back of the lines?

It’s just creating two separate rows. If there is nobody sitting then loser sits chair one of his row and winner sits chair 1 of his row. Next people that come back, match winner with winner and loser with loser. More games that way. I’m just happy to play longer so I’m cool with whatever if it gets me an extra few hours Saturday.

4 weeks later
    #260 5 years ago

Yea “losing” all three of your games gives you the best opportunity to play whatever you want. Highly recommended!

1 week later
    #290 5 years ago

I was unable to find a decent flight out Sunday so I have a Sunday show ticket and an extra Friday EM tournament ticket available for the first person who wants it.

#295 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballogist:

I just found out that I would be able to attend this show, but tickets are sold out? Does anyone know what the chances are of getting in for any of the days? Always have a great time at this event, it's close by and would love to get more involved! Cheers!

I still have a Sunday show ticket and Friday EM ticket available.

1 week later
    #319 5 years ago

I still have a Sunday ticket and EM ticket available as well.

#332 5 years ago

Gary is the man!

#334 4 years ago

Have one EM ticket available for the Friday morning tournament. PM me if interested.

#342 4 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Are there any Sunday tics available?

I have one available. Pm me

#495 4 years ago
    Quoted from stormyt:

Anyone need to sell a ticket for Sunday? Thought I was going to have to fly out early Sunday but its not until the evening now so I'd like to run back out to the show.

I have a ticket. Email me [email protected] and I will attach clay to the email for the reservation.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beyndtstng.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2019?tu=beyndtstng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.