Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 562 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mystic1 (resized).jpg
    fastasy1 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1512 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1558 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1528 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1547 (resized).jpg
    IMAG1548 (resized).jpg
    C82392AF-92D9-4691-A45D-65C23ADB3A02 (resized).jpeg
    20190504_163814 (resized).jpg
    20190504_160515 (resized).jpg
    6397D37B-51D3-4559-958A-5E9BE72239AF (resized).jpeg
    2B0670F1-C42F-41CC-BDDB-9CA845F2CA51 (resized).jpeg
    25980 (resized).jpeg
    20190503_222648 (resized).jpg
    01B2127D-DFB2-484E-A9FF-D0614DFA639F (resized).jpeg
    20190503_133952 (resized).jpg

There are 562 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.
    #301 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Now begins the yearly debate....
    Do I swap off my winter wheels before making the drive out there or not.?
    Hmm

May 5th in Ann Arbor has possibility of snow? Sad face.

#302 4 years ago

I ASSume he meant the whole Canadia thing? My Summer Tires have been on for weeks.

#303 4 years ago

Looking for Friday tickets... PM if you have any.

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I ASSume he meant the whole Canadia thing? My Summer Tires have been on for weeks.

We got snow yesterday... nothing stuck, but it was snowing again. Temperatures are still around zero overnight and winter tires are safer in those temperatures. With that said I'll swap before I head out.

#305 4 years ago

I've swapped prior to the drive every year so far, and likely will again.

Just always on my mind as I drive through some pretty rural stretches where weather can be demanding.

#306 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

I've swapped prior to the drive every year so far, and likely will again.

Throw a pair in the trunk, that is if you have wheel rims to go with 'em.

#307 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Throw a pair in the trunk, that is if you have wheel rims to go with 'em.

My trunk is the size of a shoebox. I couldn't even fit one wheel in there.... Let alone 4. Hahhaha.

#308 4 years ago

working on a couple more italian pinballs for the vfw show, me and the law should have them done.

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

working on a couple more italian pinballs for the vfw show, me and the law should have them done.

The Law and I should have them done .

#310 4 years ago

Va bene. Got any names or are they secret?

#311 4 years ago

Getting pumped for the show again this year. Will be my 4th year in attendance and I have been singing the praises since my first time out.

Thanks to everyone who works so hard to make this happen.

I even have friends coming in from Alabama and Florida just for the show, so I'll be in the parking lot with bombers of CBS and KBS ready to enjoy the weekend.

Cheers!

#312 4 years ago

11 days to go, what a deal.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #313 4 years ago

Will Abel (Gary) be there with Wonka?

#314 4 years ago

We tried to get a Wonka but were unable to obtain one. The VFW did get a Beatles and will be there ready to play.

#315 4 years ago
    Quoted from MiSC90:

We tried to get a Wanka but were unable to obtain one. The VFW did get a Beatles and will be there ready to play.

Wanka eh..... I am a professional if anyone needs tips or tricks.

#316 4 years ago

Black knight 3 will also be there.

#317 4 years ago

I have 3 Saturday and 2 Sunday ticket to sell for face value (my family was coming down for an overnight, but our kid's sports got in the way). PM me. I will e-mail per Clay's instructions once we work it out.

#318 4 years ago

Those won’t last long.

#319 4 years ago

I still have a Sunday ticket and EM ticket available as well.

#320 4 years ago

Any chance of an Oktoberfest being there???

#321 4 years ago

We have decided it is time to move on from my original Black Knight. It's pretty nice looking but eventually ran into some sort of board problems and no longer functions. I'm attaching a photo. I live an hour or so from the Ann Arbor Show this weekend and if anyone was interested in it I can bring it to the show Friday morning and hopefully leave it there for exchange or find a time when we could meet there.

Send me a message and we can discuss more details, more photos, and a price.

IMG_2275 (resized).JPGIMG_2275 (resized).JPG
    Added over 5 years ago:

Sale Pending! Can't just delete my post.

#322 4 years ago
    Quoted from birdgre1:

We have decided it is time to move on from my original Black Knight. It's pretty nice looking but eventually ran into some sort of board problems and no longer functions. I'm attaching a photo. I live an hour or so from the Ann Arbor Show this weekend and if anyone was interested in it I can bring it to the show Friday morning and hopefully leave it there for exchange or find a time when we could meet there.
    Send me a message and we can discuss more details, more photos, and a price.
    [quoted image]

The show is NEXT weekend.... Don't mix the dates up

#323 4 years ago

Well, my son who's graduating from UM told me he's hanging out with his friends Friday, so I can go to VFW on Friday. I was able to get an EM tourney spot and now I just need a Friday pass. Please PM, if you have a spot to transfer.

Thanks. I'm stoked I don't have to miss the event completely this year.

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from MichiganDad:

I have 3 Saturday and 2 Sunday ticket to sell for face value (my family was coming down for an overnight, but our kid's sports got in the way). PM me. I will e-mail per Clay's instructions once we work it out.

Still have 2 Sat tickets and 2 Sunday

#325 4 years ago

Hi all. I still have a ticket for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Message me if interested, thanks

#326 4 years ago
    20180427_100310 (resized).png20180427_100310 (resized).png
    #327 4 years ago

2 to 5 inches of snow in the forecast for this Sunday (4/28)! Should melt off pretty fast, though. Looks like it will be highs of about 60° for all three days of the show. Chance of rain Friday morning, then party cloudy the rest of the time.

#328 4 years ago

Cooler outside weather is better in my mind when it comes to filling a room full of machines that run hot with humans that heat up... with that said last year was the warmest VFW I remember and the place was amazingly cool, I was really impressed and when I think about it I don't ever remember overheating at VFW, the HVAC runs as well as the machines do! Looking forward to it again this year.

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

Cooler outside weather is better in my mind when it comes to filling a room full of machines that run hot with humans that heat up... with that said last year was the warmest VFW I remember and the place was amazingly cool, I was really impressed and when I think about it I don't ever remember overheating at VFW, the HVAC runs as well as the machines do! Looking forward to it again this year.

This was one of the reasons the show was moved from the weekend of/after Mother's Day. To ensure cooler weather.

#330 4 years ago

Agreed. 60° should be perfect!

#331 4 years ago
    Quoted from abelelectronics:

Big news for anyone attending the Ann Arbor Pinball show. We will have a prototype Willy Wonka LE at the show. We are taking preorders for all models right now. Contact me if you have any interest.
    [quoted image]

#332 4 years ago

Gary is the man!

#333 4 years ago

Still looking for Friday tickets. PM if you have any...

Thanks,
    Kevin

#334 4 years ago

Have one EM ticket available for the Friday morning tournament. PM me if interested.

#335 4 years ago

If anyone has a lockdown bar for a 1964 williams zig zag let me know. Thanks.

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from MichiganDad:

ticket to sell for face value

Just made me wonder if scalping VFW tickets is now a thing just like all concerts nowadays.

#337 4 years ago
    Quoted from polyacanthus:

Just made me wonder if scalping VFW tickets is now a thing just like all concerts nowadays.

I needed a couple of tickets for the last show for a friend and had to pay a scalper (a former member of the club) above face value for the tickets.

#338 4 years ago
    Quoted from polyacanthus:

I hope not. It was likely me overthinking it. I am down to just 2 Sunday tickets if anyone needs one.

#339 4 years ago
    bn (resized).jpgbn (resized).jpgbp (resized).jpgbp (resized).jpg
    #340 4 years ago

I have four ticket reservations available... two for friday and two for saturday. someone turned them in (can't go), and did not want a refund. so if you want to go and need ticket reservations, email me directly. please don't be greedy.... [email protected]

#341 4 years ago

Are there any Sunday tics available?

#342 4 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Are there any Sunday tics available?

I have one available. Pm me

#343 4 years ago

friday and saturday tickets spoken for

#344 4 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Why is Beatles so short?

#345 4 years ago

Single level.
    Like Seawitch.
    Like TNA.

#346 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Single level.
    Like Seawitch.
    Like TNA.

Yes, I know, but it's roughly the same cabinet as what it's next to.

I was playing a Beatles tonight and it wasn't significantly different from it's surroundings.

Just looks really short in that pic

#347 4 years ago

Still have a ticket for Fri, Sat and Sunday. I've had surgery so can't go, just looking to get back what I paid.

Thanks, Kris

#348 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I needed a couple of tickets for the last show for a friend and had to pay a scalper (a former member of the club) above face value for the tickets.

What a douche move. I would say that if someone is offering you tickets but holding them out at a higher than face value price trying to make a profit, then let Clay know. He could then just refund there $5 reserve fee and release the tickets to those who really want to go.

#349 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Yes, I know, but it's roughly the same cabinet as what it's next to.
    I was playing a Beatles tonight and it wasn't significantly different from it's surroundings.
    Just looks really short in that pic

The legs mount higher on the cabinet. Game is not nearly as steep as new games.

#350 4 years ago
    Quoted from GrueLurks:

What a douche move. I would say that if someone is offering you tickets but holding them out at a higher than face value price trying to make a profit, then let Clay know. He could then just refund there $5 reserve fee and release the tickets to those who really want to go.

who do you think was scalping them?? (clay's got to make money to pay for all those mcdonald's breakfasts somehow
    btw, if someone wants to score points with him. bring him the following:
    - medium coffee w/ 2 cream
    - sausage mcmuffin w/ extra butter

There are 562 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-mi-vfw-pinball-show-2019/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.