Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 562 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mystic1 (resized).jpg
    fastasy1 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1512 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1558 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1528 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1547 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1548 (resized).jpg
    C82392AF-92D9-4691-A45D-65C23ADB3A02 (resized).jpeg
    20190504_163814 (resized).jpg
    20190504_160515 (resized).jpg
    6397D37B-51D3-4559-958A-5E9BE72239AF (resized).jpeg
    2B0670F1-C42F-41CC-BDDB-9CA845F2CA51 (resized).jpeg
    25980 (resized).jpeg
    20190503_222648 (resized).jpg
    01B2127D-DFB2-484E-A9FF-D0614DFA639F (resized).jpeg
    20190503_133952 (resized).jpg

There are 562 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.
    #1 5 years ago

Would like the announce the dates for the 2019 Ann Arbor pinball show. They are Friday, Saturday, Sunday May 3-5, 2019. There will be over 400 pinball games on free play available at this event. Tickets go on sale January 1, 2019. This is an advance sale event. See http://vfwpinball.com for more details.

Also I would like to announce a Fall Ann Arbor mini-show. This will be Saturday September 29, 2018 at from 10am to 8pm. Again over 400 pinball games on free play available at this event too. See http://vfwpinball.com for more details.

Unlike the spring event, this will *not* be a pre-register event. It will be cash-at-the-door. We are thinking about a $5 pre-register via paypal to keep numbers in check. But I guess i'm willing to hear ideas on that. But we may just try no pre-register and see where this goes. For a first time event, i have to figure it will be pretty tame.

Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

We are fine with either approach to the Fall event. My wife and I were first time attendees to the Spring event and we are just excited that we don't have to wait a full year to go back!

#3 5 years ago

Following. Sounds like a good time!

#4 5 years ago

Pre-register and cash at the door sounds good to me. This is exciting. Thank you!

#5 5 years ago

Excited for an extra opportunity to play in the fall!

#6 5 years ago

Count me in for September show!!

#7 5 years ago

Count me in too !! Too many games I never played at the spring show.

#8 5 years ago

There's services like Yapsody and others that handle online tickets I can't remember who I used when I held a concert a few years back but it worked good.attendees could buy hard tickets from me or the website and have tickets mailed and I could track sales online and got payed at the end for online sales.hard tickets would save a lot of time at the door.
    https://www.yapsody.com/ticketing/

#9 5 years ago

Hope to return for the 2019 show!

#10 5 years ago

Mini-show: Since we have to travel up there, a $5 pre-registration would be appreciated. Hotel reservations that we can't cancel, rounding up someone to watch the cat, a long drive up there, etc...takes a level of commitment on our end, and it would nice if we were guaranteed entrance. Might end being a very popular show with people within reasonable driving distance.

5 months later
    #11 5 years ago

For the Spring 2019 event: tickets go on sale 1/1 = will a link be added to the page to buy tickets or ?

#12 5 years ago

yea i usually do that the morning of the 1st. but i could be later i the day too. just depends.

#13 5 years ago

The May 3-5, 2019 Ann Arbor VFW pinball show ticket reservations are now available at http://vfwpinball.com/?page_id=179

#14 5 years ago

I got mine....thanks in advance Clay for having this awesome event. Looking forward to it.

#15 5 years ago

Will the EM tournament happen again this year?

#16 5 years ago

I don't know about the tourney this year. things are still getting sorted out. Adam, our sponsor from Dominos, who frankly makes the whole tournament actually work and happen, retired last year from Dominos. I don't know if Dominos will continue their sponsorship of the tourney without Adam. If they don't, the tournament will probably go away.

#17 5 years ago

By the way... Our "little pinball show" is getting a lot of attention on social media. What i'm saying is this... don't wait long to get ticket reservations.

This is our 6th year of the show. We basically only advertise here, and in the past, a little on facebook. This year i've done basically no advertising (other than this thread.) Show ticket reservations have been available less than 24 hours, and we're nearly 20% sold. That's pretty fast moving. Also i usually recognize the names buying tickets. This year, i'm not. That is, a new influx of people seems to be coming. This could push out some of the regular pinball people from tickets. Just something to keep in mind...

#18 5 years ago

Got my sat ticket. Collin, you better get the tailgate ready! Only 4 months away

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Got my sat ticket. Collin, you better get the tailgate ready! Only 4 months away

You could of probably got a parking lot pass for half price

#20 5 years ago

Here's some examples of names i don't recognize, but that bought a reservation.... (actually paypal names, with slight edits)

Skullfukked by Ghouls
    Unique clothing home
    rhythm society swing band

this seems to be more the way things are going this year. i'm pretty sure the 'skullfukked' guy is not a pinside regular...
    the crowd may be a bit more diverse this year.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

You could of probably got a parking lot pass for half price

Ya, but theres also a few pinballs at this show. At least 1 or 2. Excited to play the zaccs again

#22 5 years ago

Just picked up my reservations. Doing Saturday again this year, looks like Tigers are in town for a change so I’ll probably do the Tigers game Friday night and save myself a drive Saturday morning. Anyone have any Tiger tickets for a good price? Single game seats aren’t on their site for sale yet.

#23 5 years ago

I've been reading all the rave reviews of the event, and the amazing condition of all the machines, for the past few years and so I'm excited to finally be able to fly out this year to attend for the first time. Booked my reservation yesterday and now I can't wait for May. Thanks for putting the event on @cfh !

#24 5 years ago

Thx again clay simply the best show . Ordered tickets for sat. Can't wait. If anybody has a Bally mystic they want to sell please lmk.

#25 5 years ago

Got reservations for the wife and I on Saturday. I'm super excited, last year was the first year I knew about it and I missed out!

#26 5 years ago

Now I'm excited to meet Mr. Skullfukker

#27 5 years ago

Only 121 days to go.....

1920px-M-121.svg (resized).png1920px-M-121.svg (resized).png
    #28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

My Dad is “Mr.” Skullfukker. You can call me Steve.

#29 5 years ago

i'm having a hard time imagining the meeting of "puffdaddy" and "skullfukker" and "steve"... mind BLOWN!

#30 5 years ago

Will need to purchase tickets this afternoon. ...

Love me some Michigan in May.

Always afraid of what weather may hit the drive. Every year it snows like a bitch within a week or two prior, but then it all calms down.

Anxiety city.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Will need to purchase tickets this afternoon. ...
    Love me some Michigan in May.
    Always afraid of what weather may hit the drive. Every year it snows like a bitch within a week or two prior, but then it all calms down.
    Anxiety city.

Last year the weather was spectacular, warm, I remember commenting on how well they kept all the buildings cool, first year I went though (That would be 4 years ago in May) I could see my breath in the morning though so you never know what you're gonna get first week of May.

#32 5 years ago

Hey snakebacon is coming too!

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Be carefull what you wish for. He's a tad...aggressive.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Be carefull what you wish for. He's a tad...aggressive.

Get good use out of those gloves

#35 5 years ago

Curious as to what games will be new to the show this year
    or are you maxed out for space now?
    Last year you set up a bunch of Bally EMs that you shopped and set up.
    Also does Duncan have a new (HW) debut this year
    or is he still putting the finishing touches on Firefly.

#36 5 years ago

Alrighty folks. Looks like the wife and I are headed to Ann Arbor this year!

We will be bringing a couple games with us. Glad I was able to find a couple they don’t already have. Haha.

Can’t wait!

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

We will be bringing a couple games with us.

The triumphant return of Pinstadium Dun Dun Dunnnn

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The triumphant return of Pinstadium Dun Dun Dunnnn

You’re going to be able to see these things from your hotel rooms.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re going to be able to see these things from your hotel rooms.

Should be good. We're preparing your special "area" as we speak.

#40 5 years ago

Sweet. Had a fantastic time two years ago. Just got a ticket for Saturday. Looks like Gryszzz is planning on making the trip, too. Look out, Michigan.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Only 121 days to go.....
    [quoted image]

you got a sign for every day?

#42 5 years ago

120 Days!! Color it in on your calendar.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #43 5 years ago

Need a roommate! Must like copious amounts of beer, talking about younger women that we'll never have, and very loud death metal growls at all hours.
    Who's the lucky fella gonna be???

#44 5 years ago

My virgin VFW voyage! I'm so excited!

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Need a roommate! Must like copious amounts of beer, talking about younger women that we'll never have, and very loud death metal growls at all hours.
    Who's the lucky fella gonna be???

We will have beer and metal in the parking lot.

#46 5 years ago

Yes we will! Can't wait!

#47 5 years ago

I already know what my favorite part of this show is gonna be....
    R-E-C-R-E-A-T-I-O-N-A-L

#48 5 years ago

Law I expect to be punched in my face by you as soon as I step outta the truck. This cannot start any other way. I'll bring the Cro-Mags, you bring an icy MI beer for my eye.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I already know what my favorite part of this show is gonna be....
    R-E-C-R-E-A-T-I-O-N-A-L

I think you may want to find me on the happy trail,I'm pretty sure clay built it just for me.

#50 5 years ago

Lookin forward to hangin with ya Puffy!
    Just got clearance from wife tonight so that's why I'm overly MOTHERFUCKING EXUBERANT.

There are 562 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2019?hl=michigandad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.